HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Caldwell for Eric Boguniecki

Old
10-25-2006, 04:54 PM
LadyByngJeanRatelle

vCash: 500
Ryan Caldwell for Eric Boguniecki

http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/...HL&x_option=21

LadyByngJeanRatelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Irish Blues

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=181872&hubname=nhl

The floodgates have clearly opened. Sticky?

10-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm just waiting for somebody to claim that this minor transaction demonstrates what a bad GM Garth Snow is....

10-25-2006, 05:36 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I'm just waiting for somebody to claim that this minor transaction demonstrates what a bad GM Garth Snow is....
Trading a promising young defender like Ryan Caldwell for an older forward like Boguniecki shows the Garth Snow clearly is not dedicated to the youth movement, nor to defense!

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 06:03 PM
VanW27

I assume Bogunieki will be with the isles?

VanW27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwychen27 View Post
I assume Bogunieki will be with the isles?

I doubt it. The Isles are healthy up front, and their third/4th lines are pretty well set.

This is a depth move involving two players who will probably not see significant time in the NHL this year.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 10-25-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 06:38 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

The boguey man has come full circle.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 06:43 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
I doubt it. The Isles are healthy up front, and their third/4th lines are pretty well set.

This is a depth move involving two players who will probably not see significant time in the NHL this year.

who knows? it certainly doesn't appear to be one of those depth moves strictly desinged to make Bridgeport stronger... Snow may be considering another move with one of his bottom six players, in hopes that Boguniecki may be able to recapture a little of that AHL MVP form. he also can be a mean little sonovagun too!

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Kirk Muller*

Poor Boguniecki.

He's been eeking his way through life in the AHL for the past 10 years in the hope of getting a job in the NHL. If he had given up on his dream, he could have gone over to Europe and made a comfortable living during that time.

I know him from when he used to play for the Worcester IceCats and they would play against Québec City, and it was plainly obvious that he would never be able to play in the NHL. I admire him for pursuing his dream though.

Kirk Muller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 07:16 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

This has Wang written all over it.

Oh, and I'll add for the humor impaired.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
who knows? it certainly doesn't appear to be one of those depth moves strictly desinged to make Bridgeport stronger... Snow may be considering another move with one of his bottom six players, in hopes that Boguniecki may be able to recapture a little of that AHL MVP form. he also can be a mean little sonovagun too!

I doubt it. We don't have any botton six players with trade value, and Boguniecki (or however you spell his name) wouldn't be an ideal replacement for any of those guys. But, who knows?

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Trading a promising young defender like Ryan Caldwell for an older forward like Boguniecki shows the Garth Snow clearly is not dedicated to the youth movement, nor to defense!

Cut the Committee some slack, Seph. They've been working hard to get this deal done since late July. Many, many meetings have gone into this transaction becoming reality.

One could imagine the tension around the NYI Committee table when a vote was taken.

"All those in favor of acquiring Bogie, say 'aye'"....

(All eyes in the room simultaneously divert to Wang).

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 08:58 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Cut the Committee some slack, Seph. They've been working hard to get this deal done since late July. Many, many meetings have gone into this transaction becoming reality.

One could imagine the tension around the NYI Committee table when a vote was taken.

I think you're onto the REAL reason Neil Smith was fired...

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 10:59 PM
GernerPSU

Send a message via AIM to GernerPSU
Boogy never quits. You can give him that much.

GernerPSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 11:28 PM
MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Poor Boguniecki.

He's been eeking his way through life in the AHL for the past 10 years in the hope of getting a job in the NHL. If he had given up on his dream, he could have gone over to Europe and made a comfortable living during that time.

I know him from when he used to play for the Worcester IceCats and they would play against Québec City, and it was plainly obvious that he would never be able to play in the NHL. I admire him for pursuing his dream though.

He spent pretty much 3 full seasons in the NHL, and in 02-03 scored 22 goals and 49 points for St. Louis. In those three NHL seasons alone, he would have made over $1.5 million US, way more than he ever could have made in Europe.

MS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:06 AM
Seph

Quote:
I doubt it. We don't have any botton six players with trade value, and Boguniecki (or however you spell his name) wouldn't be an ideal replacement for any of those guys. But, who knows?
Asham maybe? Not that Bogey really replaces what Asham brings to the ice, but considering Asham's minutes (5min/game on avg), it doesn't seem like Nolan think Asham brings all that much in the first place.

Also, there's this quote about him leaving Syracuse:
Quote:
Boguniecki, a free-agent signing who was expected to be the anchor of the team's offense, had no points in six games. He admitted his heart wasn't into playing in the AHL and said he decided it's time to move on, either to a chance at the NHL or to Europe. He also wanted to return to his wife and two daughters, who stayed at their home on Cape Cod.
http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/weblo...s/2006_10.html

So it would appear that if a team were going to trade for him, they would be doing so to play him. Otherwise there's no purpose since he plans to quit and go to Europe otherwise.

Old
10-26-2006, 12:39 AM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post

Evoked a rare chuckle on this matter...

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:56 AM
CBJorBust

Bougy was real bad playing for the Crunch this season. no points and was a -8

This is from our paper

Bye Bogey
Forward Eric Boguniecki's tenure with the Crunch is over.

Boguniecki recently informed the Columbus organization that one way or another, he was leaving the team on Wednesday. Columbus hustled to put together a trade with the Islanders organization. I don't know yet who is coming back in return.

Boguniecki, a free-agent signing who was expected to be the anchor of the team's offense, had no points in six games. He admitted his heart wasn't into playing in the AHL and said he decided it's time to move on, either to a chance at the NHL or to Europe. He also wanted to return to his wife and two daughters, who stayed at their home on Cape Cod.

"My focus wasn't where it should be here,'' he said. "I wasn't doing the team any favors, and I wasn't doing myself any favors. I didn't show up for one game. You didn't see the real me. It's disappointing.''

I'll have an update later and a full report in Thursday's Post-Standard.

Lindsay Kramer
LKramer@Syracuse.com

CBJorBust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 03:26 AM
Kirk Muller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS View Post

He spent pretty much 3 full seasons in the NHL, and in 02-03 scored 22 goals and 49 points for St. Louis. In those three NHL seasons alone, he would have made over $1.5 million US, way more than he ever could have made in Europe.
You're right, I assumed he had just played that one season with the Blues and then bits and pieces of others, but I guess that he was with the team but a healthy scratch, still getting paid.

Anyway, what he said confirms what I thought though. If he doesn't get a shot at a regular NHL spot, he's going to Europe.

Kirk Muller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 04:35 AM
John Belushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Asham maybe? Not that Bogey really replaces what Asham brings to the ice, but considering Asham's minutes (5min/game on avg), it doesn't seem like Nolan think Asham brings all that much in the first place.

Also, there's this quote about him leaving Syracuse:

http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/weblo...s/2006_10.html

So it would appear that if a team were going to trade for him, they would be doing so to play him. Otherwise there's no purpose since he plans to quit and go to Europe otherwise.

You'd think Nolan would like Asham

John Belushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:10 PM
GSK*

2002-03 St. Louis Blues NHL 80 22 27 49

Boguniecki was in fire that year lol.

But play with a PPG Keith Tkachuk, Cory Stillman, Al MacInnis, Pavol Demitra, Doug Weight, Scott Mellanby, Valeri Bure and Martin Rucinsky, you can add Peter Cajanek...

So Boguniecki can say he got a full decent NHL season in his life.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Seph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Mo27 View Post
You'd think Nolan would like Asham
Before the season started, I would've thought so too. Plays that hard gritty game, and have similar ethnic backgrounds that are fairly uncommon in the NHL. But for whatever reason, Asham's just not getting any icetime. Part of that is that there have been so many penalties and Asham is not a special teams kind of guy. Simon sees time on the PP at least, which accounts for most of the difference between his time and Asham's. And Hilbert has seen some time in the top 6, which has given him more minutes than Asham. But even in the last game against Carolina, where Hilbert played the entire game on the 4th line, he got an extra 2minutes of ES time.

I suspect it's that Hilbert's a better skater (Asham actually has pretty good speed, but poor acceleration and no lateral movement), and that he's also a more reliable defensive player. Considering he also has some offensive talent, that defensive ability just makes him a better rounded player. He won't lay anyone out like Asham does (and does well, averages a hit ever 4 minutes of icetime), but he also won't be caught out of position either and tends to make safe plays, and is more likely to be able to make something happen when on the ice. I've actually been very pleasantly surprised with Hilbert's defensive game, even if his offensive game has thus far been lacking.