HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's going to happen?

Old
10-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Mookie008

vCash: 500
What's going to happen?

As a longtime Flyer fan on the west coast, I'm wondering what you all think the future holds - I've been reading all your posts and have really enjoyed them. You guys usually offer good insights.

I think that we've got the "Flyer Ship" pointed in the right direction. If something was going to happen last weekend was the time - Stevens has had enough practice time to give the boys an idea of how this thing is going to go. The kids need to start producing starting tonight and that includes Nitty!

I can't go through an entire season of watching them not compete! I didn't buy NHL Center Ice to watch one line do all the scoring and the rest of the team skate around like they didn't want to get in anyone's way.

MIX-UP THE LINES
GROW SOME NADS AND HIT SOMEBODY
START HITTING THE NET WITH THE PUCK

Mookie008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 04:50 PM
LePalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie008 View Post
The kids need to start producing starting tonight and that includes Nitty!
Thats right Nitty, get us some goals!

LePalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Jester

check.

this team still won't hit all that much... if Grant is getting more than 3 minutes of ice time i'm going to scream.

we can only hope... more importantly, when they hit the net... hope it goes in (2/87)

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 05:12 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie008 View Post
As a longtime Flyer fan on the west coast, I'm wondering what you all think the future holds - I've been reading all your posts and have really enjoyed them. You guys usually offer good insights.

I think that we've got the "Flyer Ship" pointed in the right direction. If something was going to happen last weekend was the time - Stevens has had enough practice time to give the boys an idea of how this thing is going to go. The kids need to start producing starting tonight and that includes Nitty!

I can't go through an entire season of watching them not compete! I didn't buy NHL Center Ice to watch one line do all the scoring and the rest of the team skate around like they didn't want to get in anyone's way.

MIX-UP THE LINES
GROW SOME NADS AND HIT SOMEBODY
START HITTING THE NET WITH THE PUCK

It's more than just mixing up the lines, hitting somebody and hitting the net with the puck. Part of the problem is that our power play was predictable. There was no sort of aggressiveness to the power play and it was very much confined with little movement. As well, for some reason or another, there seemed to be little use of a point shot. The power play seemed to be designed around the half wall. An aggressive power play with a someone who has a booming shot from the point should help improve numbers there.

As for mixing up the lines, part of the problem was that there wasn't any room for continuity allowed. Lines were always being changed, with the exception of the first. It's imperative that Stevens allow for some lines to develop some chemistry before making any changes. I like how he currently has the lines setup and I hope he leaves them together for more than a few shifts.

As for hitting, this team was a team that was centered on strong positional play over hitting. I think we'll see an element of that come back. The important thing with the hitting is that they'll have to pick their spots. We can't have everyone running around like mad trying to hit everything in sight. That's what causes players to fall out of position and end up having to chase someone down. However, if an opponent comes skating across the blueline with their head down, I expect one of Gauthier or Hatcher to knock them silly.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Broad st phantom

OH So you wanna know what the future holds

The Flyers will bounce back, and north NJ will simply dissapear from trash build up over the years wich led to making such diseases as aids. There population will simply vanish, Jesus will smile and the world will be a better place.

Maybee that was a little farfetched, but that would make one hell of a year.

Broad st phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 05:21 PM
TOCxNJ

its not so much just finding people to hit, but finishing your checks and taking the body instead of trying to strip the puck from some of these young and fast players.

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Mookie008

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackbox View Post
Thats right Nitty, get us some goals!
Come on you know what I'm saying - Nitty is ranked 20th w/ 2.99 GAA & 25th w/ .896 save percentage. If he did score tonight he would have more points this season then Richards or Calder

Mookie008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 05:48 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad st phantom View Post
OH So you wanna know what the future holds

The Flyers will bounce back, and north NJ will simply dissapear from trash build up over the years wich led to making such diseases as aids. There population will simply vanish, Jesus will smile and the world will be a better place.

Maybee that was a little farfetched, but that would make one hell of a year.
'Scuse me, Phantom. There are some of us who live in NJ who root for the correct hockey team and take offense to your post.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Broad st phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
'Scuse me, Phantom. There are some of us who live in NJ who root for the correct hockey team and take offense to your post.
i thought i was in the safe zone saying north NJ, i guess not . My apologies

Broad st phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 06:18 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad st phantom View Post
i thought i was in the safe zone saying north NJ, i guess not . My apologies
Just one more thing, if all that above happens, just give me the heads-up. I wouldn't mind our dumps, and all they encompass, going away and I chance to relocate would actually be fine with me.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 09:53 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1386
Just a prediction but I think the team makes a step in right direction tonight against Atlanta. Maybe even a shootout win.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote