HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PHO BUF Trade Proposal

Old
10-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Darnits

vCash: 500
What's the status with Shane Doan? I saw he only played about 9 minutes last game, was he injured, or just benched?

I know Gretzky loves him, but would a Biron and Kotalik for Doan deal work, or would something need to be added?

Darnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 08:44 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

well Doan would be a good player for us. It would be impossible to deal biron for nothing that isn't a huge overpayment. Marty is a real nice guy to have to give miller a rest(or incase of injury) and we don't really loose much in net between the two.. I would love to trade marty biron and let him lead a team.(he is good) But we need our team to be strong this year. Kotalik has had a slow start but he has all the little things you like in a hockey player.

last year

Doan
NHL 82 30 36 66

kotalik

NHL 82 25 37 62

From what i herd in buffalo.. it was not that marty did not have offers. but our leadership wanted ALOT for him. darcy pretty much says it will have to be a huge over payment and that trading marty is off his agenda

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 09:20 PM
Lorenzo1000

Seeing as Phoenix just called up Don Maclean and Matt Jones I'd say something is up. Why do you put Morrison on waivers and then not call up Leneveu ?

Lorenzo1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 09:42 PM
1datsyuk3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
fair payment for a starting goaltender entering his prime
except you get less for him b/c PHO knows you have Miller and he's your guy and don't have as much of a need for Biron...

1datsyuk3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
why would Buffalo do anything right now?

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnits View Post
What's the status with Shane Doan? I saw he only played about 9 minutes last game, was he injured, or just benched?

I know Gretzky loves him, but would a Biron and Kotalik for Doan deal work, or would something need to be added?
Buffalo does not need Doan...why break up chemestry?

The team is the best in the NHL by far right now, why make any moves at all?

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Jooce81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
why would Buffalo do anything right now?
QFT!!!!!!

Jooce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 11:02 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo1000 View Post
Seeing as Phoenix just called up Don Maclean and Matt Jones I'd say something is up. Why do you put Morrison on waivers and then not call up Leneveu ?
LeNeveu was called up. It was in the USA today under transactions I believe. Definately under the radar.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 11:06 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo1000 View Post
Maclean called up since Doan will be out for a little while and Jones called up hopefully so Seidenberg can have a seat for a few games.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 11:29 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif View Post
Phoenix needs goaltending and Buffalo needs nothing immediatly but Biron wants to be a number 1. So this seems to make some sense to me

To Buf: 2nd, Morrison and Wheeler

To Yotes: Biron and a 3rd
Morrison is on waivers

try again

for Biron

start talking about first rounders

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 11:41 PM
Don Draper

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyardshift View Post
Morrison is on waivers

try again

for Biron

might as well stop talking then

Don Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:58 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyardshift View Post
Morrison is on waivers

try again

for Biron

You want a top five pick for Martin Biron? Are you crazy? Who went fifth overall last year? Phil Kessel, right? Would Phil Kessel be a fair return for Martin Biron? Gilbert Brule was the fifth pick the year before, I believe. Do you think you could get a player like Brule for Biron? He's not even a starter.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:32 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
You want a top five pick for Martin Biron? Are you crazy? Who went fifth overall last year? Phil Kessel, right? Would Phil Kessel be a fair return for Martin Biron? Gilbert Brule was the fifth pick the year before, I believe. Do you think you could get a player like Brule for Biron? He's not even a starter.

Biron will start on a team that needs a goalie. I don't think he is worth a top 5 pick. But he is worth alot to the team overall. right now i would take biron over kessel on this team. for this season.. even as a back up. marty is a starting goal tender. so we don't really loose too much skill when miller needs a rest.

good luck rebuilding. i sure hope you don't end up 5th overall. everyone was talking about how good your team is going to be. We want to make something real good now and i am sure you can respect that.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:40 PM
A-Train in Motion

Bad deal considering Morrison is on waivers... but then again you knew that.

If Morrison wasn't on waivers Bufflao still wouldn't put the trigger. What is morrison 0-3 with a 7 gaa?

A-Train in Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 01:02 PM
flair

Biron is a pretty good goalie but I don't think the Sabres will be able to pluck top prospects or high picks off any team.

flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Leif

To defend my proposal, I think that the Yotes can't afford as a franchise to go into rebuilding mode. And I belive the team can most certainly turn it around and that should start from the goal out. Morrison was just thrown in haphazardly due to Buffalo needing a backup. And regarding Wheeler he appears to me to be a 4 year college player that will need a ahl stint before he ever see's the NHL. So Phoenix is in dire straits now and mueller can fill the same role as wheeler and is arguably a better prospect. And the pick can be conditional on signing Biron or just drop the phoenix pick all together. And I fully relize that Buffalo is a ideal team right now, the trade is based solely on the Yotes needs.

Leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 10:01 AM
clumping platelets

Sabres do not have any need to make any deals at this time

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Leif

Are you retarded?

Honestly man what could possibly have made you think that post was nessecary. I have repeatedly stated the sabres don't need to trade. Seriously man, what the hell.

Leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
if phoenix has already given up on the season then i'll agree it's overpayment. but it's only 10 games in.

Biron is a very good goaltender. he is way above average. Phoenix would be a .500 team with Biron right now. and if they could get a little chemistry offensively they could compete for a playoff spot in the west.
Just wondering how much of a difference Biron is going to be when in PHO's has scored a total of 8 goals in their 8 losses?

Bottom line - Biron wouldn't help PHO at this point in time IMO. They're so bad defensively that nothing short of a 4x6 sheet of plexiglass is is going to help them. It's definetely not worth trading a guy like Wheeler for PHO to make a desperation move at this point in time.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:00 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Just wondering how much of a difference Biron is going to be when in PHO's has scored a total of 8 goals in their 8 losses?

Bottom line - Biron wouldn't help PHO at this point in time IMO. They're so bad defensively that nothing short of a 4x6 sheet of plexiglass is is going to help them. It's definetely not worth trading a guy like Wheeler for PHO to make a desperation move at this point in time.
Wait, I mean

Old
10-27-2006, 04:07 PM
The Big Chill

Send a message via AIM to The Big Chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
Corrected for you.

Shutup. Biron is an above average goaltender. You just don't see enough of him to be able to judge his play nowadays. He makes big saves and keeps pucks out of the net. He is at least 3 times better than Joseph is.

There will be no deal made here.

The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:17 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MairMan View Post
He is at least 3 times better than Joseph is.
I can't argue with science.

Old
10-27-2006, 04:18 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Shutup. Biron is an above average goaltender. You just don't see enough of him to be able to judge his play nowadays. He makes big saves and keeps pucks out of the net. He is at least 3 times better than Joseph is.

Lol, compare Joseph's career numbers to Biron's...nevermind, there's no comparison. Saying he's 3x the goalie Joseph is, even at their respective stages of careers, is a bit extreme.

I think Phoenix's defence corps will come around (they were highly touted coming into the season) and that should reflect favourably in Joseph's numbers as we go along. I don't think the injury to Ballard can be all to blame, but getting him back will obviously improve matters as well.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Agreed.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Wait, I mean
I really look at the bright side on this - the Yotes have the talent but it obviously hasn't gelled yet. Most teams that have major acquisitions take a while to come together, and I think that the the case in PHO. Jovo only has played 40'ish games in the last 2 years, and I think he'll come around, with JR & Nolan in the same (or worse) boat. I really think that the bad start can be erased w/ a two week hotstreak when the team gels. The important thing is that the teams best players (Nagy, Doan, Comrie) need to start playing like it. I will say that I've been very impressed w/ Lisin & Yandle so that's a silver lining in the bad start as well.

It is funny though how the "magical" Biron would save the day in PHO when the real issue is that the team only scored 2 goals in one of their losses, and has been shut out 3 times. In his career so far, Biron has never gotten a below average team (which is what PHO is right now) into the play-off's in 3-4 tries as the starter.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote