HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you put on a jersey?

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2003, 07:49 PM
metallicat

vCash: 500
Who would you put on a jersey?

Personally, I wouldn't get an Oiler's name on a jersey unless they meet certain requirements...hard to describe, but there aren't many Oilers who I would be willing to have on a jersey. And if I was to buy one right now, the guy on the back would be Steve Staios. He is a perfect example of what it means to be an Edmonton Oilers...I hope he retires an Oiler.

Old
11-21-2003, 07:51 PM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Mike York or Ales Hemsky

Old
11-21-2003, 07:54 PM
jadeddog

yeah im not gonna be too surprised to see a lot of hemsky sweaters over the next couple years out there... lets just hope the CBA works out liek it *should* and we actually get to keep him for a few years

Old
11-21-2003, 07:59 PM
riles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
yeah im not gonna be too surprised to see a lot of hemsky sweaters over the next couple years out there... lets just hope the CBA works out liek it *should* and we actually get to keep him for a few years
I have a Comrie jersey, thought he'd be here for awhile. But now I'd probably take Torres over Hemsky, since everyone will go get a Hemsky one.

Old
11-21-2003, 08:11 PM
baxter

Torres is what I would get, a little off topic, I see the Comrie jerseys are all on sale, was thinking about getting one and wearing it with a bag over my head to the next game. York would be my second choice, then Smyth.

Old
11-21-2003, 08:14 PM
dem

Smyth
Even if hes traded ... hes always an Oiler to meeeeee!
*sang to "Shes always a woman to me" by billy joel :p *

Hemsky
Simply because i cant see him being traded. Though I never thought Comrie would be traded either

Old
11-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Oi'll say!

The only authentic jersey I ever bought was a Manson #24 with an "A" on it and I've never regretted it.

Lots of great, gritty Oilers have worn that number in the past, including Marchment and McClelland, Staios is just carrying on that fine tradition and is definitely a guy that Oiler fans will remember with pride.

If I buy another Oiler jersey in the next couple of years:
50% chance - Staios
30% - Chimera
10% - Bergeron
10% - Torres or other

Old
11-21-2003, 08:15 PM
dem

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter
Torres is what I would get, a little off topic, I see the Comrie jerseys are all on sale, was thinking about getting one and wearing it with a bag over my head to the next game. York would be my second choice, then Smyth.
Make sure its a bag from the brick!

Old
11-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Allan

Mine has Stoll on it. He's going to be a great Oiler for years, and this way I can accuse everybody else of jumping on the bandwagon in a few years. :p

Old
11-21-2003, 08:28 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riles
since everyone will go get a Hemsky one.
Count me out. I wouldn't wear a Gretzky jersey either though, so maybe that's good news for Ales.

Old
11-21-2003, 08:33 PM
windowlicker

maybe #12 Oates for the novelty of it.
I can see alot of Hemsky jerseys getting out there soon.

I personally wouldnt feel too bad walking down a street in a Moreau jersey.

Old
11-21-2003, 08:42 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
maybe #12 Oates for the novelty of it.
I can see alot of Hemsky jerseys getting out there soon.

I personally wouldnt feel too bad walking down a street in a Moreau jersey.
Excellent choice, you could even get "chopper" put on it.

Maltby, Simpson, and Napier also wore 18, Ethan has some good company.

Old
11-21-2003, 08:44 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

I'd get York or Staios. (Smyth as well, but there's already a zillion Smyths out there.) Or maybe Moreau or Reasoner (and a year ago, I never thought I'd say that about either of those guys!)

I could see Bergeron and Pisani becoming that type of guy as well.

I could also see myself getting a #4 Lowe jersey. He did finish his career in the new Oiler silks, didn't he? So it'd be accurate.

Old
11-21-2003, 08:44 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
I have had a Smyth one for about 6 years now... I haven't decided who to put on my 3rd jersey yet, I was thinking about going old school and getting Kurri put on it...

Old
11-21-2003, 09:02 PM
[ GSGS ]

Rita would be my choice, if only I could predict the future to see if he'll be there for at least two years. If not, a Torres would do the job.

Old
11-21-2003, 09:27 PM
Fincan

Well if MacT ever gave him a chance my first choice would be
<---------------------------------------------

But if I had to choose now I would probably take a Hemsky Jersey. I think at 300 bucks a pop the only guys I would consider are Hemsky, Stoll, Semenov, Rita (but not at this point), Brewer (I know his struggles but I cant see him dealt, although I would have said the same about Comrie 6 months ago).

If I were rich and could afford a new Jersey with the mary-gpo-round that is the nhl and more so the Oilers I would choose to have a Moreau Jersey as he is my favourite current Oiler (it would have been Niinimaa last season).

BTW the last Oiler Jersey I had was a #30 Bill Ranford (too bad it is at my Moms or else I would have SQUEEZED in to it tommorow). Tje Jersey I wear is a #19 Steve Yzerman Team Canada Jersey----------> Yzerman is god to me.

Old
11-21-2003, 09:35 PM
outKast*

Torres, Guerin, Grier, Marchant, Laraque, Weight, Messier, Gretzky. I ussually buy a jersey every year. This year i bought Torres's jersey. (my collection just keeps growing) My favorite jersey has to be Douggie Weight's jersey. I love wearing that thing. I want a custom made Weight 3rd jersey. That would be my new favorite.

Old
11-21-2003, 10:18 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilflip
Torres, Guerin, Grier, Marchant, Laraque, Weight, Messier, Gretzky. I ussually buy a jersey every year. This year i bought Torres's jersey. (my collection just keeps growing) My favorite jersey has to be Douggie Weight's jersey. I love wearing that thing. I want a custom made Weight 3rd jersey. That would be my new favorite.
Wow, when did you buy that?

It would have taken quite a bit of foresight to get it right at the beginning of the season. It's becoming a no brainer now.

Old
11-21-2003, 10:27 PM
outKast*

Nooo, i actually bought Torres's jersey a couple weeks ago. After the first few weeks, he became my favorite player. I just had to get his jersey. They all now hang in my closet.

If i still had some money i would buy a Conklin jersey too...

Old
11-21-2003, 10:32 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

I have Laraque, Comrie, and Hemsky. One of the first guys with a Hemsky jersey, bought it before it was the 'thing', kinda proud of that.

If I was going with another jersey for some reason I think I'd get Peter Bondra or Marian Gaborik.................(wakes up)

M.A.B. wouldn't be a bad choice, I think/hope he'll be here a while. Stevey is a less flashy, but still solid choice. Not a York or Torres fanatic, so I wouldn't go with that, but they are good players and choices, as they will probably be here a while, and should play well.

Darkhorse: TY! TY! TY! TY! TY!

Old
11-22-2003, 12:54 AM
OilerMania83

I would get a Hemsky jersey but it seems that everyone is doing it now...
I wish I woulda got earlier. I've liked him since he got here, I remember how happy I was when he scored his first goal against Montreal.

So for me it'd be
-Hemsky #83
-York #16

Maybe....MAYBE....Chopper.

Old
11-22-2003, 02:25 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

if they don't charge by the letter...maybe Salmelainen

Old
11-22-2003, 06:49 AM
igor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat
Personally, I wouldn't get an Oiler's name on a jersey unless they meet certain requirements...hard to describe, but there aren't many Oilers who I would be willing to have on a jersey. And if I was to buy one right now, the guy on the back would be Steve Staios. He is a perfect example of what it means to be an Edmonton Oilers...I hope he retires an Oiler.
I would go for Smyth, but its been done to death So I think Bergeron. Maybe York or Dvorak ... but I'm not convinced the Oilres will be able to keep both, or either, for long.

Brings up a thought though ... anyone notice that some players, even though they score a lot of points, just never finf their way onto the jerseys of Oiler fans? How many Carter jerseys did you ever see at the Rx? Not many methinks. And considering Guerin was at or near the top scorer for this team for about three years ... never a huge amount of them either. Not many Poti, but some. Swacks of Comrie, Weight, Laraque and Smyth sweaters though. Quite a few Niinimaa ones too.

Old
11-22-2003, 08:20 AM
Hairball

Moreau. Without any doubt in my mind. I've always admired the game that he brings every single night. I've wanted it for a couple of years now but never gotten one in fear that he'd be traded. Now that he's here for a while, I'm definately getting one this year. If not for Christmas, then in Jan. I'll go get it myself. It's gona be a third with the A and the 25th logo.

Old
11-22-2003, 08:40 AM
Tarkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
Mike York or Ales Hemsky
Ditto for me. Hemsky because it's such a unique number (I don't think anyone in the NHL has ever it used before), and York because it's only 1 number away from my favorite number.

That said, I'm very reluctant to get my jerseys crested, just because of the revolving door roster that is the Oilers...

Closed Thread