HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ronning To Ottawa?

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 05:20 AM
BigDaddyGarrioch

vCash: 500
Ronning To Ottawa?

Bruce 'Where's the cream filling?' Garrioch reported in an article today that Ottawa may have some intrest in signing Ronning. The same was reported on Sportsnet this morning. Ronning could be seen as a replacement for Smolinski who is out with an injury.

Is Smolinski not gone for a week? By the time Ronning is game ready, Smolinski will have returned.

Old
11-25-2003, 08:07 AM
sensfan18

It makes no sense at all. I think the cream filled one was short on stories so he made it up. I mean I'd rather him than Van Allen on the 4th line, but even then what about Fish when he comes back?

Old
11-25-2003, 08:44 AM
Sec of Partying Down

Garrioch just thinks of players that he would like to have and then prints rumours about them. Pay no attention.

Old
11-25-2003, 08:45 AM
donelikedinner

why bother with anything garrioch says? he's a total moron who will repeat anything he hears or he just makes up crap so he can hear his own whiny voice. nothing is funnier than watching garrioch on HNIC during the Satellite Hotstove saying nothing as the conversation moves too fast for him and anything he had to say was dealt with in the first 2 seconds of the broadcast.

garrioch's credibility is lost and he will never find it.

Old
11-25-2003, 10:35 AM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyGarrioch
Bruce 'Where's the cream filling?' Garrioch reported in an article today that Ottawa may have some intrest in signing Ronning. The same was reported on Sportsnet this morning. Ronning could be seen as a replacement for Smolinski who is out with an injury.

Is Smolinski not gone for a week? By the time Ronning is game ready, Smolinski will have returned.
Last I heard, Anaheim & Calgary were the two teams looking for his services. Nashville also but they offered him a 2-way contract which he rightfully refused. Ottawa does not make much sense to me as they are already loaded at C. Fischer & Smolinski will be back, then what do they do ?? I see the Sens improving via trade before FA.

Old
11-25-2003, 10:46 AM
the future

i think the flames are definitely interested. i believe sutter will try to clear some budget room via a trade and then sign the little runt. look for lydman and saprykin to be moved with an offensive dman coming back.

Old
11-25-2003, 11:03 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
any chance lacroix signs him?

niko, forsberg and hahl all are out until at least late dec.

ronning would look nice between kono and selanne, a grinder with skill, a playmaker and a sniper seems like a nice fit.

Old
11-25-2003, 11:05 AM
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by the future
i think the flames are definitely interested. i believe sutter will try to clear some budget room via a trade and then sign the little runt. look for lydman and saprykin to be moved with an offensive dman coming back.
And what offensive dman are they going to get? I can't think of any off the top of my head that are out there on the block. Skoula is always poneyed up but he isn't worth either of those two let alone both. I can't see the Flames moving both Lydman and Saprykin together unless it's for a top 6 forward. That is the biggest need for the Flames, not an offensive dman. They have Leopold.

Old
11-25-2003, 11:10 AM
Sec of Partying Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by the future
Uhh...no, Lydman is not going anywhere. IF a defensemen is going to be traded it will be Gauthier.

Old
11-26-2003, 03:33 AM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Ronning would add even more speed to the sens and would IMO help them down the middle thought I am not sure there is room for him in Ottawa to put it simple.. Is Fisher still hurt?

Closed Thread