HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Missing Jed Ortmeyer

Old
10-24-2006, 12:30 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Missing Jed Ortmeyer

How reassuring it will be to have him back in the line up. Heart, Grit and Tenacity

Not a sexy goalscorer but a player that always gives 100% at both ends of the ice

It's his very qualities this team could use all around.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 12:44 PM
UAGoalieGuy

When is he suppose to be able to get off the IR?

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Speedtrials

He will definintly improve our PK. Hopefully he will be reunited with Hollweg, and maybe slide Betts down there, and I think that would be a great 4th line. Then with the open spot, maybe Jarko, or Dubinksy will be ready for it, during the middle of the season.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtrials View Post
He will definintly improve our PK. Hopefully he will be reunited with Hollweg, and maybe slide Betts down there, and I think that would be a great 4th line. Then with the open spot, maybe Jarko, or Dubinksy will be ready for it, during the middle of the season.
with what open slot? if we have 12 F currently on the playing roster, then adding Ortmeyer back in. how can we also then add Dubi or Immo?

12 + 1 = 11 ???

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Your team is in a sad state if you need a 4th liner with no hands come back and rescue your lineup lol. The only thing he would improve is our PK.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Fletch

Is the PK really that bad?

Personally, I think it's too early to tell. The forwards seem to be getting their job done. Henrik hasn't been the Henrik of last season, and the defense hasn't been clearing the front of the net, or at least defending the front. If you look at their stats, they are #20 in the league. They had one bad game on the PK in which they were 5-9. The kill's been mostly good otherwise. I think we need to see the next 5-10 games to really get a feel because in the early going if you have one bad game (i.e., give up 4 goals), then the average falls apart.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 01:25 PM
AXN

Quote:
C'mon, Hollweg Betss Ortmeyer will never happen. It just won't. No matter how good or great it sounds. Betts will play anywhere but with Hollweg and Ortmeyer.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 01:26 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Your team is in a sad state if you need a 4th liner with no hands come back and rescue your lineup lol. The only thing he would improve is our PK.
I'm with you. Things are so simplified, we won with Rucinsky, Sykora and Ortmeyer, we are losing with out them, therefore they are the difference.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Fletch

Why is that, AXN?

that is exactly where Betts should be playing, but was wondering why you think he will never play there.

Old
10-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Speedtrials

I don't think Ortmeyer is going to drastically change how well the Rangers play, but I think he would be a nice player to have back on this team. And I like Betts, but he has no business on the 2nd line, and he really isn't a 3rd line center either. He has a decent wrist shot, and is solid on faceoff's, but doesn't really create any offense out there. It is hard to say who should sit when Ortmeyer comes back, only 8 games in, hopefully in another week or two our lines should be set.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 01:57 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
cough intangibles cough

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 03:04 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

cough mojo cough

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I think he is just that sparkplug on the team who knows his role is to go out and bust his A every shift. I think that spirit is missing with some of the players that are getting ice time now. That "lunch pail" ethic seems to be whats missing from this group of guys and last seasons group. I think the Rangers have better players but the work ethic isnt there yet. When that gets instilled in everyone then this team will be much improved. I dont think Ortmeyer is needed but a guy like him embodies the hard work attitude towards hockey, and thats whats needed. I definitly think his spirit will help this team when he gets back in the line up.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 03:09 PM
94now

Quote:
I don't think Ortmeyer is going to drastically change how well the Rangers play, but I think he would be a nice player to have back on this team. And I like Betts, but he has no business on the 2nd line, and he really isn't a 3rd line center either. He has a decent wrist shot, and is solid on faceoff's, but doesn't really create any offense out there. It is hard to say who should sit when Ortmeyer comes back, only 8 games in, hopefully in another week or two our lines should be set.
Betts is now our only two way centre. Cullen is LW. Ortmeyer will not return the way he was. Last year Ortmeyer would change this team dramatically.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 03:20 PM
eco's bones

To be honest with you he's definitely not a great player but we miss his energy and enthusiasm.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

I think he'll bring passion and enthusiasm but I don't think he prevents the stupid penalties, defensive lapses by the defenseman and other problems that are hurting this team.

It'll be nice to see him but I don't think he's going to have an organization changing impact that some are hoping for.

Don't really think anything changes or the results differ that much. If this team is going to improve it will have to fix its mistakes and the results with or without Ortmeyer are going to be the same.

Of course I can easily see him coming back as the team rights the ship and the Ortmeyer worshippers make a connection.....that'll be fun to read.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 03:52 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I think he'll bring passion and enthusiasm but I don't think he prevents the stupid penalties, defensive lapses by the defenseman and other problems that are hurting this team.

It'll be nice to see him but I don't think he's going to have an organization changing impact that some are hoping for.

Don't really think anything changes or the results differ that much. If this team is going to improve it will have to fix its mistakes and the results with or without Ortmeyer are going to be the same.

Of course I can easily see him coming back as the team rights the ship and the Ortmeyer worshippers make a connection.....that'll be fun to read.
Seems like that happens way too often

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Ola

Orts don't have any scoring touch, but its not like he handles the puck like a handgranade. He makes safe headsup passes.

We dress 12 forwards every game. Considering where this teams balance is, I think we could do perfectly well with two players who don't ship in on offense, if they are great in other areas. Orts certainly is that.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 04:36 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
cough intangibles cough

Where were all the intangibles the last 15 games of last year and the playoffs? That's something many Rangers fans don't understand. Talent with intangibles matters in big games vs. the best teams. You don't go far when you have 5 or 6 guys who get 10 points or less a year because they kill penalties. Our PK stunk at the end of last year also because our goalie wasn't hot.

dumpsathernow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 05:09 PM
shoothepuck

Besides being a spark, his greatest asset is his shot blocking ability, and that is where he can help on the PK, which has not been bad so far.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Fletch

What Ortmeyer does...

is he keeps the puck in the offensive zone, so at a minimum, he's providing decent defense. Of course the objective is to score more than be scored upon, and even with his few goals, last season with Moore, they were able to accomplish that. This year's fourth line hasn't generated a goal at even strength (I believe Ward's scored two, one on the PK, and one while not with his fourth line linemates). That's not the problem with the team, but it is a problem. This fourth line hasn't been as successful on the cycle either, which while it often doesn't generate much, it's always a nice shift right before Jagr comes on. But that may have to do with new linemates and new roles/positions (Hollweg, while familiar at center, played wing last season; the right wing was Ward, now Hall, and at one time Orr). Still, only 8 games in - it's too early to judge.

Old
10-24-2006, 07:44 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Was tied for team playoff goal scoring i believe

I miss Orts

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 07:49 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Let's not conflate the team's poor start with Ortmeyer's absence. Ortmeyer is a nice inexpensive energy player, not someone who can turn around a whole team. His return, more likely then not, would just end up sending Dawes to the minors since Hossa seems to be untouchable. That's not something I look forward to.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 01:48 PM
HoustonHockeyNut

I'm confused. For some reason, I was under the impression that Orts was done. Is he coming back this season?

HoustonHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 01:59 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
Was tied for team playoff goal scoring i believe

I miss Orts

Yeah, the Rangers scored how many goals in that series? While we're at it, where's the "missing Jason Strudwick party." he, too, gave his all, unfortunately that meant a player who shouldn't be in the everyday lineup type of result. But, hey, the Rangers made the playoffs while he was here, so there's your answer.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote