Notices

Alright everybody...

Old
10-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Gary

vCash: 500
Alright everybody...

TIMEOUT!

Just wondering what peoples thoughts on timeouts are? Personally-I HATE the fact that almost all coaches wait until the last 3 minutes of a game to call one.

Against St.Louis, After 2nd goal it was clear Bruins were flat. I would've called one then to try and wake the guys up. Against Buffalo...After the Hannu gaff you could see some of the B's hanging their heads, or shaking them. I think then would've been a good time to try and calm Hannu down, and pick the team up.

There always seems to be a point in a game where I think "NOW would be a good time for a timeout." Anyone else feel that way?

Thoughts?

Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

Personally, I think they should be allowed two time outs per game myself.

Coaches save it just in case they are down by one or two goals at the end and want to discuss a last minute strategy with the guys, hence why most won't use it up earlier in the game. It would be nice to see them use it earlier, like you said, to settle the guys down a bit or get some motivation on a team that's playing lifeless.

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 11:09 PM
radmcfad

Recent Bruins coaches seem to forget we have em' or haven't the foggiest idea about when to use them, including Lewis.

radmcfad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Tim O'Reilly

I think Mike Milbury was a perfect example of how and when to use them. I can remember when he coached them in a game vs the Rangers and he used it 5 minutes into the same to settle them down. That wasn't the first and only time he did that. On the other hand, I can remember him saying sometimes you have to let a team work things out themselves for their own good.

Tim O'Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Gary

I think Mike Milbury was a perfect example of how and when to use them

Also, I think Marc Crawford has a good read for timeouts...

Old
10-25-2006, 11:53 PM
BruinAddict

Don't forget about T.V. timeouts. Coaches could definitely run through a strategy, a play or settle someone down during one of those and I'm sure they do.

BruinAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:05 AM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinAddict View Post
Don't forget about T.V. timeouts. Coaches could definitely run through a strategy, a play or settle someone down during one of those and I'm sure they do.
That's true. But when a coach yells "timeout" when a club is playing poorly...People in TV land see this, the fans at the game see this, and it puts alot more pressure on the guys to go out there afterwards and show something. Puts them in the hot seat...Especially if a coach gets animated IMO.