HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Feelings about opposing players

Old
10-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Feelings about opposing players

The Bruins fans have been less scathing in their references about the Habs since Ribeiro's departure. Their leading target is now Markov (for his alleged diving), but there's not the same passion. It's amazing what a lightning rod Ribeiro has been for fans around the NHL. I wonder if there's any Bruin the Habs fans especially dislike. It's obvious who the most hated Leaf is: DT. Justin Williams wins hands down for the Hurricanes.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:33 AM
hab

its that pink Beret he wore, that made me instantly hate him too, but at least

he doesn't listen to nickleback

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
The Bruins fans have been less scathing in their references about the Habs since Ribeiro's departure. Their leading target is now Markov (for his alleged diving), but there's not the same passion. It's amazing what a lightning rod Ribeiro has been for fans around the NHL. I wonder if there's any Bruin the Habs fans especially dislike. It's obvious who the most hated Leaf is: DT. Justin Williams wins hands down for the Hurricanes.
I'm trying to think of a Bruin I dislike... I guess it ends up being Chara, but just because he has been tough to play against as a Sen, not really a true hatred there or anything. Their roster has changed so much over the last couple of seasons that we really haven't had time to develop the individual rivalries there, and most of our games against them over that period have been good times for us.

I still haven't figured out if Markov is truly a diver or if he just has an astonishingly low pain threshold, but he's certainly an easy and obvious target if you want to pick out a player on that general basis. Hopefully Begin or Murray or Komisarek can start to get under their skins for other reasons. I kind of wish we had some more "annoying" shut-down style players... Bonk, Johnson, Plekanec most of our dependable middle-lineup guys are effective-but-passive. It will be interesting to see if we can get some of the old Keane/Skrudland/McPhee/Lemieux/etc type of grit checking in as guys like Lapierre and Chipchura progress. Begin has room to step up there too. I don't know that Murray really does. Hopefully further down the road Ryan White will. Having the B's fans hate us for more than just our diving would be nice.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:38 AM
DicAnns

they're alright for now...

but man: bill guerin, kyle mclaren, mike knuble

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:51 AM
Judge Sauer*

McLaren when he was with the Bruins, I can't think of anyone right now. I suggested a Koivu/Bergeron fight to get the rivalry started again on their board, what do you think?
I hated hearing the rumour of McLaren coming over to the Habs the season after he had given Zednik that cheap shot.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:56 AM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I'm trying to think of a Bruin I dislike... I guess it ends up being Chara, but just because he has been tough to play against as a Sen, not really a true hatred there or anything. Their roster has changed so much over the last couple of seasons that we really haven't had time to develop the individual rivalries there, and most of our games against them over that period have been good times for us.

I still haven't figured out if Markov is truly a diver or if he just has an astonishingly low pain threshold, but he's certainly an easy and obvious target if you want to pick out a player on that general basis. Hopefully Begin or Murray or Komisarek can start to get under their skins for other reasons. I kind of wish we had some more "annoying" shut-down style players... Bonk, Johnson, Plekanec most of our dependable middle-lineup guys are effective-but-passive. It will be interesting to see if we can get some of the old Keane/Skrudland/McPhee/Lemieux/etc type of grit checking in as guys like Lapierre and Chipchura progress. Begin has room to step up there too. I don't know that Murray really does. Hopefully further down the road Ryan White will. Having the B's fans hate us for more than just our diving would be nice.
I've never really been a Chara fan, he kinda gives me the MEH feeling.....as far as dislikeing a Boo'n I think Savard will quickly rise up the charts. He's kinda like Ribs but plays hockey.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Guy Caballero

The Bruins' players are all whitebread, with the exception of a couple of guys. Tough to generate any hate. Not that it matters, though. There's enough bad blood between us that the uniform itself is all it takes.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Gros Bill

I don't really hate any individual player, mainly because the season hasn't started (in that we haven't played the bruins yet). But I hate 'em collectively, for the ugly uniform, their drunken fans, their delusions of grandeur and their overall flatulence.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Drive425

I don't think the Bruins should be very mad about Ribeiro or any other player in the league when it comes to diving. I remember "The Rat"Ken Linsman and all the diving he used to do when he was with Boston. Let's face it, when you get a league wide nickname like "The Rat" you must be a gold medal winning olympic diver! No sympathy here for Boston as far as I'm concerned. Too bad Ribs didn't do it at least a dozen more times!!!

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:37 AM
felixd

I always hated Chara even when he was on Ottawa. Now I hate him like 10 times more.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:49 AM
LePoche69

I guess with his golden boy type (even if it's not on purpose), once he'll blossom, Kessel will be pretty easy to hate for us habs' fans...

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Quiet Robert

Come on guys, we can do better than this. Let's get the ball rolling here, generate some hate.

-Savard is a pansy. Biggest ****** in the league.

-Kessel is pretty gay. Arrogant tool.

Okay that's all I could come up with. There used to be so many players I hated on that team, but they're just a bunch of generic tools these days. Not many outspoken players you can hate.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 11:58 AM
MacHabs93

Patrice Bergeron

He's from around QC city and was a Nordiques fan as a child.

'nuff said.

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Russeltown

Sergei Samsonov

On a serious note.. Marc Savard

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:03 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
I don't really hate any individual player, mainly because the season hasn't started (in that we haven't played the bruins yet). But I hate 'em collectively, for the ugly uniform, their drunken fans, their delusions of grandeur and their overall flatulence.
Hey, yeah you, you callin' me a Bruins fan ?

I guess Savard on Boston. I remember the cheapshot on Koivu. It was with the Thrashers though. For some reason, I really hate the Thrashers.

I was prepared to hate Bergeron, but the guy's a pleasure to watch play. Maybe by 7, I'll hate him again though.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:05 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHabs93 View Post
Patrice Bergeron

He's from around QC city and was a Nordiques fan as a child.

'nuff said.
+1 He's also a Hab killer.

Add Per Johan Axelsson, another guy who absolutely kills the Canadiens.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Mike8

I like Bergeron a whole lot in Boston. Otherwise, I'm not sure... I enjoy watching Chara play. Outside of those two, Sturm is okay... but the rest of the team is more or less bland as far as personality goes. There's no player on the B's that is particularly dislikeable at this point. Maybe Kessel will develop into a dislikeable player.

Oh, just read McPhee's post: Savard's a good one. I'd like to see him prove to be the defensive liability he is tonight.

The Thrashers are/were dislikeable because they surrounded their Kovalchuk/Heatley duo with thugs. A few years ago, they were constantly pulling cheapshots, especially at the end of games. I'm surprised it never escalated into any real incident.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:11 PM
AHF

Send a message via MSN to AHF
Nick Boynton was an absolute moron, but he's gone too. Same for Hal Gill.

Bergeron would be the only one left I really hate. I can't stand him.

AHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:13 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I like Bergeron a whole lot in Boston. Otherwise, I'm not sure... I enjoy watching Chara play. Outside of those two, Sturm is okay... but the rest of the team is more or less bland as far as personality goes. There's no player on the B's that is particularly dislikeable at this point. Maybe Kessel will develop into a dislikeable player.

Oh, just read McPhee's post: Savard's a good one. I'd like to see him prove to be the defensive liability he is tonight.

The Thrashers are/were dislikeable because they surrounded their Kovalchuk/Heatley duo with thugs. A few years ago, they were constantly pulling cheapshots, especially at the end of games. I'm surprised it never escalated into any real incident.
They always seemed to have some sneaky little guys who wouldn't back anything up.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Mike8

Yeah. They had a few borderline guys like Vigier. Then a devilish guy like Petrovicky. Then a few that could throw 'em, like Hordichuk, Exelby and some goon I'm forgetting. Lessard I think his name is.

Hartley used thug-tactics in Colorado at times too.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:41 PM
SerialSeb

Boston just really isn't the same anymore massive changes in the pass 2 years.

Just not any real hateble guys on there anymore.
Sure Savard is a ****** but come'on that's the best they can do...

Remember that *** wipe that clothleslined Zednik. I hated that guy.

SerialSeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Tuggy

I don't care what player is wearing that uniform but I hate everything Boston Bruins. Sure I've disliked some more then others but as long as they play in Boston, I will cheer against them.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Carbo N8

I hate every player that doesn't wear the CH. If it was good enough for Fergie, it's good enough for me.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 02:32 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Glen Murray, only because he's such a cling-on from Thornton, and is now asking to be traded. What an idiot.. trying to blame Boston for the reason he's not doing well.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS View Post
I've never really been a Chara fan, he kinda gives me the MEH feeling.....as far as dislikeing a Boo'n I think Savard will quickly rise up the charts. He's kinda like Ribs but plays hockey.
Funny you should say that as Ribs has more points with worse linemates.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote