HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ducks/Capitals Kings/Leafs proposals

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2003, 11:58 AM
wasting time

vCash: 500
From a Leafs perspective Kanko and Modry for Kaberle is not bad at all. However, I am not sure of what Modry's salary situation is. Kaberle is restricted this year making $2.75. So LA would retain his rights for next year and probably get him for around $3 million a year I would guess.

Whereas, I think Modry is $950,000 and a UFA.

Modry is definately a downgrade of Kaberle by quite a bit. So, it certainly is not a direction the Leafs would want to take given their cureent state of defense.

So, although Kanko would be nice, and the Leafs need some talented winger prospects for sure, I still think the price on Kaberle would be slightly higher.

You would either have to toss in a better D, a better prospect or a 2nd pick, I would think .

Old
11-23-2003, 12:14 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

The first Ducks one is something that would benefit both organizations, especially the Ducks.

Lang could fit in on the first line with Feds. I'm sure he can go wing. If not, Fedorov probably can.

Gonchar would create a bit of a problem, but a good one at that. Gonchar and Ozo are the two best purely offensive blueliners in the league. Put Carney with one of them, Simpson or some other defensive blueliner(trade or signing) with the other, and the Ducks d is as solid as any.

The second deal in my opinion looks worse from a Caps POV. Zubrus isn't highly paid and is pretty decent. He's young too. Lang may be their leading scorer, but he's still paid $5 million for quite a while, and that helps the Caps out. Chistov's also going to Washington, something good for them, instead of Havelid in the second deal.. Chistov, Smirnov and Vish is alot of youth to give up, but for Gonchar and Lang, I think it's worth it.

As for salary for the Ducks, I think Disney will be off just fine. They got the money, so they can pay the salary.

Old
11-23-2003, 01:21 PM
wingnut 8

vCash:
I think that nearly the whole league could use upgrades on defense due to the amount of injuries. I think that the Washington and Anaheim trades have some potential.

to Anaheim-Lang and Gonchar

to Washington- Lupol and Chistov

Washington gets a big headstart on their rebuilding process and cuts like 6 million or more in salary.

Anaheim basically makes the push to put them over the top of LA (if they do nothing and Allison does not come back) and Dallas barring the stars dont get their shiiit together! They become maybe the second favorite out of the West other than Vancouver. If Zetts can get back soon Detroit is not far off.

to LA-Hamrlik

to NYI-Modry, Grebeshkov, and a 3rd rounder

The Isles get a UFA for a UFA. Difference is Modry will resign cheaper and Grebeshkov is a future #2 D-man. The third rounder is too offset for what they would of got as a compensary pick for Hamrlik.

The Kings get solid on the blueline and show there fans they are commited to contending with this group as well as building for the future.

These moves wil most definately get flamed but man it would make the West fun to watch. I would then rank the teams accordingly.

1.) Vancouver
2.) Anaheim
3.) Detroit
4.) Colorado
5.) LA
6.) St. Louis
7.) Dallas
8.) Edmonton

Old
11-23-2003, 04:29 PM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut 8
I think that nearly the whole league could use upgrades on defense due to the amount of injuries. I think that the Washington and Anaheim trades have some potential.

Washington gets a big headstart on their rebuilding process and cuts like 6 million or more in salary.

Anaheim basically makes the push to put them over the top of LA (if they do nothing and Allison does not come back) and Dallas barring the stars dont get their shiiit together! They become maybe the second favorite out of the West other than Vancouver. If Zetts can get back soon Detroit is not far off.

to LA-Hamrlik

to NYI-Modry, Grebeshkov, and a 3rd rounder

The Isles get a UFA for a UFA. Difference is Modry will resign cheaper and Grebeshkov is a future #2 D-man. The third rounder is too offset for what they would of got as a compensary pick for Hamrlik.

The Kings get solid on the blueline and show there fans they are commited to contending with this group as well as building for the future.

These moves wil most definately get flamed but man it would make the West fun to watch. I would then rank the teams accordingly.

1.) Vancouver
2.) Anaheim
3.) Detroit
4.) Colorado
5.) LA
6.) St. Louis
7.) Dallas
8.) Edmonton
I disagree with the Kings trade and ranking.....The Leafs will win the cup before LA trades the best D-man they drafted since Blake for a guy who's going to be an UFA soon. There'd be a fan revolt if Grebs got traded like that. It's trades like that which got the Kings in trouble after the 93 season.....the value isn't even close to fair. Modry is expendible(because of Visnovsky), the 3rd rounder we can part with......The kings wouldn't even do Grebs straight up for Hamrlik(UFA), maybe if he had 3 season left on the contract(not 1/2).....the Ducks have a ways to go before they pass LA and they better Hurry cuz when we start getting players back(Allison,Stumpel,Deadmarsh,Armstrong), the Kings will only get better.

Modry and a 3rd is the most I'd give for Hamrlik......The Isles save alot of coin in this deal, LA's defense is one of the top in the league for points, and Hamrlik isn't playing alot better than Modry right now to warrent anything extra then a 3rd.

Old
11-23-2003, 04:49 PM
agentfouser

vCash:
salary problems or not, i think that washington management would have to be high to let arguably their two best players this year go for prospects and vishnevski. the ducks, or anyone else, would have to shell out WAY more than that to get those two. and even if caps management decided to ship both of them out for picks and prospects and start the rebuilding process, they would be best served by waiting another two months and dealing them to a team that is desperate.

Old
11-23-2003, 06:05 PM
punchy1

Exactly right MOOOSE. That is waaaaaaaaay to steeeeeeeeep a price to pay. I like the Hammer but not at that price. Not even if the Isles signed him to a decent salary long term deal.

I like your pitch of Modry and a 3rd considering Hamerlik is a pending ufa. We swap ufa's and get first shot at Hamerlik. We could use him but, it wouldn't be a deal based on need so much so there is no real panic to do it. If it were me as DT I would offer Modry and Zizka for Hammer and a 4rth and if it flew then peaches but if not, ta da.

Old
11-23-2003, 06:31 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut 8

Not a chance. If the Ducks are to trade Lupul AND Chistov, it's going to be for more than that. Chistov is about worth Gonchar, mainly because he's an RFA to be and the Caps are cutting salary, while Lupul is worth alot more than Lang. Vishnevski and Smirnov is about right for Lang.

But, I think what would sway Cap-Duck trades would be Anaheim putting in a few more d-men. Havelid and Vishnevski is definetely worth Gonchar(for the same reasons mentioned as above, as well as the fact they need a couple of d-men). To grab Lang, it could take Smirnov and a good pick too. Maybe Ward, to help them with their d problem. How does this look:

To Washington:
Niclas Havelid
Vitali Vishnevski
Alexei Smirnov
Lance Ward
3rd/4th round pick

To Anaheim:
Sergei Gonchar
Robert Lang

How do you think that works out?

Old
11-23-2003, 07:04 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggyIsTheNextRoy
Kings/Leafs

To Kings:
Gary Roberts
Tomas Kaberle

To Leafs:
Roman Cechmanek
Jaraslav Modry
Joe Corvo
How did you get that trade idea? By randomly throwing hockey cards into piles? It's funny though. Even though LA gets better players, both teams still manage to lose the trade.

Closed Thread