HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey going to move a defenceman !

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2003, 02:28 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Gainey going to move a defenceman !

At the '' ligue en question '' they said that Gainey have say in '' The Gazette '' that he was going to move a d-man to improve his offence .

Which d-man will going ?

Souray ? I hope not

Markov ? I wouldn't take the risk

Brisebois ? With 4 millions who want him ?

Rivet ? A blind Gm could get him

Old
11-21-2003, 02:30 PM
Dutchy

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Just to be sure... What exactly was said in the interview? Anybody has a link to the article?

Not that I don't trust RDS, just that the facts could be twisted by a 3rd party.

Old
11-21-2003, 02:48 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Just to be sure... What exactly was said in the interview? Anybody has a link to the article?

Not that I don't trust RDS, just that the facts could be twisted by a 3rd party.
they must have read my comments yesterday on habfans.com...i commented saying we need to move a RD along with one of our veterant forwards and bring Komisarek in...

Old
11-21-2003, 02:50 PM
Traitor8

I saw la ligue en question too....

Gainey is ready to move...

Old
11-21-2003, 02:55 PM
SUOMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
I saw la ligue en question too....

Gainey is ready to move...
so...GO BOB...MAKE A MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I think he's talking about a young defenseman ...
my bet is on Hainsey !

Old
Dutchy

Yeah, but as HABS-65 pointed out, we don't have much bait to get some real firepower.

Old
11-21-2003, 02:58 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
I think he's talking about a young defenseman ...
my bet is on Hainsey !
What makes you think that? I would hope it'd be a right Dman (no matter which one) so we can finally bring up Komisarek. Unless he can get something extremely good for either Markov or Souray, I don't want to see them move. This would be non-sense. Hainsey? Yeah maybe. But it'd have to be something good too.

Old
11-21-2003, 03:04 PM
Jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
What makes you think that? I would hope it'd be a right Dman (no matter which one) so we can finally bring up Komisarek. Unless he can get something extremely good for either Markov or Souray, I don't want to see them move. This would be non-sense. Hainsey? Yeah maybe. But it'd have to be something good too.
why Hainsey ?
because he's a young potential QB defensemen with a great value around the league ... he could land us a good young player..
more than Brisebois,Quintal or Rivet..
+ we have bouillon right now and i fell he's doing his job.. he's not perfect but he's not that bad.. while for Hainsey there is no room for him on the top 4 defensemen for the future .. because Markov and Souray are over him because he's a LD ..
BTW maybe Gainey will try to land Gauthier at the same time..
I think that edmonton really need some help defensively ....
I think that the rumor stated before (edmonton-atlanta-montreal rumors) make some sense here..
Stoll played for CJ and he now what can he brings to his team...
Hainsey is a good project ... (with no room for him here in mtl)
and I think gainey will build for the future .. and don't acquire some big named players such as Iginla,Jagr etc... but more of young players prospects or picks...
anyway just my opinion ...

Old
11-21-2003, 03:42 PM
Habsaku

Theres always room for good players, do you think Bouillon is the type of player you build a team with? he's good at plugging holes but we need our D like Hainsey. He's got way too much talent to trade away unless what we get is a young bonafide 1st liner. I don't see how you would put Hainsey ahead of Quintal, Rivet and Brisebois as the most likely candidate to be traded. Hainsey can play both sides so the top 4 could actually be Souray, Hainsey, Markov and Komisarek which woould be pretty wicked. Quintal and Rivet should go way before Hainsey. Especially since we haven't even given him a chance.

EDIT: And how would trading Hainsey make room for KOmisarek? it would only make us even older, which we're trying to prevent btw.

Old
11-21-2003, 03:49 PM
Dutchy

I agree with what Habsaku is saying, but what Gainey supposedly said was that he was looking to improve our offence. I'm not sure anyone you mentioned could help us bring in a guy who can fill the net

Old
11-21-2003, 03:54 PM
Thomas

Send a message via MSN to Thomas
Hainsey

I still dont understand why so many people are down on Hainsey yet are so high on Komisarek. They are our future on the blueline along with Markov and Souray. You get rid of one of them and our D looks pathetically weak. Komisarek has the defensive ability and checking, while Hainsey has a wicked point shot, outlet pass and great skating. Thats a very nice top 4 in the future, if you subtract Hainsey, were stuck with AHLer Bouillon as our 4th defenseman.

Gainey hinted about Komisarek waiting in Hamilton when he does deserve a spot on the big club, so if a defenseman is moved within the next few weeks, I see it being Rivet, Brisebois or Quintal. One of these players will probably be added to a prospect in Hamilton or wherever in order to bring in some sort of scoring forward, most likely not a 25+ type of guy, but maybe a 15-20 player with size. Gainey also added we need scoring forwards with size in the article in the Gazette today. This is all still speculation and trying to read between the lines, but Gainey will start making his mark on this team shortly, and obviously a big winger who can score on occasion is what were missing.

Old
11-21-2003, 03:55 PM
Habsaku

I don't know what Gainey said so I can't comment. But maybe theres someway to trade Perreault+a RD+pick by eating parts of their salary. They are not that bad and Rivet has a good reputation around the league(for some reason).

Old
11-21-2003, 03:57 PM
Traitor8

From what I hear from Hockey Analysis...english and french... Bergeron, Demers, McGuire, McKenzie.. .etc...

Rivet seems to have a very good value around the league as a leader and as a defenseman who is solid and who is big and getting into his prime years. He might be traded for a very good forward who takes like 5-7 M $ or something.

Rivet,Sundstrom for Kovalev.

Value wise, we **** this deal but Sather has his eye on Jagr and Kovalev hasn't done anything in New York so you never know what he might do in Montreal...and Rangers need defensive help plus lots of Rangers fans love Sundstrom for some reason.

Perrault to Chicago for a 3rd.

Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik

Old
11-21-2003, 03:58 PM
Jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
I still dont understand why so many people are down on Hainsey yet are so high on Komisarek. They are our future on the blueline along with Markov and Souray. You get rid of one of them and our D looks pathetically weak. Komisarek has the defensive ability and checking, while Hainsey has a wicked point shot, outlet pass and great skating. Thats a very nice top 4 in the future, if you subtract Hainsey, were stuck with AHLer Bouillon as our 4th defenseman.

Gainey hinted about Komisarek waiting in Hamilton when he does deserve a spot on the big club, so if a defenseman is moved within the next few weeks, I see it being Rivet, Brisebois or Quintal. One of these players will probably be added to a prospect in Hamilton or wherever in order to bring in some sort of scoring forward, most likely not a 25+ type of guy, but maybe a 15-20 player with size. Gainey also added we need scoring forwards with size in the article in the Gazette today. This is all still speculation and trying to read between the lines, but Gainey will start making his mark on this team shortly, and obviously a big winger who can score on occasion is what were missing.
im not down on Hainsey ...
I just think we can move him ...

I would prefer to see Rivet or Quintal to leave .. but it's very hard...
I just think that a gritty prospect or young player with good potential would be really appreciated ...

Old
11-21-2003, 04:00 PM
Jeffrey

Quote:
From what I hear from Hockey Analysis...english and french... Bergeron, Demers, McGuire, McKenzie.. .etc...

Rivet seems to have a very good value around the league as a leader and as a defenseman who is solid and who is big and getting into his prime years. He might be traded for a very good forward who takes like 5-7 M $ or something.

Value wise, we **** this deal but Sather has his eye on Jagr and Kovalev hasn't done anything in New York so you never know what he might do in Montreal...and Rangers need defensive help plus lots of Rangers fans love Sundstrom for some reason.

Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
I hope so ... but don't hold your breath ...

Old
11-21-2003, 04:01 PM
Habsaku

Quote:

Gainey hinted about Komisarek waiting in Hamilton when he does deserve a spot on the big club, so if a defenseman is moved within the next few weeks, I see it being Rivet, Brisebois or Quintal.
exactly, if he hints at playing Komisarek, then trading Hainsey would make no sense since he doesn't take a spot. It would be more likely one of the other three and the way Brisebois is playing might give us a handsome return, Rivet is also well spoken of outside of the french media so he might as well get a good return for a contender. Quintal couldn't get us anything but we should trade him at the deadline to make room.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:03 PM
Habsaku

Quote:

Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik

I would absolutly kill for a deal like that(I really like Kovalev) but theres no way its gonna happen. We'd have to overpay to get Kovalev even though the Rags gave practicaly nothing for him.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:05 PM
Traitor8

Rivet:

Lang in Wsh
Kovalev in Nyr
Carter in Nyr
Lindros in Nyr
Elias in NJ ????
1st round pick of TOR ??

I would be happy if we an get Tor's 1st round pick

Old
11-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Jeffrey

Quote:
Rivet:

Lang in Wsh
Kovalev in Nyr
Carter in Nyr
Lindros in Nyr
Elias in NJ ????
1st round pick of TOR ??

about overrating a value of a player ... I don't he has that value ...
if he can bring us a 3rd round pick i'll be happy !

Old
11-21-2003, 04:17 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Gainey also added we need scoring forwards with size in the article in the Gazette today.
BTW anyone having this article under hand or can do a little summary? It could prevent the discusion/rumors from going in every directions and/or be wrongly interpreted. I hate commenting on a news or rumor when I don't have the source of it to see.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:36 PM
ShootOut

Send a message via ICQ to ShootOut Send a message via MSN to ShootOut
Quote:
Rivet:

Lang in Wsh
Kovalev in Nyr
Carter in Nyr
Lindros in Nyr
Elias in NJ ????
1st round pick of TOR ??

Only if we bring the GMs of said teams to a Celine Dion show and they become disgusted with life.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:37 PM
Mike8

Quote:
BTW anyone having this article under hand or can do a little summary? It could prevent the discusion/rumors from going in every directions and/or be wrongly interpreted. I hate commenting on a news or rumor when I don't have the source of it to see.
Excerpt from Red Fisher's article, quote from Gainey:

"Obviously, you have to score goals to win," Gainey said. "When I say that, I'm not telling anybody something they don't know. So why haven't we been doing it?" he asked. "Not everybody scores goals, but part of it is size, I suppose.

"We got a few in Vancouver the other night, but what I'd like to see from our players is to have them getting up more often out of the other team's crease. It's all about intensity," Gainey said. "I want to see them working like hell getting to rebounds around the other net. I want to see them involved in scrums. I want to see them in all kinds of scrums."

Old
11-21-2003, 04:42 PM
Thomas

Send a message via MSN to Thomas
Quote:
I got these quotes from Marc at 2 minutes, taken from the Gazette:

Quote:
''Right now, we're a team that's strongest on defence. It's where I feel we have the most depth, and we've got someone in the minors(Mike Komisarek) who perhaps should be with us right now. We've got guys, I feel, who are pretty mobile - who can do alot of things- but with the depth we have, maybe we can do something else with one of the players in another position.''

"Obviously, you have to score goals to win," Gainey said. "When I say that, I'm not telling anybody something they don't know. So why haven't we been doing it?" he asked. "Not everybody scores goals, but part of it is size, I suppose.

Old
11-21-2003, 04:57 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
I got these quotes from Marc at 2 minutes, taken from the Gazette:
''Right now, we're a team that's strongest on defence. It's where I feel we have the most depth, and we've got someone in the minors(Mike Komisarek) who perhaps should be with us right now. We've got guys, I feel, who are pretty mobile - who can do alot of things- but with the depth we have, maybe we can do something else with one of the players in another position.''

That just means they're gonna move Rivet permanently to right wing.

Closed Thread