HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hatcher and Rathje

Old
11-02-2006, 04:14 PM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0flyers View Post
With Hatcher and Rathje - it's not like either of them are bad d'men in terms of awareness, they are just slow. I don't understand why the coaching staff doesn't take the two of them aside and focus on skating and nothing else for a few weeks.
that's not true (with hatcher)

he's awful with the puck. He makes stupid decisions and turns over the puck like a rookie. Yes, he gets beat because of his lack of speed but i could live with that if he was competant with the biscuit

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0flyers View Post
I like Gauthier. He makes mistakes, but he has moments that remind me why I love watching hockey, which is more than I can say for most of the Flyers team so far this year.

With Hatcher and Rathje - it's not like either of them are bad d'men in terms of awareness, they are just slow. I don't understand why the coaching staff doesn't take the two of them aside and focus on skating and nothing else for a few weeks.
You can not just teach someone to skate all over again, not at that age. I was hoping Hatcher would loose a lot of weight to bring him self down to 220lbs and he only lost 10. which means he is still at 230-235.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 05:40 PM
mikedifr

Was Baumgartner really that bad?? I see him being a more then competent 6 dman on the third paring with gauthier. He happens to be the only dman on the team that is not a minus either.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 12:01 AM
panayiotis

gauthier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288 View Post
Gauthier is certainly not useless and could play on any defense in the NHL, he's a quality physical defenseman that brings an element that most in the NHL do not.

Rathje also hasn't been nearly as bad as Hatcher. I hate how people lump those two together and act as if they're the same player, they're not. Rathje's mobility really isn't that bad, he's steady, he moves the puck OK, he's certainly not a liability, in fact he's an exceptable top 4 on almost any team in the NHL. When you look at what guys got last summer, his 3.5 mil really isn't bad (in fact, I'd take him over Willie Mitchell).

You have to waive Hatcher though. Cut your losses, eat the salary. The payroll used to be 65 mil and even with guys like Hatcher and Nedved in the minors, it's still well under 50 mil.
if the team waives him nobody will pick him up. He makes far too much money for what he brings to the table. This type of d-man can not play in the new nhl. He is a liability out there. He takes too many pms. He gets beat to often. Seems to be out of position always.

panayiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Was Baumgartner really that bad?? I see him being a more then competent 6 dman on the third paring with gauthier. He happens to be the only dman on the team that is not a minus either.
Yeah but we have problems with 1st and 2nd parings too.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:42 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis View Post
if the team waives him nobody will pick him up. He makes far too much money for what he brings to the table. This type of d-man can not play in the new nhl. He is a liability out there. He takes too many pms. He gets beat to often. Seems to be out of position always.
have you watched him this season? theres no reason to waive him. hes been solid and i dont think ive seen him in the box much, if at all.

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote