HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Difference between Hitch & Stevens...

Old
10-27-2006, 03:30 PM
BBz

vCash: 500
The Difference between Hitch & Stevens...

Its pretty obvious even after 1 game and 4 practice's that I have seen. The young kids are being used in positions Hitch refused to let them in. Take notice, Mike Richards, was used as a shut down center ,and to his credit and his lines credit , they had a super game. He was out there killing penalties with Jeff Carter and RJ umberger and they had 3 short handed opportunity's against a very solid PP unit. Carter with his speed and long reach always killed penalties in SSM and was very effective at it. When with the Phantoms JS had him killing penalties also, and he was very effective at it there also. Same with RJ, More responsibility added, and to his credit also, he looked like the RJ that was dominate with the Phantoms in the same role. Pitkanen, had his best effort tonight , and was all over the ice making play's behind the thrashers net and attacking the middle of the ice. Nittty was solid and will thrive under JS, Why because JS will let Esche know that Nitty is Number 1 and deal with it.Something Hitch was afraid to do, with his we have 2 number ones Rhetoric. Lars Johnsson and Picard also played a solid game, yes each made a few mistakes but they are ALLOWED to make mistakes as long as they are learning from them and they are positive attempts that just went wrong. JS and this staff will not bench them, they will point it out to them and pat them on the back and send them out for his next shift. Something they(The Young kids) feared, rightly or wrongly with Hitch was a verbal bashing and a seat on the bench. My Pee wee coach taught me , you play better if your relaxed , and make mistakes when you are tight. Hmmm...

One game does not a season make, but the difference is very visible and REFRESHING to me . This team was fun to watch last night and that is something I could not say about this team earlier this year under Hitch....

This team will turn this around sooner then later under this staff IMO ,you can see it in the players hard work at practice and in there demeanor...
Anyone Notice as Peter Went off the ice after being announced as a star of the game what he did to Stevens head ??? That said allot to me ...
GOOD LUCK JS & CB & TM

BBz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Nuclear

besides that ones a whale and the other is human?

Nuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Winston Wolf

Niittymaki will start against the Penguins; Esche against the Blackhawks, per Stevens.

Pretty clear who he thinks the starter is.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
Niittymaki will start against the Penguins; Esche against the Blackhawks, per Stevens.

Pretty clear who he thinks the starter is.
That was clear to me before they canned Hitch.

A week ago the starts might have been switched around, but now Chicago is in serious injury trouble, and the Pens are kicking some *** with Malkin.

Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 06:16 PM
DeleteThisAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear View Post
besides that ones a whale and the other is human?
Please do not insult the whales.

DeleteThisAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:39 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBz View Post
Its pretty obvious even after 1 game and 4 practice's that I have seen. The young kids are being used in positions Hitch refused to let them in. Take notice, Mike Richards, was used as a shut down center ,and to his credit and his lines credit , they had a super game. He was out there killing penalties with Jeff Carter and RJ umberger and they had 3 short handed opportunity's against a very solid PP unit. Carter with his speed and long reach always killed penalties in SSM and was very effective at it. When with the Phantoms JS had him killing penalties also, and he was very effective at it there also. Same with RJ, More responsibility added, and to his credit also, he looked like the RJ that was dominate with the Phantoms in the same role. Pitkanen, had his best effort tonight , and was all over the ice making play's behind the thrashers net and attacking the middle of the ice. Nittty was solid and will thrive under JS, Why because JS will let Esche know that Nitty is Number 1 and deal with it.Something Hitch was afraid to do, with his we have 2 number ones Rhetoric. Lars Johnsson and Picard also played a solid game, yes each made a few mistakes but they are ALLOWED to make mistakes as long as they are learning from them and they are positive attempts that just went wrong. JS and this staff will not bench them, they will point it out to them and pat them on the back and send them out for his next shift. Something they(The Young kids) feared, rightly or wrongly with Hitch was a verbal bashing and a seat on the bench. My Pee wee coach taught me , you play better if your relaxed , and make mistakes when you are tight. Hmmm...

One game does not a season make, but the difference is very visible and REFRESHING to me . This team was fun to watch last night and that is something I could not say about this team earlier this year under Hitch....

This team will turn this around sooner then later under this staff IMO ,you can see it in the players hard work at practice and in there demeanor...
Anyone Notice as Peter Went off the ice after being announced as a star of the game what he did to Stevens head ??? That said allot to me ...
GOOD LUCK JS & CB & TM
Um, didn't Stevens go straight to the locker room as the game ended before the players even got off the ice?

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:43 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab View Post
Um, didn't Stevens go straight to the locker room as the game ended before the players even got off the ice?
No he was interviewed by Coates right where the bench meets the tunnel.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:56 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
No he was interviewed by Coates right where the bench meets the tunnel.
Could have sworn i seen him shake the assistant coaches hand and walk off. Maybe he came back? Well in any case, what did Forsberg do then? Didn't see.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 08:08 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab View Post
Could have sworn i seen him shake the assistant coaches hand and walk off. Maybe he came back? Well in any case, what did Forsberg do then? Didn't see.
Just rubbed his head as he went down the tunnel after being one of the 3 stars.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:17 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

The biggest difference is Stevens can actually fit into a Toyota Camry.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight25 View Post
The biggest difference is Stevens can actually fit into a Toyota Camry.
LOL!

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote