HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The eve of Colorado vs Montreal

Old
10-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
The eve of Colorado vs Montreal

I cant wait for this one.

When key players leave town and come back as an opponent for the first time, I tend to remember the good things that they brought to the franchise.

Seeing Brisebois back is going to make me remember about our last stanley cup.

I'll think back to the zednik cheapshot by McLaren.... when theodore basically said we are going to pull this series out for zed.... and boy... did he ever pull it out. Theodore's heroic season where he led a koivuless team to the playoffs. A team that had no business to be sniffing the playoffs.

But now that these guys are on the other side, I hope they get shelled because I support the CH more than any player who ever wore it. (And by shelled, I dont mean throwing eggs at them.)

At the same time, I also hope in a twisted way that theo steals the show just to piss off those guys who actually want to throw things at him. If you want to boo, its a free world.... but I hope people dont go overthe line and disgrace the sport and team by throwing things at them. I doubt it will happen but the previous locked thread was a little disturbing.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:43 PM
BLONG7

As long as the Habs win...the side-show that has Theo in the centre is OK with me...Hopefully it will be a good game, and is a win for the Habs, and Theo and Patricia both play...OK...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:51 PM
danbrave

I'm glad someone came out and said this. It really bothers me how soon people forget about all the good Theo did for this franchise. He basically steered it on the right course by stealing that playoff series, and he won a Vezina and Hart trophy on top of it all. I know he's had a rough patch and who knows if he'll ever turn it around but for a while there he was the face of the Canadiens. People were very quick to turn on him, maybe justifiably so, but I think he deserves more than to get booed tomorrow night.

danbrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Astroboy

I hope people are respectful of Theo. I don't understand why people hate him so much. I know he had a bad year, but he also had many great years in my opinion.

I think the fans should give Theo a round of applause and show a little class.

Astroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

anyone want to bet that if Colorado wins like 4-2 and if Theo makes like 25 saves the Montreal media will say that Theo is back to form and that Bob made a bad trade?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 08:26 PM
phil666

what? you mean not everybody actually plans on throwing a pack of eggs at Theo?

phil666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 08:30 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroboy View Post
I hope people are respectful of Theo. I don't understand why people hate him so much. I know he had a bad year, but he also had many great years in my opinion.

I think the fans should give Theo a round of applause and show a little class.
I would think most people will be respectful towards Theo, personally I wouldn't boo him or any of the ex Habs, don't understand why others feel the need to do so but the world is full of jack ***'s especially the kind that are actually stupid enough to consider throwing eggs and then even dumber to tell people about before on a public message board.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 08:37 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Very nice post.
I will be at the game and I will remeber the good things Theo did but I will also remember the bad I will only boo him if he plays well. If he plays just alright and the Habs win I will cheer for him!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 01:43 AM
FinnHab

can i watch this game on TVU?? at least i listening to it on webradio...

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 01:53 AM
DieHardHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbrave View Post
I'm glad someone came out and said this. It really bothers me how soon people forget about all the good Theo did for this franchise. He basically steered it on the right course by stealing that playoff series, and he won a Vezina and Hart trophy on top of it all. I know he's had a rough patch and who knows if he'll ever turn it around but for a while there he was the face of the Canadiens. People were very quick to turn on him, maybe justifiably so, but I think he deserves more than to get booed tomorrow night.
good call

DieHardHabs is offline   Reply With Quote