HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who's the starting goalie on Sat. ? ( No opinons please )

Old
10-27-2006, 07:56 AM
Carbonneau

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau

Carbonneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 08:01 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1651
Havent heard nething about it, we will probably find out sometime during the day

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Carbonneau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Havent heard nething about it, we will probably find out sometime during the day
Hopefully soon..i'm banking on Aebisher for my yahoo pool

Old
10-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonneau View Post
Hopefully soon..i'm banking on Aebisher for my yahoo pool
so am I, I expect it to be him. Huet has played 2 in a row, He is improoving but still struggled yesterday (in my pov). abby was doing well, deserves to see some action this week

Old
10-27-2006, 10:32 AM
hab

I am hoping huet, last night was a step toward getting back into last seasons form,

a couple good games in a row would be the way to go. No offence to abby, but

I dont think he can be that top 5 goalie for long stretches like huet did last

year

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Carbonneau

Looks like Aebisher will be starting saturday night according to ESPN Fantasy news

Old
10-27-2006, 01:03 PM
22SteveBegin22

Ketchup is the best flavor of potato chips.

(sorry, when I saw the title of this thread, I had to put an opinion in here)

22SteveBegin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 01:08 PM
LePoche69

I never had any opinons. What is it? Is like onions or something?

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 01:12 PM
PERPETUALSMILEZ

So far this season seems like each goalie has been playing 2 games in a row.....if that's the case looks like Abby will be in nets

PERPETUALSMILEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I never had any opinons. What is it? Is like onions or something?
Everybody has an opinion (okay, except LePoche69). Does everybody have an onion?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 01:17 PM
LePoche69

Oh! "opin - I - on" !! OK! I understand now!

...well, I don't have any.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 02:12 PM
psychonaut

Quote:
so am I, I expect it to be him. Huet has played 2 in a row, He is improoving but still struggled yesterday (in my pov). abby was doing well, deserves to see some action this week
You think Huet had a bad night?

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 02:35 PM
CalHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
You really want my opinion?

CalHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:

he didnt have a great night

Ive said it 10 times already, when you see a goalie throwing himself at a puck the way he was last night, means he was out of position or down to early, so yea he had a bad night. was it better then the rest of his performances? yes, it was, but still nothing like the Cristobal we have come to expect.

Old
10-27-2006, 02:55 PM
psychonaut

Quote:
he didnt have a great night

Ive said it 10 times already, when you see a goalie throwing himself at a puck the way he was last night, means he was out of position or down to early, so yea he had a bad night. was it better then the rest of his performances? yes, it was, but still nothing like the Cristobal we have come to expect.
But he would go down to early last year to. I thought he had a good game, but I don't think he will be the Huet we saw last year, hope im wrong but... He will have game here and there good one bad ones, but I don't think he could pull off those kind of stats.

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
But he would go down to early last year to. I thought he had a good game, but I don't think he will be the Huet we saw last year, hope im wrong but... He will have game here and there good one bad ones, but I don't think he could pull off those kind of stats.
It wasnt as bad last season as it is this season, especially since the book is out and people constantly shoot up stairs on him.

I havent said nething about it, but Chara's goal last night, i dont care how hard that shot was, he had no reason to be down.

On Monday when Drury scored short handed, Huet was down and out of his net before the shot was taken, even i would have put that in.

He has got to learn to stay on his feet if he wants to be solid. I know its not easy, It's the most dificult thing to do for a goalie (change style of play when he's used to it), but it has to be changed, he will get burnt all year long.

I wish i could say how he could work on staying on his feet, but i cant, One of the goalies i coach has the same problem, he's always down and teams constantly shoot high.

But like mentioned elsewhere on the forums, lets not complain to much, we still have 2 goalies who make the stops more often then not and we should be happy with it.

Old
10-27-2006, 03:48 PM
oli500

Quote:
I havent said nething about it, but Chara's goal last night, i dont care how hard that shot was, he had no reason to be down
sorry but its not the first time chara score with his shot and its not the last time he scores with that kind of a shot. Im sorry but not alot of goalies can stop chara shot and not alot of goalies would off made that save yesterday. As for the first goal it was all komisarek fault. You just dont give up the puck the way he did. Huet was very confident last night. Made the key saves he had to make. Was moving well in his crease and was the diference maker in the win especialy when the bruins had the chance to jump all over the lead.

Now for saturday goalie carbo going to go with abby because abby plays well vs the leafs this dating back from last year with the avalanche.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 03:53 PM
Carbonneau

way to ruin the thread ladies and turn it into another negative habs thread

Old
10-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
sorry but its not the first time chara score with his shot and its not the last time he scores with that kind of a shot. Im sorry but not alot of goalies can stop chara shot and not alot of goalies would off made that save yesterday. As for the first goal it was all komisarek fault. You just dont give up the puck the way he did. Huet was very confident last night. Made the key saves he had to make. Was moving well in his crease and was the diference maker in the win especialy when the bruins had the chance to jump all over the lead.

Now for saturday goalie carbo going to go with abby because abby plays well vs the leafs this dating back from last year with the avalanche.

I didnt say Chara hasnt scored with the shot, and Im not saying Huet would have stopped it if he stood up, it was a bomb, but it was still a high shot and Huet should have been up.

Noone has faulted him on the first goal.

I said he was better then past games and yes he was confident, but he still wasnt his best. He was all over the place at certain points, did you not notice him leaping like 4-5 times during the game? Am I the only one who saw this?

Old
10-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonneau View Post
way to ruin the thread ladies and turn it into another negative habs thread
I dont see how we ruined it.. were talking about Huet and how he has improoved but still needs to get even better.

Old
10-27-2006, 04:14 PM
22SteveBegin22

I think it's ruined, and this is coming from a guy who posted about potato chips in a goalie thread. No one would blame Huet for the 1st goal, it was Komo's bad turnover; and the Chara goal would have gotten by 95% of goalies in the NHL. He didn't let in any bad ones, made some key saves at key times, did a good job either not giving up rebounds or directing them out of danger... I'd say it was a good night. Not perfect, but good, and a step in the right direction.

GO HABS GO

22SteveBegin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:24 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22SteveBegin22 View Post
I think it's ruined, and this is coming from a guy who posted about potato chips in a goalie thread. No one would blame Huet for the 1st goal, it was Komo's bad turnover; and the Chara goal would have gotten by 95% of goalies in the NHL. He didn't let in any bad ones, made some key saves at key times, did a good job either not giving up rebounds or directing them out of danger... I'd say it was a good night. Not perfect, but good, and a step in the right direction.

GO HABS GO

I said it was a step in the right direction. and I said it was good, but not great. When i said bad, i didnt mean it was awful. I meant its still not up to par with what Huet is capable of doing.

Whether you like it or not tho, although he made the saves, he still was caught on the floor and had to lundge at some pucks in situations that should have been routine saves.

Old
10-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
you are pushing it way to much.

99 goalies out of 100 does NOT stop that Chara shot on the 5 on 3 last night. Especially with bodies in front of Huet.

And the 1 who would? it would have been a result of staying up because he didnt saw a shot was coming...

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Drakkar

Quote:
I didnt say Chara hasnt scored with the shot, and Im not saying Huet would have stopped it if he stood up, it was a bomb, but it was still a high shot and Huet should have been up.
No goalie would have stayed up on that shot, believe me. On a hard shot like this, you just go into a butterfly position and hope for the best. You don't have time to realize if it's going high or low.

Yvon Pedneault might share your opinion, but he doesn't know squat about goalies.

Drakkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkar View Post
No goalie would have stayed up on that shot, believe me. On a hard shot like this, you just go into a butterfly position and hope for the best. You don't have time to realize if it's going high or low.

Yvon Pedneault might share your opinion, but he doesn't know squat about goalies.
I was a goalie for 9 years and have been a goalie coach for the last 6 years.. I know if a goalie has time or not. Did you not see the Habs player (not sure who it is) go down to block the shot? that means the bottom is covered.. now the goalie stays up and covers the top. and if a goalie HOPES for the best, he's not a goalie.. that was a wrong comment, you dont hope for the best, u bust ur behind to make the same. watch the replay, Huet didnt go down and hope for the best, after he was down, he swung his arm up high in an attempt to stop it.