HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

problems in philli

Old
10-22-2006, 01:21 PM
nextgretz*

vCash: 500
problems in philli

who will be the first player to leave the Phillidelphia Flyers orginization, during the "rebuilding process"?

nextgretz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:22 PM
MojoJojo

If you want to keep making threads about "Philli" or "philladelphia", please at least learn to spell the name correctly

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:24 PM
nextgretz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
If you want to keep making threads about "Philli" or "philladelphia", please at least learn to spell the name correctly
srry

nextgretz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Um, what rebuilding process?

You can't rebuild poor offensive/defensive systems and you can't rebuild a lack of heart and passion by trading away your best players (like Gagne for that little weasel in Montreal).

You fix it by firing the coach responsible for those ****** systems and passionless and heartless play.

You don't just scrap a season and "rebuild" because you lose 6 games to start the season.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Grave77digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
Know you know what its like when people keep miss spelling PittsburgH

Grave77digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 02:28 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave77digger View Post
Know you know what its like when people keep miss spelling PittsburgH
or 'now'

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
or 'now'

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextgretz View Post
who will be the first player to leave the Phillidelphia Flyers orginization, during the "rebuilding process"?
Quite the assumption there. Check your calendar.

NHL GMs do not "rebuild" based on three weeks of play.

If this board is indicative of the mindset of our nation's future business leaders, I'm scared.

Absolutely no patience and belief in the ability of a team to refind itself and succeed.

Trade! Trade! Trade! Change! Change! Change! Every SINGLE DAY. And of course, the ever-popular HF buzzword: "rebuild".

Yes, this is a "trade board". But that does not excuse using common sense.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 05:39 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Quite the assumption there. Check your calendar.

NHL GMs do not "rebuild" based on three weeks of play.

If this board is indicative of the mindset of our nation's future business leaders, I'm scared.

Absolutely no patience and belief in the ability of a team to refind itself and succeed.

Trade! Trade! Trade! Change! Change! Change! Every SINGLE DAY. And of course, the ever-popular HF buzzword: "rebuild".

Yes, this is a "trade board". But that does not excuse using common sense.
It is early, but even if the Flyers pick it up, which I'm sure at some point they will, this hole they dug for themselves is going to hurt their chances of making the playoffs. The league is so competitive now, with so many teams kncking on the door for a playoff spot. Those 5 points below .500 (and really you need to be at almost .600 to make the PO), are going to be hard to make up. If they do miss, then of course they are going to try and get something for players that are soon to be Free agents, and are going to want youth in return.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 05:53 PM
dedhed

I think Paul Holmgren will do his best in attempting to move Esche & Hatcher or Rathje out of Philly.On the offensive side I'd like to see Forsberg waive his no trade clause. Trading Forsberg would be the only player who could net enough talent to rebuild. Trading Gagne would garner equal talent,and having one Gagne is enough as far as I can see it,(never liked him and probably never will).
I don't think Holmgren is going to move into his new role by trading away the "future" of this franchise (meaning Richards,Carter,Meyers-who should be traded-,Umberger or Nittymaki).
Clarke was way over his head in this new,salary-cap controlled NHL.He had no clue,has admitted his faults and now we can all sit back and watch and pray for miracles.

dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 07:32 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I think before anyone of Forsberg's calibre gets moved, Stevens is going to be given adequate time to pull it together. It's eight games into the season and while we might be 1-6-1, there's still plenty of time to turn it around. The housecleaning needed to be done because things became stale. However, with new "blood" running the show, things should be fun to watch. I'm sure that there will be some new energy from the team and it won't surprise me if they go on a huge run.

I'd be more worried if 20 games from now, they still haven't improved. If they're still five games below or worse, then I can see the potential housecleaning begin. As for Forsberg, he'll be moved closer to the trading deadline if that's the case. That's when you can get the most for him. Doesn't make sense to move him right now.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I think before anyone of Forsberg's calibre gets moved, Stevens is going to be given adequate time to pull it together. It's eight games into the season and while we might be 1-6-1, there's still plenty of time to turn it around. The housecleaning needed to be done because things became stale. However, with new "blood" running the show, things should be fun to watch. I'm sure that there will be some new energy from the team and it won't surprise me if they go on a huge run.
Sage perspective, IMO.

It is amazing how quickly some quit. Or assume future failure.

Their perogative, of course....but eight games in?!

As you stated, the "housecleaning" took place today. This is a decided shock to the system of the players, or at least it should be. You now give them time to respond and have faith that they will. One discounts the kneejerk "burn it to the ground" recommendations of anti-Flyer fans. But to read such sentiment from Flyer fans is weird.

How quickly some forget the 100 points last season (and got knocked out of the playoffs by the 2nd best team in the Conference last spring), or the fact that you still possess, when healthy, arguably the best player in the game. Get rid of him, now! Several weeks after naming him your captain! Because he may walk away...nine months from now! And the team is several points behind in the conference on October 22nd. The Fantasy league championship, er Eastern Conference playoff spot, is out of reach!

Back to reality....

This team is clearly flawed. But that does not dictate a purge. Perhaps, something a bit less radical?

Nah, can't have moderation on this board.

REBUILD!...then rebuild again next week!

Last edited by Trottier: 10-22-2006 at 08:36 PM.
Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Kesler Kills Kommies

Morrision+2nd round for Forsberg at deadline

Kesler Kills Kommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 08:33 PM
txpd

IMO the new management team(does INTERM GM Holmgren have the ok to do anything?) will make some changes and see what happens. After the first of the year, when the playoffs are out of reach, then and only then will stuff really start happening.

There might be one "get their attention" trade before that for a little new blood, but not a significant one. As those here have already said, its about moving Hatcher and Rathje and that $7m in cap space. Who do you suppose wants to take those players/contracts?? even if they had to give nothing to get them?

Thats the real question. They could trade a guy like Knuble all day, but at $1.5m he is the kind of player you want to keep.

The bottom line is this. The team can not compete with Hatcher and Rathje and with that in mind who would want to take them?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:51 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 0
Hatcher or Rathje

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:52 PM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver_2010 View Post

SedinFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Kesler Kills Kommies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Attack View Post
great contribution

Old
10-22-2006, 11:38 PM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
great contribution
Just like all your posts.

SedinFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 03:01 AM
Kesler Kills Kommies

you mean your posts? sure they are

Old
10-23-2006, 04:49 AM
Coffee and 7's*

Pitkanen for Lebda+Hudler+3rd

Coffee and 7's* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Not in a million years.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Mad Habber

I don't see a need to rebuild. Not at this point. They are eight games in. Most teams will go through a stretch throughout the season that will resemble the Flyers season start. The unfortunate thing here, is Philly is starting that way. This resembles greatly the way Montreal started a season over a decade ago, 0-4-0 and Serge Savars and Jacques Demers lost their jobs. Montreal still made the playoffs that year, though lost in the first round. Of course then Houle dismantled the team. But as long as the players Holmgren gets rid of is the actual deadwood, they will be in good shape. No way should they touch, Carter, Richards, Pitkanen, Niitimaki. That is a good base right there. I don't know about the contracts of guys like Hatcher, Ratjhe, Forsberg, Gauthier. I guess this is Forsberg last contract year. Gauthier was just signed this past summer, so you're stuck with him, as for the other two, I don't know and am too lazy to look.

There is a good base there, with the youngsters. You just may have to endure some growing pains before reaping the benefits. It's just too bad, all those good teams of the past and there was never a decent goalie to bring you all the way.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
I was going to say no but the 2nd rounder really evens things out.

Dr Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pot View Post
Pitkanen for Lebda+Hudler+3rd
Why would Flyers do this?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Flyersguru

"Hi, I'm Earth, have we met before?"

"No I don't think so."

I swear HFBoards are full of unknowledgeable hockey fans. Rebuild? After 8 games? More like your on crack. First off, this team is only get better then it will get worse. Secondly, Forsberg, WILL NOT be traded. In fact, I would be shocked if Peter is resigned sooner rather then later to help build foundation to this team. Peter is on record saying he loves Philly and wants to play many more years here, hence why he got surgery in the offseason. The Flyers are way under the cap with Primeau money and now with Nedved in the AHL. They will be major players in the trade market with money to spend. Writing them off is foolish on anyone's part. Changes will be coming so please, stop the Forsberg, or Gagne, or insert Flyers star player name here because it's not going to happen. Learn the game, and learn the business people. They will be flying high again.

Flyersguru is offline   Reply With Quote