HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Paulina Gretzky sings, I will Remember You

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2003, 07:46 PM
kraigus

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
My guess was she did it in a studio before, and synced at the game. She dropped the mic a couple of times before the notes stopped, and her hands were *shaking*, but her voice was rock steady.

That, or she's as inhumanly gifted as her father. :-)

Old
11-22-2003, 07:51 PM
GJ Oil

Live or Memorex, I don't care, it was absolutely magical, just like the whole day. This was Wayne Gretzky's daughter coming to Edmonton to sing for us in -20 C weather. It was a beautiful moment.

Thank you Paulina.

Old
11-22-2003, 07:52 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigus
My guess was she did it in a studio before, and synced at the game. She dropped the mic a couple of times before the notes stopped, and her hands were *shaking*, but her voice was rock steady.

One thing I did notice, was it sounded equally good, but slightly different at some parts today than it did last night. That would lean towards the real side.

And there's an absolute ton of genetics there......

Old
11-22-2003, 07:55 PM
Reign Nateo

I didn't watch close enough to see if she lip-synced or not, but I thought it was well done, whoever was signing.

Old
11-22-2003, 08:00 PM
OilSlick

She was definitely singing it live. She sang the same song last night at Legends Live and it sounded exactly the same. She did an amazing job. She has talent.

Old
11-22-2003, 08:22 PM
Yosemite Sam

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilSlick
She was definitely singing it live. She sang the same song last night at Legends Live and it sounded exactly the same. She did an amazing job. She has talent.
Like you said, it sounded exactly the same.

Lip-synch.

Old
11-22-2003, 08:30 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerMania83
I'm 16...so I'm allowed to say she's smoking hot

Did she lip sync??
EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS!!!! TO THE TEE!!! Plus, this is one time I wouldn't mind meeting the parents too!

Old
11-22-2003, 10:09 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Lip Sinc or not, she's a good singer, and if it works for Shania Twain who makes millions, then Why cant Paulina Gretzky do it??? I seen her last night too, in her cute yet revealing school girl outfit...she has her mom's legs.

And yup she's only 14, and suddenly, R.kelly doesn't seem like such a bad guy; Does Wayne Gretzky have a son for Micheal Ja....err... I won't go there.

Old
11-22-2003, 10:14 PM
Fincan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy3650
It had to be lip sync. I can't imagine any singer sounding like that if it was live. I think anyone whose been to a concert would agree with me (unless it was a Britney Spears concert or something, those stupid pop stars always lip sync). In any case, she still has a pretty damn good voice. The thing about Shania was that they used the radio recording, which made it painfully obvious that she was lip syncing. To this day I can't understand why they did that. Atleast in this case, you could suspend disbelief.
I think you have to go see better live performers then.

I think it was live........there were a few cracks in the voice.....if it was a CD it wouldnt be so.

and a litle off topic, but performers like Britney or Janet Jackson or Madonna dont always use playback. Yes they do do it, that is because they dance and move and PERFORM which would affect your sound, but they do also sing. Sorry just a pet peeve of mine.

Old
11-22-2003, 10:56 PM
gb701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincan
I think you have to go see better live performers then.

I think it was live........there were a few cracks in the voice.....if it was a CD it wouldnt be so.

and a litle off topic, but performers like Britney or Janet Jackson or Madonna dont always use playback. Yes they do do it, that is because they dance and move and PERFORM which would affect your sound, but they do also sing. Sorry just a pet peeve of mine.
The two second delay in the middle of the song between her lips closing and ceasing to move and the voicetrack stoppping was a pretty solid clue she was lipsynching.

No doubt about it.

Good track though. She has a good voice - just didn't have to use it today.

Old
11-22-2003, 11:58 PM
Canadian Chris

vCash: 748
Personally, I think she was lip-synching.....only because if you've ever tried to sing in temps lower than -10, you'd realize how freakin' difficult it is! I had to do it for chorus once....yes, I know...chorus...I suck ....it was an easy class, and I'm not a half bad singer...anyways, I had to do it once, and you can't sustain your breath long enough to hold a decent pitch.

I won't argue that it was her voice, because I don't doubt that it was. However, to keep a consistent pitch, it's nearly impossible in temps lower than -10....and not terribly difficult to make it look like you're actually singing either by simply breathing at the right times.

Old
11-23-2003, 03:14 AM
Meanashell11

There must be a lot of young oiler fans here because if you do the math, last cup for wayne, 1988, wedding 1988, 2003. 14 years old. Guess you dont remember the summer of '88.

Old
11-23-2003, 04:16 AM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ Oil
Live or Memorex, I don't care, it was absolutely magical, just like the whole day. This was Wayne Gretzky's daughter coming to Edmonton to sing for us in -20 C weather. It was a beautiful moment.

Thank you Paulina.
Yeah, I don't mind either way - unlike some, I don't get pissed at performers lip synching at concerts and the like, because if their voice cracks or something they get ripped up one side and down the other, never mind they were doing aerobics at the time. Paulina was singing in a wind and at -20 (and very poorly dressed for it, too) - we heard everybody else, their voices were funny from the cold.

(I DO have an issue if they lip synch to somebody else's voice though. *looks at Milli Vanilli* )

Old
11-23-2003, 07:43 AM
Mikey 71

I actually think it was something not mentioned yet. There is technology out there that will automatically correct your sound if the tone is off. It knows the tone that is right and automatically corrects it out the mic if it is off. I have no idea what it is called, but it is used by Shania and many others.

Listen to the guys try to talk. They had trouble even doing that let alone someone trying to sing. All that aside, it was a great performance and takes guts to get out there in front of so many people. Don't forget that with her last name, people automatically expect nothing short of perfection. As for her parents, I think they would want it to be done in the least likely to fail manner. They would never want her to be embarrassed.

Old
11-23-2003, 09:32 AM
The New Dynasty

Well first off I think she was singing, Im not getting drawn into the argument but those are just my thoughts.

Secondly I am 18 and I can admit shes hot, damn hot, to hot, but thats a compliment persueing that (at least until she turns 16 ) would make me (or anyone else a dirty old man, within reason)

Just
my 2 cents

Old
11-23-2003, 09:46 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbear
shes 14?!?!?!

honestly, whats with girls these days. they look 10 years older than they actually are.

i feel like a dirty old man, and im only 21!
Not to condone these kind of actions, but the legal age of consent (according to law, NOT MORALS) is 14.

Old
11-23-2003, 02:46 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

i have no clue if she was lip syncing or not...i was too busy drooling...

Old
11-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Don Smoove

Send a message via MSN to Don Smoove
I'd hit it.

Old
11-23-2003, 04:29 PM
krooky

I thought she did a wicked job and who cares if she lip-synced or not. Also, my buddy went to the Legends Live thing and he said when she walked out Craig Simpson checked out her ASS!!

Old
11-23-2003, 05:10 PM
Don Smoove

Send a message via MSN to Don Smoove
Okay, this whole thread is so very wrong (not for me because i'm 17 though). LMAO about Craig Simpson, everytime I look at him i'll be thinking about that now.

Old
11-23-2003, 10:01 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

She helps me take my mind off the Olsen twins.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:15 AM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigus

I can neither confirm nor deny the lip-syncing, but I do know this...

She has recorded the song in a studio in Los Angeles. The owner of the studio is a Doctor in the city where I live, and he provided the radio station where I work with a copy of the CD she recorded.

I'm proud to say that we were the first media outlet in Canada to broadcast that song (just to toot our own horn )

I don't know if it will be availiable for purchase, or if she's planning on recording more tracks, or even if she has a major label contract, but she certainly has the talent to forge a great career in the music industry.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:31 AM
USC Trojans
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno
I don't know if it will be availiable for purchase, or if she's planning on recording more tracks, or even if she has a major label contract, but she certainly has the talent to forge a great career in the music industry.
Thank God. I'm tired of that Britney girl already.

Old
11-24-2003, 12:56 PM
Master Lok

Yah she lip sync'ed. She could have been singing softly live however which explains the breath in the air.

Old
11-24-2003, 07:11 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

anyone have any pictures of her from either the game or legends live? i could only find one...help is much appreciated thanks!

Closed Thread