HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Last Nights MSG Broadcast

Old
11-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Cartman27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Last Nights MSG Broadcast

So whenever I go to a game, I like to watch the replay the next day or at night to see various things i missed, how the crowd sounded etc etc. I thought Bob Wicshusen did an excellent job, worlds better than Mike Crispino. Hopefully when football season is over (Hes the play by play man for the Jets) he can replace Crispino as Sam Rosens backup, and maybe even be in line to replace Sam when that time comes. Another thing is that at the game last night the crowd loud and very into the game. On MSG you could barely hear the crowd do anything. Anyone know why this is, and also id like to hear everyone elses opinion on the job Bob W. did.

Lets Go Rangers!!!

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Fletch

He was much better than Crispino...

pronounced the names correctly and called out the right names. Seemed to know a bit about hockey too.

I still haven't become a huge fan of Joe Mich. Just isn't doing it for me just yet.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
So whenever I go to a game, I like to watch the replay the next day or at night to see various things i missed, how the crowd sounded etc etc. I thought Bob Wicshusen did an excellent job, worlds better than Mike Crispino. Hopefully when football season is over (Hes the play by play man for the Jets) he can replace Crispino as Sam Rosens backup, and maybe even be in line to replace Sam when that time comes. Another thing is that at the game last night the crowd loud and very into the game. On MSG you could barely hear the crowd do anything. Anyone know why this is, and also id like to hear everyone elses opinion on the job Bob W. did.

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Agreed, I always liked his radio play by play, wouldn't mind him taking over for Sam at all.

As far as hearing the crowd, i'm a deaf musician, so if I can hear them at all i'm happy

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I still haven't become a huge fan of Joe Mich. Just isn't doing it for me just yet.
i dont think anyones gotten used to him or really likes him as of yet

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:09 PM
in the hall

love him doing the jets, didn't love him yesterday..

he's articulate and pronounces the names right and his enthusiasm is there but he tries too hard to be unique with his calls and i notice that, and it bugs me

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:11 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
pronounced the names correctly and called out the right names. Seemed to know a bit about hockey too.

eh i am not a huge fan of joe either but i don't have any real complaints, he's doing alright in my opinion

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Balej20*

Quote:

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Hockey does a terrible job with this when they produce hockey games on TV. For whatever reason, they completely muffle the crowd noise, and it makes it sound like the game is totally boring. If they would let the crowd noise carry over the TV, I bet you people would feel the game is more intense.

There should be more crowd and less skate/puck noises from the ice. That gets annoying after a while.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:27 PM
xfactor22

Quote:
On MSG you could barely hear the crowd do anything. Anyone know why this is
The reason the Garden doesn't sound as loud as it used to sound years ago on MSG Net is because of the FCC. Stricter broadcast regulations has forced networks to tune down the crowd volume on broadcasts. A loud chant of "a**hole" directed at an official can get the network fined if it is easily heard over the air. So blame the FCC. I really miss the excitement of the roaring Garden crowd coming in to my living room.

xfactor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

My one criticism of Bob is anytime someone comes into the offensive zone they always have a "head full of steam". I dont know, but things like that get on my nerves. I know its stupid but, other than that I have no objections to hearing him. He is worlds better than Crispino and is very articulate. When Sam "hangs it up" I wouldnt mind hearing Bob nightly.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor22 View Post
The reason the Garden doesn't sound as loud as it used to sound years ago on MSG Net is because of the FCC. Stricter broadcast regulations has forced networks to tune down the crowd volume on broadcasts. A loud chant of "a**hole" directed at an official can get the network fined if it is easily heard over the air. So blame the FCC. I really miss the excitement of the roaring Garden crowd coming in to my living room.
Darn FCC ruins everything!!!!

Old
11-06-2006, 05:34 PM
score77

Send a message via AIM to score77
I hated Joe Micheletti last night. He doesn't pick up the little things like J.D. used to. And at the start of the 2nd when they both were going on and on about Shanahan not being out there i was screaming at the tv the whole time saying he was in the box. You could even see him standing in the box on a couple of the shots while they were saying he wasn't out of the locker room. But Bob W. did do a good job and was heads above Crispiano.

score77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by score77 View Post
I hated Joe Micheletti last night. He doesn't pick up the little things like J.D. used to. And at the start of the 2nd when they both were going on and on about Shanahan not being out there i was screaming at the tv the whole time saying he was in the box. You could even see him standing in the box on a couple of the shots while they were saying he wasn't out of the locker room. But Bob W. did do a good job and was heads above Crispiano.
HAHAHA I forgot about that, that was anoying also, but i'm willing to cut Joe a little slack. He is still trying to get used to the Rangers so i'll wait a little while to pass judgment on him. Granted he should have known where Shanny was but

Old
11-06-2006, 05:58 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Agreed, I always liked his radio play by play, wouldn't mind him taking over for Sam at all.

As far as hearing the crowd, i'm a deaf musician, so if I can hear them at all i'm happy
Uh...no one wants anyone taking over for Sam. Crispino was doing the radio by the way. Also keep in mind Wischusin used to do Rangers tailgate, which btw, I do not know why it is gone. Was a great pregame show, now it's only the half hour Gamenight. Other guys available to fill in games since we've got alot of sunday games this year would be:
Bill Daughtry, Al Trautwig, John Gianone, Kenny Albert

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Uh...no one wants anyone taking over for Sam. Crispino was doing the radio by the way. Also keep in mind Wischusin used to do Rangers tailgate, which btw, I do not know why it is gone. Was a great pregame show, now it's only the half hour Gamenight. Other guys available to fill in games since we've got alot of sunday games this year would be:
Bill Daughtry, Al Trautwig, John Gianone, Kenny Albert
Obviously i have to hit you over the head with it so here it is - WHEN SAM RETIRES, I wouldn't mind Bobby W taking over.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 06:55 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Are you sure about this? The FCC doesn't regulate content on cable broadcasts. Is MSG available to anyone over the air? This doesn't sound right.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
No Sam

No JD

No Al

I hated the whole damn broadcast, but they did have Stan Fischler.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 07:21 PM
shoothepuck

We got so used to Sam and JD for so long that anyone who comes on board or fills in sounds bad. Always better than the Jersey or Islander crew.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 07:36 PM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Yeah it's gotta be due to the things you might hear during a game from a crowd at the garden. Such as a "Let's kill Gomez" chant, in game 4 of the playoffs. Not that I would have anything to due with such a thing

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 07:52 PM
greasch#4

There was one game when Joe kept refering to the Rangers as the Islanders. I know he used to announce their games but to me that is inexcusable.

The persistent audio problems have been annoying also. Muffled one minute in stereo the next... I just think MSGs production values have been shoddy at best this year.

greasch#4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 08:03 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
I used to have season tickets to the Trenton Titans (the Flyers current ECHL affiliate and future Devil's affiliate) and every so often they would broadcast the game. I sat 4 rows off the glass and was located in a very profane section. We would call the ref everything in the book, heckle the right defenseman, all that stuff. We had this one lady in her 50s that would suggest to the ref that he... well give a trouser friendly kiss to the other team if he was going to give them so many powerplays. That little microphone on the glass directly in front of our section documented all of this.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 09:52 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Always liked Woshoooozin

I was on my way home listening to the game on the radio and on like the 5th or 6th shift Crispino said "nice play by Pock in the corner to turn it around..."

-So (not knowing who started because i was out) i said to my girlfried.. "wow they actually started Pock holy ****ing ****!"

I come home and... where.... is .... Pock????

Crispino is the worst hockey announcer - second to Benatti - holy crap does did he and Eddie O. do a completely horrid job that first Ranger game on OLN, i wanted to burn my ears shut with 2 hot pans.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Kendo

i've really liked bob w's work over the past few years. I used to regularly watch "talk of our town" on MSG with him and daughtery, then i realized that i recognized his voice from the WFAN broadcasts pre-lockout.

he did a very good job, though it seemed like he was trying out a few catch phrases, like emmrick has "foisted out of the zone."

Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 10:07 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

When Sam retires (he's a great guy but I've never cared for him as an annoiuncer) my first and only choice to replace him would be Howie Rose.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 10:09 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
When Sam retires (he's a great guy but I've never cared for him as an annoiuncer) my first and only choice to replace him would be Howie Rose.
Yes sir

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Geogaddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
We got so used to Sam and JD for so long that anyone who comes on board or fills in sounds bad. Always better than the Jersey or Islander crew.
Id like to see a guy like Daren Pang for some odd reason as the CC guy for the Rangers. Joey just seems out of his Element.

Also really like Doc and Chico. Dont like the Isles broadcast though.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote