HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Khabibulin

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Qubax

vCash: 500
Khabibulin

How has he been playing..?

I know his numbers are good...

But I also know numbers don't always tell the whole story...

How are is his rebounds control and second shot saves...?

Does he look conformtable...is he fundamentally playing well...?

Thanks

Old
11-23-2003, 05:18 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax
How has he been playing..?

I know his numbers are good...

But I also know numbers don't always tell the whole story...

How are is his rebounds control and second shot saves...?

Does he look conformtable...is he fundamentally playing well...?

Thanks
Just saw him play in front of a tired defense against the Canes and I must say that guy must have nerves of steel. Rebound control...EXCELLENT. Lateral movement...EXCELLENT. Vision through traffic....EXCELLENT. The Southeast Division is getting more & more exciting

I may be embellishing a bit, but this guy looks super human when he's on his game.

Old
11-23-2003, 05:21 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Indeed. Canes deserved two points in that one. If not for Khabibulin, the Bolts didn't stand a chance.

Old
11-23-2003, 06:57 PM
petec1978*

Oh look at you Canes fan. Weren't you the same guy who two starts ago was petulantly telling anyone who would listen that Khabi was about to go in a slump. Now he's great again huh?

Hypocrite.

-Pete Choquette

Old
11-24-2003, 12:02 AM
Rschmitz

There are only about 4 other goaltenders in this league good enough to play in front of Grahame.

Old
11-24-2003, 04:44 AM
Oceanic39*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC
There are only about 4 other goaltenders in this league good enough to play in front of Grahame.
You want to name those, Woody?

Old
11-24-2003, 06:52 AM
HughJass*

Quote:
Originally Posted by petec1978
Oh look at you Canes fan. Weren't you the same guy who two starts ago was petulantly telling anyone who would listen that Khabi was about to go in a slump. Now he's great again huh?

Hypocrite.

-Pete Choquette
Because it looked like he was. Khabby has a tendency to look outstanding for stretches, then he has a tendency to average for short ones. That's not being hypocritical. I don't see why you are trying to pick an argument.

Old
11-24-2003, 09:44 AM
petec1978*

Because I didn't appreciate you running down our players on a Panther board.

-Pete Choquette

Old
11-24-2003, 01:53 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Quote:
You're saying John Grahame is the 6th best netminder in the entire National Hockey League?! Have you EVER watched a team other than the Lightning? Dude, seriously. That's about the most absurd thing I've ever read on these boards, and you wouldn't believe some of the outrageous crap some people post. On the one hand, I'm glad you posted this on our board because if you'd said this on the NHL board you'd have done permanent, irreparable damage to the reputation of all Lightning fans. On the other hand, I wish you'd have never posted it anywhere at all, because coming here and reading this makes me wonder why I've wasted this much time on the Internet trying to talk hockey with people who clearly don't know the first thing about the sport. Please, man, check yourself before you post something like that. You're killing me over here.

Old
11-24-2003, 02:29 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:

What? I can name quite a few. Brodeur, Hasek, Belfour, Turco, Giguere, Luongo, Kolzig, etc.... I like Grahme too but there are more than 4 other goalies in the league who can start in front of him.

Old
11-25-2003, 05:04 AM
HughJass*

Quote:
Originally Posted by petec1978
Because I didn't appreciate you running down our players on a Panther board.

-Pete Choquette
Excuse me? I'm not recalling exactly what you speak of, but so what? This is just a message board. Take a chill pill.

If you look at what I say objectively, you'd realize I'm fair. If I slammed Khabby before (which you said I did), you realize I'm praising him now. I'm not going to sugar coat anything I say on the internet when I don't have to. You know why? Because it's the friggin internet. I criticize and I praise. No big deal. Don't take it that seriously.

Old
11-25-2003, 08:13 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHurricane16
If you look at what I say objectively, you'd realize I'm fair.
From this thread:
Quote:
From my knowledge of Somervuori, he's very over-rated by some people. I don't think he will ever be the NHL player some people think he will be. That's not saying much, but there you go. I'm usually correct on this sort of thing. I've been following scouting reports on alot of Europeans for the past couple of years.
Trashing players you've admittedly never even laid eyes on isn't really fair in my book. Granted, I've seen objectivity in your posts on other boards, but I don't think that's the case here.

Quote:
If I slammed Khabby before (which you said I did)
From this thread:
Quote:
I was hoping Khabibulin was going to start for you guys. He's looking like he's about to hit one of his skids.
This after he had a shutout in his previous game. I don't know about fair, but it doesn't show a real familiarity with Khabi and his record.

Old
11-26-2003, 04:34 AM
aapbolt

goalies

If I am not mistaken there was an article in the Tribune this week about the rankings of goaltenders and Grahamme was ranked 24th in the league and, I believe, that khabby was in the top 10, which gives us the best goaltending tandem in the NHL at this time. That was the thrust of the article. Sorry, i do not have the link to share.

Old
11-26-2003, 07:20 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt
If I am not mistaken there was an article in the Tribune this week about the rankings of goaltenders and Grahamme was ranked 24th in the league and, I believe, that khabby was in the top 10, which gives us the best goaltending tandem in the NHL at this time. That was the thrust of the article. Sorry, i do not have the link to share.
They were quoting the SI's NHL Preview issue of October 13th. They don't have it online, but this is what it said:

Khabi, ranked 4th, performance-expected to stay the same (FWIW, Brodeur was the only over-30 goalie designated "expected to improve")
Strengths: Outstanding positioning, patience forces shooters to make the first move, Weakness: Sometimes loses focus in key situations

Grahame, ranked 23rd, performance-expected to improve
Strength: Poise - doesn't get rattled easily
Weaknesses: Durability is questionable, does not battle through traffic to see initial shots.

Not crazy about that assessment of Grahame, but that ranking is quite nice.

Believe it or not, the SI preview stuff was actually good reading! The main focus was goalies, and there was an article on Fr-Can goalies, one on the guy who'll be checking goalie equipment this year, and one with a side-by-side photo comparison of current goalie equipment with some from the 80s. And who was chosen as model of oversized modern day goalie equipment you ask? Giggy? Nope, Luongo! Granted, they have him in last year's (now illegal) leg pads, but the side-by-side pics there are amazing. These gloves nowadays could double as fruit baskets.

Closed Thread