HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Connolly gone long term

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2003, 05:33 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Connolly gone long term

From today's TBN : Concussed Connolly unlikely to play this season

Old
11-23-2003, 06:14 AM
rabi

that's ten more points for us right there!!!!!

Old
11-23-2003, 07:41 AM
Takeo

I could have told you this a month ago. Gotta feel for the kid. At least he can come back in 2005-06, after the lockout, with a clean slate.

Old
11-23-2003, 02:17 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
maybe it'll make when he does come back a fresh start, jeez you gotta feel sorry for him, 22 already gonna miss a season. shame.

rabi, your an *******, this kid can barely do anything, and your saying how pleased you are to have him OUT of the lineup, im disgusted :mad:

Old
11-23-2003, 02:49 PM
Kruschiki

Motor skill problems? I'd be surprised to see him play again.

Old
11-23-2003, 05:31 PM
rabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
maybe it'll make when he does come back a fresh start, jeez you gotta feel sorry for him, 22 already gonna miss a season. shame.

rabi, your an *******, this kid can barely do anything, and your saying how pleased you are to have him OUT of the lineup, im disgusted :mad:
See, the problem is you're in merry old England and can't see this idiot play hockey...or should I say *try* to play hockey...

My grandmothers can play better than him, and they're both six feet under!!!!

Old
11-24-2003, 02:02 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj@jj.com
Motor skill problems? I'd be surprised to see him play again.
I have a feeling Graham went a tad overboard here.

About 12 months ago people were saying that Afinogenov wouldn't play in 02-03 and he made it back onto the ice last season.

Concussions are injuries that are next to impossible to predict. Connolly's career could be over. Or, he could be back in the lineup before the New Year.

Not even his doctors can say for certain what will happen.

Old
11-24-2003, 03:34 AM
Devo-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi
See, the problem is you're in merry old England and can't see this idiot play hockey...or should I say *try* to play hockey...

My grandmothers can play better than him, and they're both six feet under!!!!
There have been a thousand threads on Connolly's regressive play, and you pick the one which details a possible career-ending injury and severe medical problem to pick on the kid. Poor taste.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:20 AM
dittoheadd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo-2
There have been a thousand threads on Connolly's regressive play, and you pick the one which details a possible career-ending injury and severe medical problem to pick on the kid. Poor taste.
I doubt that Rabi actually wishes harm on the kid. I would bet that in his frustration w/ Connolly's performance and lack of consistent effort on the ice, he is merely advocating (albeit in a very strong manner) that the Sabres cut their losses w/ Connolly for the year (or permanently) and make a move to shore up his spot in the line up.... Also, I wonder what the cause of the loss of fine motor skills is from. From previous reports it appeared that Connolly was set to return to the once the headaches subsided for the 1 week time period. I wonder if the flight out west had a severe negative impact on Timmah... I have to agree w/ JJ that Graham is overstating Tim's injury case, more than likely to make a point that this is a serious injury.

I hope this spurs the front office to make a move to go get a forward. I know that $$$$$ is an issue, perhaps BTG can open up the wallet for an addl 1 million and move a couple contracts out of here. You know, killing 2 birds w/ one stone.. Hey JB or Chain: with Connolly on IR, who is paying his contract? is this an insurance thing or is he on the team's payroll??

Old
11-24-2003, 10:27 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Hey JB or Chain: with Connolly on IR, who is paying his contract? is this an insurance thing or is he on the team's payroll??
Insurance coverage in a case like this has become commonplace throughout the league. There are likely variances, so I wouldn't say for sure that the Sabres are covered in this instance, but I'd guess that at least a portion of his salary is covered by insurance.

And since he has never had an injury history and he doesn't make a huge salary, it's likely that it was pretty easy to get him covered.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:33 AM
dittoheadd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob
Insurance coverage in a case like this has become commonplace throughout the league. There are likely variances, so I wouldn't say for sure that the Sabres are covered in this instance, but I'd guess that at least a portion of his salary is covered by insurance.

And since he has never had an injury history and he doesn't make a huge salary, it's likely that it was pretty easy to get him covered.

Thanks JB thats kinda what I thought. Tough luck for Timmah, I still dont feel bad about ragging on him about his play.. I kinda feel bad about all the deer in the headlight comments I have made about him in the past... Wait, no, I dont, the kid always had a lost look to him, or I just farted and no one knows its me look.. I hope he gets better and perhaps, he will re-focus his energies into tapping into his vast talent potential.. One of my fav NFLer has serious concussion prbs, and ended a career that was bound for canton (Al Toon)

Old
11-24-2003, 01:07 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo-2
exactly my point.

im not saying his a vital player, but his still young, and this is a shame AS ANOTHER HUMAN BEING!

Old
11-24-2003, 01:27 PM
dittoheadd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob

Kelley stated (on nsa) that if he is lost for the year the Sabres get back 80% of his contract. His coming back earlier was not addressed.

Old
11-25-2003, 01:42 PM
smsgtkvv

But if, and when, Tim Connolly returns, he still owes the NHL two regular season games of suspension time. He was suspended for 4 games on April 3, 2003 and sat out two games at the end of last year's season and the other two carried forward to this season.

Old
11-25-2003, 02:32 PM
Sabot55

vCash:
I think that the time off may actually help Connolly. Not to say that I am happy in any way with his injury. I am not. But, if one good thing may come of this, it might just be the time he has time to sit back, watch the game, and get himself ready to play; which might be just what he needs.

Old
11-25-2003, 04:35 PM
ajsonor

I seem to remember that the Sabres were reimbursed for 80% of Pat Lafontaines salary back in the day when he was injured. As for Rabi, I hope he's just having a bad day, because its hard not to feel bad for Tim Connolly the person, if not TC the hockey player.

Closed Thread