HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Sign Phil Osear

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2003, 10:45 AM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Rangers Sign Phil Osear

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1052

hmm what gets me is that he was called up. Was LaBarbera sent down or is a trade in the works? With Lindros playing will Ortmeyer be sent down? I think he will cause he is too young but I think he has played well.

Old
11-23-2003, 07:39 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
I seriously doubt a trade is in the works involving either Osaer or LaBarbera. More likely, this is about the fact that Blackburn is going to be out at least until Feb and Osaer has played well enough to be signed to a full contract.

Old
11-23-2003, 07:56 PM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
I seriously doubt a trade is in the works involving either Osaer or LaBarbera. More likely, this is about the fact that Blackburn is going to be out at least until Feb and Osaer has played well enough to be signed to a full contract.
I hope Lundmark gets ice time. I hope Hlavac gets dealt.

Old
11-23-2003, 09:14 PM
Adamx

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Adamx
The only reason he was signed is that he was on a 25-game tryout with the WolfPack, an AHL contract. In order to be the back-up goaltender today for the Rangers, he had to be signed to an "NHL contract". LaBarbera was unavailable due to a groin injury. The same thing happened last year when the Rangers called John Tripp up. He was on an AHL contract and they had to sign him to an NHL contract in order to be recalled.

Closed Thread