Daniel Briere's Comment About The Bruins

Old
10-23-2006, 04:36 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

vCash: 500
Daniel Briere's Comment About The Bruins

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...9-5b752a1a17fe

"We had some luck in the first four games and we've played well in the last four," Briere said. "And we've beat some good teams. We played Carolina twice, we played Detroit. I think Boston is the only team we played that's not going to make the playoffs.

13Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 04:40 PM
FutureConsiderations

Paging Messrs. Brookbank and Chara...

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 04:43 PM
BruinAddict

Even if we don't make the playoffs, Briere is still going to be ugly.

BruinAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 04:43 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

oh man, this isn't going to be pretty.

*puts flame-retardant suit on*

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Don Cherry*

After what he saw the other night I don't see why he would say otherwise.

I'm also sure that he knows that we have a coach who won't see fit to retaliate in any way so why should he worry? Brookbank will be scratched again as soon as Mowers comes back so he's not an issue. I'm not sure when they play Buffalo again so we can only hope that Chara develops a pulse by then, but I'm not holding my breath.

Don Cherry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Colt.45Orr

I don't know how people can claim he was misquoted... it seems pretty straight-forward to me.

Hopefully Mark Stuart comes back and knocks him into IR.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 04:47 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry View Post
Totally agreed. He's not far off the mark from what we all have seen thusfar.

doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 04:48 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoSturm16 View Post
http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...9-5b752a1a17fe

"We had some luck in the first four games and we've played well in the last four," Briere said. "And we've beat some good teams. We played Carolina twice, we played Detroit. I think Boston is the only team we played that's not going to make the playoffs.
Apparently, Briere forgot about Philly?

Never liked the guy much to begin with. Liked him even less after that play with Leetch last year. I have no respect for a gutless punk who has to feign injury all the time, especially considering how talented he is.

Was Briere talking much when he was underachieving in Phoenix?

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 04:49 PM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry View Post

I'm also sure that he knows that we have a coach who won't see fit to retaliate in any way so why should he worry? Brookbank will be scratched again as soon as Mowers comes back so he's not an issue. I'm not sure when they play Buffalo again so we can only hope that Chara develops a pulse by then, but I'm not holding my breath.
DC...I really wish you would...hold your breath, I mean.

Old
10-23-2006, 04:53 PM
chippa13*

How dare Briere speak the truth? The nerve of that guy to suggest the B's might not make the playoffs.

chippa13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 05:00 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
As much as I don't like Briere and his diving antics, he's not wrong as of right now, he just forgot about Philly. We aren't gonna make the playoffs if we keep playing the way we are, so hopefully this comment finds its way into the room like the St. Louis one did. I just hope this one does more to light a fire. Also, DC, we play Buffalo again on the 4th of November I believe, also at home. They come in twice on this homestand in three weeks.

BigBadBruin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Bruins Chica
A dream come true

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippa13 View Post
How dare Briere speak the truth? The nerve of that guy to suggest the B's might not make the playoffs.

He didn't say might....he said WON'T. And it's just the point that it's 7 games into the season. What a joke that he, or anyone else, would KNOW that the Bruins aren't making the playoffs after 7 games. Things happen fast in the NHL. Players get injured. Losing streaks happen. Mr. Briere's cockiness (IF he wan't misquoted) might bite him in the butt if Buffalo's season takes a turn for the worse. People should stick to talking about their own teams...just so they don't look like idiots when things turn. Makes me love this guy even more then I did when he accidentally kicked Timmy's mask off last season.

Bruins Chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 05:02 PM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
I don't have a big problem with Briere's comments about the B's per say...I already disliked him, and I dislike it when players comment on teams other than their own.

I look at it like Brady did last year when Schottenheimer made those comments about the Pats. The comments themselves were not that bad, Brady just questioned why Marty even felt the need to say something?

Same for Briere. Just worry about the Sabres and what they are doing.

Old
10-23-2006, 05:02 PM
chippa13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondRowRob View Post
He didn't say might....he said WON'T. And it's just the point that it's 7 games into the season. What a joke that he, or anyone else, would KNOW that the Bruins aren't making the playoffs after 7 games. Things happen fast in the NHL. Players get injured. Losing streaks happen. Mr. Briere's cockiness (IF he wan't misquoted) might bite him in the butt if Buffalo's season takes a turn for the worse. People should stick to talking about their own teams...just so they don't look like idiots when things turn. Makes me love this guy even more then I did when he accidentally kicked Timmy's mask off last season.
Considering I predicted the B's would at best battle for the 8th spot, I'd say Briere's analysis was right on. Do I like the guy? No, I can't stand how he gets away with running goalies all the time but that doesn't make his comments less true.

Old
10-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Boston Bruno

Quote:
Someone must have put some Sodium Pentathol into his gatorade..

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 05:04 PM
thrillonomicist

I know that each person on HF is entitled to their opinion, but none of us actually go out and play the Bruins. Briere does, so in my eyes, his comments come off as poor sportmanship more than anything . He got his win on Saturday, and that should be enough. It's not Briere's job to predict who's going to make the playoffs or not, it's his job to try and make them. Now it's the Bruins' job to prove him wrong.

thrillonomicist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 05:04 PM
jahbrations

Nothing to get upset about here. The bruins deserve all their criticiscm, let them answer it on the ice.

jahbrations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Takeo

I know you guys are digging for motivation, but Danny meant that Boston was the only team they've played thus far that didn't make the playoffs LAST season. It was a point made by local Buffalo media. It either came out wrong or he was misquoted. No disrespect intended, I'm sure.

Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 05:07 PM
chippa13*

How is it poor sportsmanship? If the B's don't like it, then play better.

Old
10-23-2006, 05:09 PM
KaptainKourage*

The little whinny diver is right, though.

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 05:13 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Regardless of whether or not it is a fact that Boston will not make the playoffs, players really should not be make these kinds of public statements. There are several reasons for that.

If a Bruins player were to say that about any other team, I'd be just as upset at them. It's gutless and disrespectful to put another team down like that when you're a player. Also, it could come back to haunt you big time in many different ways.

There may be truth to what Briere said, but really he could have made his point without throwingin that extra jab at Boston. 3 days ago, I liked Buffalo. I enjoyed watching them because of their skill and cohesive play together. After Saturday's game and comments like these, I think I'm almost ready to cheer for the Habs to beat the snot out of them tonight.

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 05:14 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
I know you guys are digging for motivation, but Danny meant that Boston was the only team they've played thus far that didn't make the playoffs LAST season. It was a point made by local Buffalo media. It either came out wrong or he was misquoted. No disrespect intended, I'm sure.
"Not going to make" and "Didn't make" are very hard to confuse IMO. I would hope you're right, but I'm skeptical to say the least.

BigBadBruin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Rancid McGoiter
Lieks Boxxy

Send a message via AIM to Rancid McGoiter
While I don't disagree, it's kinda lame. I'd be pissed if a Bruin said that about any team, ever. Imagine an age where a Buffalo Sabre can talk like this. I almost wish the team had folded when we had a chance to be rid of it. I'm not jealous, I just hate the arrogance.

As if I needed it, I have more confirmation that he's a little *****.

Rancid McGoiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chippa13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
Regardless of whether or not it is a fact that Boston will not make the playoffs, players really should not be make these kinds of public statements. There are several reasons for that.

If a Bruins player were to say that about any other team, I'd be just as upset at them. It's gutless and disrespectful to put another team down like that when you're a player. Also, it could come back to haunt you big time in many different ways.

There may be truth to what Briere said, but really he could have made his point without throwingin that extra jab at Boston. 3 days ago, I liked Buffalo. I enjoyed watching them because of their skill and cohesive play together. After Saturday's game and comments like these, I think I'm almost ready to cheer for the Habs to beat the snot out of them tonight.

Cry me a river.

Old
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by razors edge View Post
I know that each person on HF is entitled to their opinion, but none of us actually go out and play the Bruins. Briere does, so in my eyes, his comments come off as poor sportmanship more than anything . He got his win on Saturday, and that should be enough. It's not Briere's job to predict who's going to make the playoffs or not, it's his job to try and make them. Now it's the Bruins' job to prove him wrong.
100% agree. There are classy players, there are neutral players, and there are classless players. We all know what category Briere falls in.

All classless players get what's coming to them at somepoint in their career.

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote