HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs vs NorthEast Division

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-24-2006, 09:13 AM
  #1
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Habs vs NorthEast Division

The habs definitely have their work cut out for them in the Eastern Conference.

What I was wondering is: What do you guys think the habs have to do in order to beat the teams in our division?

So for each team, what do you think the proper strategy for beating them would be if you were coach?

For example: Buffalo's a fast team, their defense likes to block shots. We've seen this last season and now. I think Montreal needs to stop feeding the puck back to defensemen for slap shots when 90% of them are going to be blocked. Miller is a good goalie, the further the distance from the goalie, the harder the shot needs to be. Whether or not your fast doesn't make a difference when your shooting pucks from the blueline against a team that blocks most of the shots.

I do admit rebounds are a great way to score against most teams but it seems against Buffalo our shots never seem to make the net.

Another thing is, too many fancy passing plays against a team faster then you isn't good. They like to break up passes and block shots. We need more of Kovalev/Samsanov/Etc taking the zone and setting up quick plays. The more shots you actually get on the net, the more goal possibilities.

Anyways, I'd like to know what you all think on how to beat any of these four teams. Either choose one or do em all. I'd love to hear everyones opinions on this.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 09:24 AM
  #2
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,809
vCash: 1976
I choose Buffalo:

It wont happen.. they to strong, lol.
Best team ive seen in the NHL in a while.


The rest of the division.. we can beat them all. We competed with Ottawa who doesnt impress me all that much early this season.
Toronto..well, its Toronto..we MUST beat them!
Boston..same as the leafs.. my 2 most hated teams, so we gotta beat em.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 10:03 AM
  #3
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
I think Boston is a joke this season. The Leafs are where the habs were 2-3 seasons ago. They'll make it in at 8th. Habs will make it in at 5-6th. Boston won't make it so no worries. Ottawa will be a joke come playoff time.(lol) Buffalo will probably be the only thing to stop the habs this season, I don't see TO or Boston giving us any trouble.

Toronto is just lucky for aquiring RayCroft. He's good and will fight them to the playoffs and as usual get beaten first round.(raycroft)

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 10:27 AM
  #4
Roo
Registered User
 
Roo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
I think Boston is a joke this season. The Leafs are where the habs were 2-3 seasons ago. They'll make it in at 8th. Habs will make it in at 5-6th. Boston won't make it so no worries. Ottawa will be a joke come playoff time.(lol) Buffalo will probably be the only thing to stop the habs this season, I don't see TO or Boston giving us any trouble.

Toronto is just lucky for aquiring RayCroft. He's good and will fight them to the playoffs and as usual get beaten first round.(raycroft)
TO's success lies in their defense... sorry, their $20M dollar defense LOL
Seriously though, Raycroft will bring solid goaltending, but he isnt an elite goalie that will steal his team games. He will make big saves here and there, but Toronto, with their #3 and #4 defensemen out are doing fairly well. With Kubina back on D, the difference is huge, more than most leaf fans themselves would have thought. They will be a very tough opponent this year when the defense is healthy (Kubina and Colaiacovo).

Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 01:00 PM
  #5
5 man unit
Registered User
 
5 man unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I choose Buffalo:

It wont happen.. they to strong, lol.
Best team ive seen in the NHL in a while.


The rest of the division.. we can beat them all. We competed with Ottawa who doesnt impress me all that much early this season.
Toronto..well, its Toronto..we MUST beat them!
Boston..same as the leafs.. my 2 most hated teams, so we gotta beat em.
That's what you got out of yesterday's game? Buffalo is too strong? I must have been watching a different game. The Habs took it to them in the first and third periods, were let down by an early bad goal, and made a couple of mental mistakes. I agree that Buffalo is a good team, but I came out of that game thinking the Habs CAN play with them. Buffalo did NOT dominate, and are definately beatable.

The way to beat them is to make less mistakes, capitalize on your chances, and get strong goaltending. The Habs game plan worked last night.they had more scoring chances and generally controlled the play.

5 man unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 02:05 PM
  #6
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Buffalo:

A) Less Slapping from the Point (Buffalo Blocks Shots)
B) Use bigger guys to take the zone
C) Setup plays without too many passes, their defense is too good for 50 passes.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 02:12 PM
  #7
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
The habs definitely have their work cut out for them in the Eastern Conference.

What I was wondering is: What do you guys think the habs have to do in order to beat the teams in our division?

So for each team, what do you think the proper strategy for beating them would be if you were coach?

For example: Buffalo's a fast team, their defense likes to block shots. We've seen this last season and now. I think Montreal needs to stop feeding the puck back to defensemen for slap shots when 90% of them are going to be blocked. Miller is a good goalie, the further the distance from the goalie, the harder the shot needs to be. Whether or not your fast doesn't make a difference when your shooting pucks from the blueline against a team that blocks most of the shots.

I do admit rebounds are a great way to score against most teams but it seems against Buffalo our shots never seem to make the net.

Another thing is, too many fancy passing plays against a team faster then you isn't good. They like to break up passes and block shots. We need more of Kovalev/Samsanov/Etc taking the zone and setting up quick plays. The more shots you actually get on the net, the more goal possibilities.

Anyways, I'd like to know what you all think on how to beat any of these four teams. Either choose one or do em all. I'd love to hear everyones opinions on this.
best solution is to stop playing buffalo

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.