Notices

Jeff Friesen

Old
10-29-2006, 12:56 PM
kruezer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan View Post
Actually of those teams, SJ and Edm did make some drastical changes that helped them made the playoff (Thornton, Pronger, Roloson) and the other two teams had hot shot rookies (Vanek, Getzlaf, Perry...) which the Flames dont have any.

Unless Tanguay gets going anytime soon, they are toast.
Thornton obviously made a difference, but I don't see how Pronger should be counted as a big change after there slow start, though obviously Roloson made a difference but that was way later in the season than we are right now. And I don't think that Vanek made enough of a difference to the Sabres last year to really be considered the reason they turned their season around, though you might be able to argue for Perry and Getzlaf in Anaheim.

That said, I wouldn't start panicking and making poor deals just for the sake of them right now, its not worthwhile.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by icbites View Post
Tell me Sutter didn't just sign this guy for $1.6 million to be a third/fourth line player on this team.

No, he planned to put Tanguay or Huselius on the third line.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Future_KLM_Pilot*

Tanguay would be my choice. Probably the only players he's had any sort of chemistry with so far are Stephane Yelle and Marcus Nilson.

Future_KLM_Pilot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 05:05 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Tanguay would be my choice. Probably the only players he's had any sort of chemistry with so far are Stephane Yelle and Marcus Nilson.
And you thought paying 1.6 mil to play a guy on the third line was a bad deal.

Damn.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Future_KLM_Pilot*

Quote:
Speaking of Friesen, 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points, 0 +/-, 0 PIM, 0 SOG last night. Great game there Freezy - zeros galore!
Another o-fer night for Freezy last night. Hasn't scored in 31 regular season games dating back to last season. I'm wondering what you guys think Friesen's future holds with the Flames. 1.6 mill is a lot of money to be paying a guy to play 8-10 minutes a night on your fourth line.

Old
11-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Quote:
Another o-fer night for Freezy last night. Hasn't scored in 31 regular season games dating back to last season. I'm wondering what you guys think Friesen's future holds with the Flames. 1.6 mill is a lot of money to be paying a guy to play 8-10 minutes a night on your fourth line.
Its obvious what his future is, with Nystrom, Taratukhin and Boyd ready to make the jump next year, but you really need to get it through your head that Friesen wasn't signed to be anymore than a third line player.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Future_KLM_Pilot*

I wasn't expecting him to be anything more than a third line player, but for 1.6 million, I was at least expecting 10-12 goals out of him. I can't believe how quickly this guy has lost his skill set - he's only 30. Up until the lockout he was consistently averaging 20+ goals a season.

I thought the new rules were supposed to help guys like him?

Last edited by Future_KLM_Pilot*: 11-24-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old
11-24-2006, 12:52 AM
abracanada

He hasn't lost his skill set, just his confidence. He is still aggressive, has the speed. He is convinced he can't score, and he has been pressed into a defense only role.

I wouldn't write him off.....he needs to get over the hump.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
I wasn't expecting him to be anything more than a third line player, but for 1.6 million, I was at least expecting 10-12 goals out of him. I can't believe how quickly this guy has lost his skill set - he's only 30. Up until the lockout he was consistently averaging 20+ goals a season.

I thought the new rules were supposed to help guys like him?
so you are saying in the remaing 60 games or so he can't get 10 goals??

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Future_KLM_Pilot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
The guy hasn't scored in 31 games, you think he'll get 10 in the next 60, averaging barely a shot a game?

Old
11-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
The guy hasn't scored in 31 games, you think he'll get 10 in the next 60, averaging barely a shot a game?
stranger things have happened... if Donovan can have an 18 goal season and Darcy Tucker can be tied for 2nd in the NHL in goals... why can't Friesen gain some confidence and average 1 goal every 5-6 games?... he's a streaky type player... if he gets 1 he could bury em in a few straight games

Old
11-25-2006, 12:36 PM
abracanada

Who knows if Friesen will score. I believe however, that there are more ways to contribute to a team than by providing offensive points. If Friesen can contribute to the Flames in a third line player role, and contributes in making the Flames a solid overall squad, then the only ones who should be upset, are his banker and agent because he will not command so much money next year.

If he does start producing, and he is able to become a threat during the playoffs, the only one who will be upset will be you because you would have once more been caught with your foot in your mouth. We still haven't forgotten your assurance that the Flames will never make the playoffs.

Old
11-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
No, he planned to put Tanguay or Huselius on the third line.
You honestly think Sutter signed Tanguay for $5 mil a season so he could play on the third line, your sure the sharpest knife in the drawer aren't you?

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2006, 01:35 PM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
You honestly think Sutter signed Tanguay for $5 mil a season so he could play on the third line, your sure the sharpest knife in the drawer aren't you?
There is a certain point in maturing developmentally where people begin to understand sarcasm. He was being sarcastic.

Old
11-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Future_KLM_Pilot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
We still haven't forgotten your assurance that the Flames will never make the playoffs.
I never said 'never,' I said they won't make the playoffs THIS season. And if the playoffs started today, I'd once again be correct.

Old
11-25-2006, 05:57 PM
abracanada

Quote:
I never said 'never,' I said they won't make the playoffs THIS season. And if the playoffs started today, I'd once again be correct.
I meant you said the Flames will never make the playoffs this season. Yea, with the Flames playing quite a few less games played than some of the teams they are scrapping with for a spot. They are out of the playoffs sort of, now. Things are far from resolved however, so I would cool your jets on the Icky was right again float. That is one parade I don't believe we will be seeing too often.

Old
11-26-2006, 01:43 AM
Future_KLM_Pilot*

The Flames fall further down the standings tonight. This is a marginal (7th-10th place) team at best, hate to say it.

Old
11-26-2006, 03:19 AM
abracanada

Flames do well, you are nowhere to be seen, then things start to go bad, and sure enough, there you are. Don't tell me you "hate to say it", you love to say it.

Takes all types I guess.

Old
11-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Future_KLM_Pilot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Jeff Friesen: 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 +/-, 0 SOG, 0 PIM tonight.

Why is this guy still on the team?

Old
11-26-2006, 10:43 PM
Future_KLM_Pilot*

Quote:
I meant you said the Flames will never make the playoffs this season. Yea, with the Flames playing quite a few less games played than some of the teams they are scrapping with for a spot. They are out of the playoffs sort of, now. Things are far from resolved however, so I would cool your jets on the Icky was right again float. That is one parade I don't believe we will be seeing too often.
You sure 'bout that? I think it's a parade we'll be seeing again soon, like in April for example when the Flames will be getting ready to hit the links. Even if they do manage to get that 8th spot do you really think they'll stand a chance against a team like the Ducks? They'll just toss us to the curb like a piece of trash (like they did last season.)

Old
11-26-2006, 11:22 PM
abracanada

There he is, lurking around like usual. Waiting for a chance to kick the Flames and their fans when they are down. Then scamper off to parts unknown when things are going well. I understand why you masquerade as a Flames fan. It is the only way you get to come back and gloat without getting your sorry *** banned. I think it should be anyway. You are nothing but a sneaky troll.

Old
11-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
There he is, lurking around like usual. Waiting for a chance to kick the Flames and their fans when they are down. Then scamper off to parts unknown when things are going well. I understand why you masquerade as a Flames fan. It is the only way you get to come back and gloat without getting your sorry *** banned. I think it should be anyway. You are nothing but a sneaky troll.
it didnt work for him on CF.com they banned him permanently for posting this same crap

Old
11-27-2006, 01:18 AM
abracanada

So which of Tanguay or Huselius would you send down to play on the third line so that Friesen could get more ice time genious?

Last edited by abracanada: 11-27-2006 at 01:31 AM.
Old
11-27-2006, 07:25 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
So which of Tanguay or Huselius would you send down to play on the third line so that Friesen could get more ice time genious?
It's more than a little ironic to misspell GENIUS isn't it?

As for Friesen, there's definately something wrong with him. He has the ability to score and the fact that he hasn't done anything for two seasons now is pretty suspicious. The Flames didn't sign him to just be another body, he was brought in to provide some secondary offense. In that regard he's been a massive disappointment.

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 08:40 AM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
It's more than a little ironic to misspell GENIUS isn't it?

As for Friesen, there's definately something wrong with him. He has the ability to score and the fact that he hasn't done anything for two seasons now is pretty suspicious. The Flames didn't sign him to just be another body, he was brought in to provide some secondary offense. In that regard he's been a massive disappointment.
It might be if I was calling myself one spell checker.

Last season was injury filled. This year, his ice time is severely limited. Now tell me, who would you put on the third line rather than Friesen?