HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse on the 2nd line for tomorrow's game !

Old
10-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Turbo

vCash: 500
Wouldn't it be funny if Latendresse scores his first goal, Samsonov gets the 4th line scoring, and the 1st and 3rd lines remain as effective as they've always been?

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 09:56 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if Latendresse scores his first goal, Samsonov gets the 4th line scoring, and the 1st and 3rd lines remain as effective as they've always been?
Come on that would not be funny it would be amazing

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:02 AM
flappuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
Have you not been following?
oops, me too:
No I haven't

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
No I haven't
Okay a quick recap.

Carbo woke up yesterday morning to Otis Redding;s "Try A Little Tenderness" playing on the radio.

All of a sudden he decided to juggle his lines. Moved Sammy to the 4th, moved Tender to the 2nd, didn't move Perezhogin who deserves to be moved ahead of Lats, didn't bother to consider moving Kovy who is playing just as bad as Sammy but better than Lats and Perez, completely surpassed Johnson and Bonk.

Sammy took exception to this act and stated it so publically. Somewhere along the way, posters started calling for more grit on the team (hence the Attila the Hun and Ghengis Khan scouting reports) but there are salary cap issues and waiver wire complications with trying to sign those 2.

With Sammy off the 2nd line it was a slap in the face to UFA's signing in Montreal. Not promoting Perezhogin was clearly an indication that Carbo prefers Tenders over Perogies. The young stars (Perez) always get shafted here in Montreal.

IMHO Carbo has to go

Last edited by Artie: 10-26-2006 at 10:25 AM.
Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Turbo

Quote:
Okay a quick recap.

Carbo woke up yesterday morning to Otis Redding;s "Try A Little Tenderness" playing on the radio.

All of a sudden he decided to juggle his lines. Moved Sammy to the 4th, moved Tender to the 2nd, didn't move Perezhogin who deserves to be moved ahead of Lats, didn't bother to consider moving Kovy who is playing just as bad as Sammy but better than Lats and Perez, completely surpassed Johnson and Bonk.

Sammy took exception to this act and stated it so publically. Somewhere along the way, posters started calling for more grit on the team (hence the Attila the Hun and Ghengis Khan scouting reports) but there are salary cap issues and waiver wire complications with trying to sign those 2.

With Sammy off the 2nd line it was a slap in the face to UFA's signing in Montreal. Not promoting Perezhogin was clearly an indication that Carbo prefers Tenders or Perogies. The young stars (Perez) always get shafted here in Montreal.

IMHO Carbo has to go
That is downright priceless...

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Okay a quick recap.

With Sammy off the 2nd line it was a slap in the face to UFA's signing in Montreal. Not promoting Perezhogin was clearly an indication that Carbo prefers Tenders or Perogies. The young stars (Perez) always get shafted here in Montreal.

IMHO Carbo has to go
Quite the recap, bang on.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:23 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Okay a quick recap.

IMHO Carbo has to go
Though I have a soft spot for Ghengis, I'd rather go for Alexander the Great or Napoleon Bonaparte. And Bonaparte speaks french. I'd send a scout on St.Helene Island if I were BG.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:25 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE ColD View Post
Though I have a soft spot for Ghengis, I'd rather go for Alexander the Great or Napoleon Bonaparte. And Bonaparte speaks french. I'd send a scout on St.Helene Island if I were BG.
We don't need another small player.

Old
10-26-2006, 10:35 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Yeah, and we'd end up with creepy uniforms.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:35 AM
oop007*

Quote:
It's sometimes fun to dream I guess.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Artie

Quote:
yeah and he'd only have one hand on the stick all the time.

Old
10-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Artie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post

you know in my dreams I'm usually the one scoring

Old
10-26-2006, 10:39 AM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
You may say he's a dreamer but he's not the only one. I hope someday you will join us, and the Habs Forum will be as one.

Medicine Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:44 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Twin View Post
You may say he's a dreamer but he's not the only one. I hope someday you will join us, and the Habs Forum will be as one.
Remember, though, dreams never die, just the dreamer.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:55 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
yeah and he'd only have one hand on the stick all the time.
But he speaks French. And we already had a one-hand-on-the-stick kind of player. Remember Zednik? I'm pretty sure Bonaparte would be a 30 goals scorer. And he sure is a good playmaker as well.

He may be small, but he's fast, perfeclty built for the "new" NHL.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Fido22

For added thoughness, I'd go with Boudica....the Roman butt kicking savage queen.
It is said that "she was possessed of greater intelligence than often belongs to women, that she was tall, had long red hair down to her hips, a harsh voice and a piercing glare".

I'd take that on my team anyday over an overated, no heart, small Euro like napoleon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boudica

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Teufelsdreck

Suppose Latendresse doesn't shine on the second line. I don't mean just in tonight's game but at any point in the season. In other words, if his rookie season resembles Joe Thornton's inauspicious debut. What would the doubters who contend that Latendresse doesn't deserve the promotion say about it? What would the fans who are ecstatic about his promotion say? What would Carbonneau's next move be? How would he make it to Samsonov? It has all the makings of a soap opera.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:57 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
You know I've got a problem with the Huns, not the least of which is the number of 'T's in A."s name. You're just trying to trick me into saying something inflammatory and get me banned. Then someone will suggest that Rivet should open up a Bed'n'Breakfast in North Bay and I won't be able to rally to his defense, causing me to lose my tenuous grip on sanity.

Is this your idea, or another example of that dastardly Carbo's plot ?
Did you just say T in A and it went completely unnoticed!

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:58 AM
AD

Quote:
okay enough talk about T & A...at my age I can't handle it anymore.

I'm going to go take a cold shower now
Ok.. I had missed this one.

Good job Artie!

Old
10-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Suppose Latendresse doesn't shine on the second line. I don't mean just in tonight's game but at any point in the season. In other words, if his rookie season resembles Joe Thornton's inauspicious debut. What would the doubters who contend that Latendresse doesn't deserve the promotion say about it? What would the fans who are ecstatic about his promotion say? What would Carbonneau's next move be? How would he make it to Samsonov? It has all the makings of a soap opera.
Tune in daily to "As My Stomach Turns"

Old
10-26-2006, 11:00 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE ColD View Post

You want another smurf forward on our team just because he speaks french! typical!

Old
10-26-2006, 11:03 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
You want another smurf forward on our team just because he speaks french! typical!

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
For added thoughness, I'd go with Boudica....the Roman butt kicking savage queen.
It is said that "she was possessed of greater intelligence than often belongs to women, that she was tall, had long red hair down to her hips, a harsh voice and a piercing glare".

I'd take that on my team anyday over an overated, no heart, small Euro like napoleon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boudica
Savage queen. Sounds good. May we ask what Boudica's, hmm, physical attributes and vestimentary tendencies are?

Old
10-26-2006, 11:04 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
You realise I'm talking about Napoleon Bonaparte right?

Old
10-26-2006, 11:05 AM
AD

Quote:
Savage queen. Sounds good. May we ask what Boudica's, hmm, physical attributes and vestimentary tendencies are?
Her real name is Bodicea... now with a bodacious name like that, I can only imagine her bodice!