HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I Summon All Fellow Hab Fans - You are needed here!

Old
10-24-2006, 12:39 AM
White Snake*

vCash: 500
Breire summed it up bset before the game when he said they have gotten the bounces. WEll the first goal sums it up. THe differnce tonight was goaltending. NOT to say Huet played horrible but Miller outplyaed him. I am proud that the habs actually brought the play to Buffalo. DId anyone else notice in the first that BUffalo looke dlike *****!!!!!!! THey were all standing around. THe first goal hurt. us because it gave them momentum. The second goal killed us. Stupud gveaway at the blueline.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 07:29 AM
Habs13

Boston? Pfftt....ain't nothin' but a chicken' wing.... a set of eight, actually, free at Cage au Sport during the 2nd period of the Bruins game!

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 08:28 AM
oop007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
I think the Habs and Sabres have similar teams but the Sabres are simply better. That's the bottom line, we lost to one of the best teams in the league, but we showed we're not totally outclassed by them. But what a team the Sabres have. 3 solid lines that can produce and an excellent energy/toughness line.

This makes me think that we've got a very good shot of making the playoffs. Early in the year I thought we'd be struggling 7-10ish, but I think 6th is not out of the question if we can play our game and get important points.
MTL will be 5-6 minimum I'd say man. Speed teams with small players = PP and we can kill most of the league in PP.

Kovalev
Koivu
Higgins
Ryder
Samsanov
Johnson
Souray
Dare I say... Bonk?

These guys can all put the puck in the net. I know bonk hasn't proven himself fully yet, but I somehow have a good feeling about him this season.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Darz

Although Buffalo beat us alst night, they by no means outplayed us by much, if at all. They got better goaltending, and capatialize on a couple more chances than the habs did. I would thnik if you looked at scoring chances last night they would be close....and I believe the habs had more shots.

Anyways, Buffalo, imo, is the best team in the league and in two meeting against them, I don't think we did too bad, and with a couple lucky bounces, we couple easily have 3 or 4 points agianst them, so.....

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

10-24-2006, 10:45 AM
LilWinger11

Go Habs Go! I know you can beat the Ruins!

Oh, and if you could run up the score enough to be able to afford a small fight or two in the third, that'd be cool

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 10:55 AM
miahl71

GO HABS!!!!!

miahl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 11:13 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
!!!!!!!!!!! OG SBAH OG

Old
10-24-2006, 11:19 AM
AD

Go Habs .... go?

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
I think the Habs and Sabres have similar teams but the Sabres are simply better. That's the bottom line, we lost to one of the best teams in the league, but we showed we're not totally outclassed by them. But what a team the Sabres have. 3 solid lines that can produce and an excellent energy/toughness line.

This makes me think that we've got a very good shot of making the playoffs. Early in the year I thought we'd be struggling 7-10ish, but I think 6th is not out of the question if we can play our game and get important points.

6th!

There aren't 5 teams better than us in the East!

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 06:56 PM
snowrunner*

habs will finish in 12th....thats were I had them....

snowrunner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 06:59 PM
snowrunner*

teams I think that are better than the habs...

Sabres, Hurricanes, Sens, Leafs, Thrashers, Pens, Devils, TB, Caps, Bruins, Rangers.

in the west the only team the habs are better than are Columbus and Coyetes..

sad but true...thats my prediction

snowrunner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 07:24 PM
madbox

I vant to OLE! Go Habs Go

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 11:30 PM
habs86

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to habs86 Send a message via Yahoo to habs86
GO HABS GO

The sabres area good team, we play them well. they even know we will have their number soon, no worries guys, our boys will pull through.

GO HABS GO

habs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 07:34 AM
Hockeymom67

I agree as well
Lets Go Beat Boston!!!

GO HABS GO!!!

Hockeymom67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Turbo

Go Go!!!!

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 09:17 AM
OpenIceHit

It's not every team who can come back from 3-0 deficit and win it 8-5. We have all it takes to beat any team in the league!!! We'll demolish Miller tonite!!!

GO HABS GO!!!

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 09:46 AM
rocketlives

I agree this board shouldn't be all gloom and doom everytime we lose a game, but excessive cheerleading and chest pounding isn't good either. I don't mind the nay-sayers when they bring good points and are constructive. So far this season, we won 4 games and we lost 4. Not that bad since two of our losses were in shoot-outs and gave us 2 points, but it's nothing to jump up and down about either.

The Habs next 2 games are against beatable teams (Boston and Toronto) and we need to win both games. Playing .500 and making the playoffs by a whisker shouldn't be the Habs' goal anymore. Go Habs Go!

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 09:50 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowrunner View Post
teams I think that are better than the habs...

Sabres, Hurricanes, Sens, Leafs, Thrashers, Pens, Devils, TB, Caps, Bruins, Rangers.

in the west the only team the habs are better than are Columbus and Coyetes..

sad but true...thats my prediction
I just wanted to thank you because I find your opinions very interesting, and think you help make the world a better place.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 09:52 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
I agree this board shouldn't be all gloom and doom everytime we lose a game, but excessive cheerleading and chest pounding isn't good either. I don't mind the nay-sayers when they bring good points and are constructive. So far this season, we won 4 games and we lost 4. Not that bad since two of our losses were in shoot-outs and gave us 2 points, but it's nothing to jump up and down about either.

The Habs next 2 games are against beatable teams (Boston and Toronto) and we need to win both games. Playing .500 and making the playoffs by a whisker shouldn't be the Habs' goal anymore. Go Habs Go!
That's how I see it. I see progress and that's a good thing. I don't see the need to make changes after every loss, nor do I want to build a shrine after every win.

go habs go

Last edited by mcphee: 10-26-2006 at 09:54 AM. Reason: forgot
mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:08 AM
oop007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowrunner View Post
habs will finish in 12th....thats were I had them....
Not trying to sound biased but, The habs are pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot this season. I'm pretty sure actually that they'll be above 6th. You don't have guys like:

Ryder/Koivu/Higgins/Kovalev/Samsanov/Ninimaa/Souray/Markov

On your team, and lose.

There are teams out there that are going to make the playoffs having much worse then MTL and I think Abeischer might have his best season yet. So please... don't make me laugh with your 12th place. The TSN guys said MTL would be 12th and TO 11th. We all know that it's almost impossible that the habs would be below 9th. But I seriously doubt anything lower then 8.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 01:30 AM
LesHabsRock

Well, not the pounding I wanted our Habs to dish out to the B's, but, nonetheless a victory.

Higgins and Ryder score again (Higgins also a 3 point night to boot). I like the chances and the offensive zone posession shown by the Bonk, Johnson, Perezhogin line. Second line is strange. Eventually we'll need scoring from other lines. Right now, it's working. Let's milk it.

I don't want to see a close game against the Leafs. I want our team to show they can smell blood (Oh yes, there will be blood) and put the Leafy's away early.

Leafs are next. It's Autumn and let the Leafs fall where they may folks.

Let's rip em to shreds.

Ready...All hands in the middle !

Go Habs Go!

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:11 AM
habgab

Well, the team beat the Bruins tonight, but just barely and only because Huet kept them in the game. They have to play better than that if they want to make a dent on the top teams. The Habs do not play consistently, take REALLY stupid and irresponsible penalties and rarely take control of a game on the scoreboard.

I am tired of all the penalties, particularly those hooking and slashing penalties. As I have said before, hooking and slashing are pretty simple concepts and are generally unnecessary. Instead of hooking the player who got around you, skate and catch up to him. Instead of slashing, take the body. Instead of taking penalties, and interrupting the flow of the game, play within the rules and win some games in the first or second period, not in the final seconds of the third or later.

habgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 03:48 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by habgab View Post
Well, the team beat the Bruins tonight, but just barely and only because Huet kept them in the game. They have to play better than that if they want to make a dent on the top teams. The Habs do not play consistently, take REALLY stupid and irresponsible penalties and rarely take control of a game on the scoreboard.

I am tired of all the penalties, particularly those hooking and slashing penalties. As I have said before, hooking and slashing are pretty simple concepts and are generally unnecessary. Instead of hooking the player who got around you, skate and catch up to him. Instead of slashing, take the body. Instead of taking penalties, and interrupting the flow of the game, play within the rules and win some games in the first or second period, not in the final seconds of the third or later.
With that being said....Let's spank the Leafs. I don't want a close game folks. I want a demolition. I want our Habs to win by at least 2 or 3 goals. Let's fly out of the gates and crush the maple leafs into oblivion.

All hands in the middle...Ready....GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO!

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote