HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse on the 2nd line for tomorrow's game !

Old
10-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan View Post
Yeah, well i've met people named Atilla so do you wanna have a sword fight or what?

BTW I really liked "teufelsdreck" and I suspect you changed for reasons other than popular demand. But then i'm a cynic.
Obviously I liked it because I chose it in the first place and used it for a long time. It has a humorous sound. However, other people complained they couldn't spell it, or else they deliberately misspelled it. In addition, there's a holier-than-thou witless grump on this forum (his real name is Petr, and he lives in the Toronto area) who doesn't care for me but honors me in a way by freely repeating my reference to Ribeiro as "Gollum" on another Habs forum.

As for Attila/Atilla, shouldn't Hungarian names (e.g., Zoltan, Ferenc, Lajos, Judit, Ildiko) be stressed on their first syllable (AHT-tilla), not a-TILLA (as in Godzilla or gorilla)? If I am correct in this, then it should logically be spelled Attila.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 03:48 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I'm sick of samsonov's low percentage plays, poor forechecking, and his needless turnovers.

what I really hate is when it's samsonov against the world... he would rather try to stickhandle through it and create a transition oppurtunity for the other team rather than to dump the puck in.

He needs to play smarter... hopefully, carbo's move sparks him a little bit. I dont think this is anything more than sending a message to sammy... he will be back as a top 6 guy fairly quick... lets see how he responds

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 06:41 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
...like all the other guys on the 4th line...

Perezhogin = 0 goal
Latendresse= 0 goal

Which one has more goals ?
At least Perez has some points and has shown something on the ice. He is working hard out there while Lats looks like he is floating half the time. And your argument of all the guys on the 4th line have no points makes no sence. This just proves none of them are playing particulaly well to start the season.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 06:42 AM
Hockeymom67

Glad to see that Latrendresse will get a chance to prove himself once again

Hockeymom67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 06:45 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Glad to see that Latrendresse will get a chance to prove himself once again
He has had 8 games to prove himself and has shown nothing for it. You know what I really hope he does well on the second line and we finally get 2 scoring lines but in the end I do not think he will make a difference unless he hits more and learns to stand in front of the net and screen the goalie like Higgins, who is much smaller, has been doing.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 06:50 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
The line should be like this:

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Samsonov - Kovalev - Perezhogin (yes lets try kovy at center)
Johnson - Bonk - Latendresse
Begin - Plekanec - Murray
Those would be interesting lines to try out, but I'm not sure about Pleks getting demoted to the 4th line. He hasn't done much this season, but it ain't easy playing with Kovy (maybe some people are secretely starting to appreciate Ribeiro's abilities a bit more...).

I was a big Latendresse fan in preseason, and I still am, but there's no way he's earned a spot on the second line. Anybody watching the games can see that he has much to learn...he's still adjusting to the speed of the game. I'm hoping he proves me wrong and has a great game today, but I think it's unlikely that he'll fare well playing 5-on-5 on the second line. Perezhogin would be a better fit with Pleks and Kovy, and for my money, Perezhogin's been one of our top 5 forwards this year.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the one guy in our lineup who I think is capable of getting Kovalev going is Higgins. He's a great playmaker, and he's set Koivu up countless times in the slot. I'd rather have Kovalev on the end of those setups than Koivu. Keep Koivu with Ryder and have those two try to get Sammy going. If Koivu can't get Sammy going, then Samsonov should get demoted to the 4th line.

Samsonov-Koivu-Ryder
Higgins-Kovalev-Perezhogin (or Kovalev-Higgins-Perezhogin)
Plekanec-Bonk-Johnson
Murray-Begin-Latendresse

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 07:02 AM
David_99

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder (bang, pass, score)
Lats - Kovalev - Perez (bang, pass, score)
Begin - Bonk - Johnson (bang pass, score)
Sammy - Pleks - Kostitsin (basically what our second line now)

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 07:04 AM
Courtnall6

I respect Carbo alot, but I just don't see the logic behind this choice...hopefully, it won't last long.

Courtnall6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 07:21 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
Sammy really not happy to be on the 4th line:

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...834e8d&k=81518

Quote:
"I made a commitment here," added the Moscow native, who signed a two-year deal worth $6.25 million U.S.

"I moved my family here; I bought a house. This team is paying me a lot to be a part-time player. I'm not shocked. I've seen the way my ice time has gone down. It's frustrating when your team is down 3-0 and you're sitting on the bench watching the game.

Obviously, I'm not needed here."
Not good words to hear from one of your players.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 07:28 AM
Netro

It takes time sometimes for newcomers to gel.

Both Kovalev and Samsonov like to carry the puck through the neutral zone as well as hold onto the puck in the offensive zone, so I am not surprised that they are having difficulties right now.

I have not seen enough from Latendresse to earn this promotion, but I am guessing that Carbo, at the moment, does not want to break up the Koivu and Bonk Lines. So, there was no other option.

Personally, I see this switch as temporary. He is just trying to send Samsonov a message, that's all.

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 07:47 AM
CareyPrice x 31

vCash: 3907
i just saw the Sammy reaction for the first time... We dont need someone like that on our team. He really believes he has been playing well, and now he's mad.

I can also see why he isnt happy that it happened now. Every player loves to play his ex team and it is the Bruins were playing

CareyPrice x 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 08:05 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
I dunno, but correct me if I'm wrong: I think that yes, Gui will play on the 2nd line, but I also expect to see Sammy on a couple shifts with the 2nd line.

I don't think Gui will be able to keep up with Pleks and Kovy for a whole game. Playing around 20 minutes in a NHL game is much more different (read: tougher) than doing so in the Q. Anyways, we'll see.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 08:14 AM
hendextall

What Carbo is doing tonight with the lines makes perfect sense. What doesn't make much sense is how most of you want to screw with all of the lines. We have 2 lines that have played great so far this season, and everyone seems to want to break them up because Lats hasn't "proven" himself. The whole point of moving him up to the 2nd line is to piss of Sammy, and somewhat humiliate him. I don't really agree with the humiliation part, but Carbo needs to try to light a fire under Sammy's *** to get him going. And moving Lats up to the 2nd line is the only logical way to do it. There's no way he is going to break up the 1st or 3rd line at this point.

hendextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 08:20 AM
BobbyFischer*

Latendresse > Malkin

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 08:22 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
You are correct sir. What was I thinking...I need to get more serious.

Today, October 24 2006 -- a date which will live in infamy -- the Montreal Canadiens were suddenly and deliberately plunged into turmoil by the evil Empire of Carbo.

The Habs were at peace in the locker-room with all Nations. However, due to being mired in a one game losing streak and, at the solicitation of knowledgeable and rabid hockey fans, the head coach while still in conversation with his veterans and assistant coaches and still looking toward the maintenance of peace in the room, decided to commence his unforeseen and unprovoked attack. Indeed, one day before the next game, the Canadiens head coach delivered to the anxious fans and reporters a reply to the question “ Eh Guy, what are you going to do to turn this around and win another CUP?”.

While this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue the existing diplomatic negotiations and ego stroking , it contained no threat or hint of what a bomb he was about to drop..

It will be recorded that the distance from the 2nd line to the 4th line is no more than 3 feet on the bench, his actions makes it obvious that the attack was deliberately planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time the Habs management had deliberately sought to deceive the public by false statements and expressions of hope for continued glory.
The shuffling of the lines has caused severe damage to internal chemistry as well as setting back Franco-Russian relations to Cold War status. Very many fans lives have been shattered. In addition many Hab fans have been reported to now be wandering aimlessly along Lambert Closse searching for the ghost of Attila the Hun in the hopes that it can revive Sam Hill.
Today, Carbonneau launched an attack on Samsonov
Today Carbonneau also launched a veiled attack on Perezhogin.
An attack was also perpetrated on Johnson.
Somewhere along the way Bonk was also pulled into this melee.
Carbonneau has, therefore, undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the club. The facts speak for themselves. The fans of the Montreal Canadiens have already formed their opinions and well understand the implications to their very life and safety..

As John Q. Public I have directed that all measures be taken for our defense.

Always will we remember the character of the onslaught against us.
No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated act, the Habs faithful in their righteous might will continue to support the Habs through to absolute victory.

With confidence in our troops -- with the unbounded determination of The Tender One-- we will gain the inevitable triumph -- so help us Sam Hill.

I ask that Gros Bill declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly act by Carbonneau was too traumatic for us to handle, we all should get free chicken wings at the Cage Aux Sport for the next home game..

The drive for twenty-five is definitely alive.
At last, someone understands! Carbo and Gainey are ruining this team, especially with the way they treat their veteran players, with no respect at all. And once again, we're screwing the young players, who never get a chance with Montréal. It's really unfair to Higgins and Plekanec and Perezhogin and Latendresse to hardly play at all, while the other teams let their young guys play a lot. And also, we're just burning those young guys by playing them too much, and on the first, or second or third line at that. I mean, really, Carbo and Gainey don't know what they're doing. It's time to fire Gainey and get someone knowledgeable in here, like Youppi or Bobby Clarke.

It's obvious now we need a major trade and we have to keep all our assets. I say bring in Attila the Hun, he makes everyone play bigger, even though his poney has lost a step or two lately.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 08:33 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
At last, someone understands! Carbo and Gainey are ruining this team, especially with the way they treat their veteran players, with no respect at all. And once again, we're screwing the young players, who never get a chance with Montréal. It's really unfair to Higgins and Plekanec and Perezhogin and Latendresse to hardly play at all, while the other teams let their young guys play a lot. And also, we're just burning those young guys by playing them too much, and on the first, or second or third line at that. I mean, really, Carbo and Gainey don't know what they're doing. It's time to fire Gainey and get someone knowledgeable in here, like Youppi or Bobby Clarke.

It's obvious now we need a major trade and we have to keep all our assets. I say bring in Attila the Hun, he makes everyone play bigger, even though his poney has lost a step or two lately.
You know I've got a problem with the Huns, not the least of which is the number of 'T's in A."s name. You're just trying to trick me into saying something inflammatory and get me banned. Then someone will suggest that Rivet should open up a Bed'n'Breakfast in North Bay and I won't be able to rally to his defense, causing me to lose my tenuous grip on sanity.

Is this your idea, or another example of that dastardly Carbo's plot ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
You know I've got a problem with the Huns, not the least of which is the number of 'T's in A."s name. You're just trying to trick me into saying something inflammatory and get me banned. Then someone will suggest that Rivet should open up a Bed'n'Breakfast in North Bay and I won't be able to rally to his defense, causing me to lose my tenuous grip on sanity.

And why hasn't there been any discussion about retiring A's jersey?

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 08:38 AM
HabsSlappy

I don't really have a problem with Samsonov being put on the 4th line. I think the reason he is so mad about it is that this move was made in his first game back in Boston. It's embarrassing for him. He wants to go in there and show them that they should have never let him go. Tough to do that playing on the 4th.

You guys think this would work?

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Johnson-Kovalev-Perezhogin
Samsonov-Bonk-Latendresse
Begin-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

I've been thinking about the lines the last couple of days and I think those would be ideal...a physical guy who goes to the net, a playmaker and a scorer on each line.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 08:42 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post

That's your problem with The Hun? His name? The number of T's in A's name? I'D take him or Genghis Khan on my team any day, they make Kovalev or Samsonov look like a couple of czarinas. And if I hear one more Rivet Bed and Breakfast joke, I'll report the post. This is getting ridiculous.

Old
10-26-2006, 08:42 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
And why hasn't there been any discussion about retiring A's jersey?
They better retire Genghis' number first.

Old
10-26-2006, 08:43 AM
flappuck

Quote:
And once again, we're screwing the young players, who never get a chance with Montréal.
Isn't Latendresse getting a chance on the 2nd line tonight?

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 08:43 AM
Artie

Quote:
That's your problem with The Hun? His name? The number of T's in A's name? I'D take him or Genghis Khan on my team any day, they make Kovalev or Samsonov look like a couple of czarinas. And if I hear one more Rivet Bed and Breakfast joke, I'll report the post. This is getting ridiculous.
okay enough talk about T & A...at my age I can't handle it anymore.

I'm going to go take a cold shower now

Old
10-26-2006, 08:45 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
I think he was being literal, and there's no place for such tomfoolery before games.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 08:45 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Sure, go ahead, twist my words around completely. That's exactly what I said, so don't put words (or anything else) in my mouth.

Edit : I forgot this :

Old
10-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Artie

Quote:

Yeah but it has nothing to do with Tender being young. Have you not been following?

oops, me too: