HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radulov

Old
10-23-2006, 07:51 PM
AdsSabresRule

vCash: 500
..And How!

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Paxton Fettel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
Trotz has to play him more than seven mins a game.
agree

Paxton Fettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfloorpunch716x View Post
how long is he up for?
While it seems as if Trotz can't wait to send him back down, he has a chance to play on Thursday as Sullivan and Vasicek are still day to day.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 12:13 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Polishing egos? While I'm sure there are some egos involved, merely displaying dissension isn't what I would call an ego-fest. To turn it around on you, the ultimate act of egotism is asking for a lack of dissension. Those who surround themselves with "yes men" incapable of independent thought are exactly those types whose egos need polishing.

I think what you need to understand here is that coaches make mistakes. Until they completely eliminate mistakes, they open themselves up to deserved and undeserved questioning and scrutiny. I think there are enough quality posters on this board to deliver deserved scrutiny. Does it mean that Trotz is wrong and nomorekids is right? Hardly. But it means that Trotz is fallible, and nmk has a differing opinion. If that's not up your alley, that sucks. Because, personally, I don't want to be a board full of mindless drones afraid to voice an opinion different from that of the party line.

hockey god alert! hockey god alert!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:45 AM
puckwild

I only watched like 10 minutes of that game, but he was all over the place causing havoc. Then I noticed he only played 11:00 minutes again. I know you guys have a lot of good forwards, but do you think he will stick on the top two lines or get sent down. I would love to see what he could do with 15-20 minutes a game for a 5 game or so stretch. I think he has a lot of Semin in him.

puckwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 04:14 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckwild View Post
I only watched like 10 minutes of that game, but he was all over the place causing havoc. Then I noticed he only played 11:00 minutes again. I know you guys have a lot of good forwards, but do you think he will stick on the top two lines or get sent down. I would love to see what he could do with 15-20 minutes a game for a 5 game or so stretch. I think he has a lot of Semin in him.
must....not....make...joke...but...so...hard...NOT ...TO!

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 08:42 AM
SkittlyRit

BWAHAHAHAHA.
Oh gawd, that was awesome.

SkittlyRit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:19 AM
DXFlyers

Would Nashville trade Radulov & a defensemen for Forsberg if you guys were on a playoffs run? I was just asking because this was a topic of disscussion on the a Flyers messageboard?

DXFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:28 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXFlyers View Post
Would Nashville trade Radulov & a defensemen for Forsberg if you guys were on a playoffs run? I was just asking because this was a topic of disscussion on the a Flyers messageboard?
Only if you drug Poile in advance.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:49 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Sure if that defenseman is Pitkanen.....

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

We wouldn't trade Radulov, but I'm sure you could pry away one of our many defensive prospects (Klein, Niskala, Kulyash, etc>) along with possibly Scottie Upshall - granted, I don't know if we would have to give up both to acquire Forsberg or not. I'm just pointing out who is available.

10-30-2006, 11:15 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Poile might not trade Radu for Forsberg straight up. As much as I'd love to have him, that's too much salary coming back at us. We've already loaded up the payroll for our standards as it is. The addition of Forsberg while it might make financial sense as a deadline deal in the final year of his contract doesn't make sense with respect to our current roster. He'd immediately make us a better team, but if we are going to spend 5+ million, it needs to be to shore up the backend with a veteran, physical Dman.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:30 PM
dagame7474

How long is Radulov staying???

And will he get more ice time anytime soon???

Thanx

dagame7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagame7474 View Post
And will he get more ice time anytime soon???

Thanx
Probably until Vasisuck gets healthy
Probably not

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:42 PM
misfit
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messier View Post
Hopefully Trotz didn't go to the MacTavish school of giving players a chance.

MacT once said that a game was Jani Rita's last chance to show he belonged in the NHL and played him for about 5 shifts in the game with a grinder and slowest NHLer defensman on record turned winger for that one game....Scott Ferguson.

Trotz has to work the kid into a position to succeed. Give him two decent guys to work with for 15 minutes a game and see how he does for a few games.

I think Radulov would succeed under those circumstances....
Rita didn't do any better with Sidney Crosby as a linemate than he did with Ferguson, so how can you blame MacT (Rita did get more games with the Oilers after that game if anyone was wondering if it actually turned out to be his last chance).

The NHL isn't a developmental league, and Trotz, like MacT, isn't there to give primo minutes and linemates to unproven players out of junior just because they can dangle. No other coach does unless they have no choice (ie. teams with no talent), or the player's name is Crosby (or both) so why should Trotz? He shouldn't, and that's because he's a good coach. It's about giving him the best opportunity to succeed. Just look at who Phaneuf played most of his icetime against last year.

Looking at the shift chart from that game (VAN @ NSH), it looked like he was used as any smart coach would've done:

- First shift after a pk (when the opponent's best players leave the ice after playing the powerplay).
- Didn't kill any penalties.
- Put out mostly against the Burrows-Chouinard-Green line.
- Kept away from the Sedins (he had one shift against Naslund and the twins where they changed - after guess who? - as Radulov was on the ice).
- 2nd unit powerplay time with Dumont, Hartnell, Weber, and Suter on the second unit (until he eventually took a penalty himself).

He didn't see any ice in OT, but that's because they started OT on the pk, and Arnott-Kariya-Suter-Zidlicky was out the rest of the way (Legwand's line wasn't out long before it ended).

What exactly should he have done differently? Because to me, it looked like he DID put him in the best situation to succeed. Also, Trotz seemed to have liked what he saw because the next game in San Jose, he was given better linemates (Upshall and Smithson) and faced tougher opposition (every ESshift against the 3rd line of Grier, Nieminen, Brown). Then again in Calgary with Legwand and Hartnell. It looked like Trotz was trying to get the Huselius-Lundmark-Amonte vs. Hartnell-Legwand-Radulov matchup, but Playfair seemed to be trying to get Friesen-Lombardi-Kobasew against Radulov's line. Playfair got his wish most of the time on account of having the last change.

Last edited by misfit: 10-30-2006 at 04:54 PM. Reason: to add the following two games
misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:43 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

Much like Legwand, Rads awkward skating stride makes him appear a bit slower than everyone else on the ice. He hasnt been burned or left behind in the play so I know that he cant be.

Anyone else notice this?

Old
10-30-2006, 03:26 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
Much like Legwand, Rads awkward skating stride makes him appear a bit slower than everyone else on the ice. He hasnt been burned or left behind in the play so I know that he cant be.

Anyone else notice this?
I noticed this burns, but the difference between Radulov and Legwand is that Legwand skates very efficiently and Radulov doesn't. He actually has a stride more like Hartnell [although Hartnell has definitely improved his stride since he first came up here], which is very inefficient as well, but Radulov's athleticism keeps him in the play and from being burned and left behind.

Coaches and scouts have always said that pure skating was Radulov's weakest attribute and could be improved upon.....I would say send him to the skating school [I think it is Laura Stamm's powerskating school, although I may be mistaken] that Hartnell, Schremp and others have had good results from...

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 08:20 PM
darth5
No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Coaches and scouts have always said that pure skating was Radulov's weakest attribute and could be improved upon.....I would say send him to the skating school [I think it is Laura Stamm's powerskating school, although I may be mistaken] that Hartnell, Schremp and others have had good results from...
I have no doubt this will be an off-season assignment for Radu. If he can skate more efficiently, think of the dimensions added to his game!

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 11:30 AM
Testify

on that subject I was watching his first 2 games in the NHL, and hell never saw him really skate like that in the Q, atleast really few times.

I guess his skating was a little bit above average in the Q.

Testify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 12:34 PM
PredDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testify View Post
on that subject I was watching his first 2 games in the NHL, and hell never saw him really skate like that in the Q, atleast really few times.

I guess his skating was a little bit above average in the Q.
Probably much better ice surfaces in the QMJHL ? (not as many ruts or issues with ice conditioning). We've had numerous complaints about the ice quality at the HOP. <-- "Home Of the Predators" or that unnamed building on Broadway or the good ole, Nashville Arena.

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 12:35 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

fine, we shall have to table this discussion until Wednesday Night's game in Edmonton.

Old
10-31-2006, 12:49 PM
NashisCash

I would say his skating isn't all that bad, it could use some more work, but if anything he needs to get faster. He's decent laterally, it's easy to see that on those moves where he darts into the slot and lets a shot fly, and he's very strong on his skates. His skating stride just doesn't lend itself to a lot of quickness or speed, which can certainly be improved especially with more strengh training. He reminds me of Frolov in the way that he knows exactly how to position his body to guard the puck and buy a few extra seconds of time.

NashisCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post
Probably much better ice surfaces in the QMJHL ? (not as many ruts or issues with ice conditioning). We've had numerous complaints about the ice quality at the HOP. <-- "Home Of the Predators" or that unnamed building on Broadway or the good ole, Nashville Arena.
Actually, in my viewing experience, a guy who was an average skater in Junior/college look's like horrific skater in the NHL,at least to start with.Thats why his skating may have looked better in the Q, cause the quality of skater in the Q is waaay worse than it is in the NHL .

Last edited by Sammy*: 10-31-2006 at 02:25 PM.
Sammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post

I actually saw/heard about poor ice conditions on the NYI, NYR and NJD road trip.

So, it's NOT just us.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 03:44 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

he is going to play tonite?

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote