HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Poti for ???

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2003, 09:20 PM
Weeble

vCash: 500
Poti for ???

Alright...I'm fed up with Tom Poti (5 points in 16 games). I need to decide who to pick up. So the question is...who do I take? The league is one year and it counts goals and assists. Here are the notables available:

Scott Stevens, Vladimir Malakhov, and Frantisek Kaberle. Joni Pitkanen is also available, but he's faltered as of late, not to mention being on a defensive-minded team. Any help is great appreciated. Thanks!

Old
11-23-2003, 09:20 AM
Big Bill

Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeble
Alright...I'm fed up with Tom Poti (5 points in 16 games). I need to decide who to pick up. So the question is...who do I take? The league is one year and it counts goals and assists. Here are the notables available:

Scott Stevens, Vladimir Malakhov, and Frantisek Kaberle. Joni Pitkanen is also available, but he's faltered as of late, not to mention being on a defensive-minded team. Any help is great appreciated. Thanks!

Out of those four available I would take Pitkanen. He gets pp time on a talented Philly team. Malkhov is awful, the Rangers are awful. Kaberle and Stevens are ho-hum pt wise

Old
11-23-2003, 11:25 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill
Out of those four available I would take Pitkanen. He gets pp time on a talented Philly team. Malkhov is awful, the Rangers are awful. Kaberle and Stevens are ho-hum pt wise
I agree, out of those 4 I`d take Pitkanen aswell but in a 1 year league I`d be looking at someone with alittle more experience and some good consistency. Pitkanen is going to be a great player but who knows if his point production will continue. Even Bouwmeester only put up 14 pts his rookie season. (florida isn`t Philly but you never know)

Old
11-23-2003, 11:43 AM
Weeble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse
I agree, out of those 4 I`d take Pitkanen aswell but in a 1 year league I`d be looking at someone with alittle more experience and some good consistency. Pitkanen is going to be a great player but who knows if his point production will continue. Even Bouwmeester only put up 14 pts his rookie season. (florida isn`t Philly but you never know)
So, in your opinion, do I take Pitkanen or not? You kinda contradicted yourself there

Anybody else with an opinion?! PLEASE?!

Old
11-23-2003, 11:45 AM
Plan 9

I'd pick up Kaberle until he cools off.

Old
11-23-2003, 01:27 PM
Weeble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov71
I'd pick up Kaberle until he cools off.
Sadly, Kaberle was just acquired by someone else. Thus, it leaves me to choose between Stevens, Malakhov, and Pitkanen. Also available (but less liked by myself) are Kubina, Stuart, and Van Ryn. I have to decide by midnight so any more help would be MUCH appreciated!

Old
11-23-2003, 05:13 PM
Robert Paulson*

Pick up Pitkanen or Kaberle.

Old
11-23-2003, 05:48 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Pitkanen

Pitkanen

Pitkanen

Pitkanen

Pitkanen

Pitkanen

Pitkanen

Pitkanen

Old
11-23-2003, 05:48 PM
Weeble

Anyone else, before I make my final decision? I would love to hear one or two more opinions if possible...

Old
11-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeble
So, in your opinion, do I take Pitkanen or not? You kinda contradicted yourself there

Anybody else with an opinion?! PLEASE?!
Out of the 4 defenceman you named yes I`d take Pitkanen.

It`s hard to believe that those are the best 4 defenceman left in your league though. That`s what I meant.

Old
11-23-2003, 06:10 PM
Weeble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Out of the 4 defenceman you named yes I`d take Pitkanen.

It`s hard to believe that those are the best 4 defenceman left in your league though. That`s what I meant.

Yeah...in terms of one year leagues, that's the best I've got. Sad, I know. The rest are overachievers moreso than the guys I listed.

Closed Thread