HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal vs Buffalo

Old
10-26-2006, 02:59 PM
oop007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
No, I understand what you mean but there is a lot more to their system than only blocking shots. They probably have one of the most tenacious and creative offensive system.
Their offense is a direct effect of the shot blocking in many ways though. They jump on the puck from block shots. Score...

Also, I was only pointing out that it is one of their main strong points that contributes to much of their success.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 03:02 PM
oop007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Why don't you look up the roster of the Flyers in the mid-1970s? They had a number of highly skilled players as well as bullies. For example, Reggie Leach set a record for most goals in a playoff year (since broken). They had Bernie Parent in goal. There were others.
So what? The year the Red Wings only lost like 12? 13? games. The Sharks were among one of the worst teams in the league and managed to beat the wings. Doesn't mean ****.

Old
10-26-2006, 03:08 PM
oop007*

Saying the score would've been 7-1 instead of 4-1 if the sabres hadn't been playing 3 games in 4 days is I N S A N E. You'd have to be completely insane to think they'd be THAT much better having not played in 2 days as apose to playing a game a day after play 2 games. Still a one day break in between, that's just the dumbest thing I've ever heard man. 7-1... haven't seen Montreal take a 6 goal beating in a while.

And for the record... had they not pulled the goalie, it wud've for sure been a 3-1 game cuz there was 2 mins left in the 3rd with them on the PK.

WOW THEY GOT AN EMPTY NETTER.

Apart from that, it was pretty much a 2 goal game.

They didn't really outplay us THAT much. They got a lucky goal and gained momentum like any team would.

Fact is, they got lucky that game. If anything the first game we played them in was the game they really pulled off well. The first period of the game just the other day, they were playing HORRIBLE until the lucky goal. I was at the game. It was Montreal in THEIR zone setting up plays repedately. Then the unfortunate goal... momentum shift.... boom