HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago-Mtl & Mtl-Tampa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2006, 03:54 PM
  #1
Louis Houde
Registered User
 
Louis Houde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Trois-rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,770
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Chicago-Mtl & Mtl-Tampa proposal

to Chicago :

Sergei Samsonov LW
7 million/2 years

and

two 3rd 2007 draft pick


to Montréal:

Tuomo Ruutu C
3,75 million/2 years
and
6th 2007 draft pick




to Tampa Bay:

Alexei Kovalev RW
13.5 million/3 years


to Montréal:

Martin St-louis RW
26,25 million/5 years


Explanation :
Chicago need skilled player like Samsonov to play with Havlat since Handzus is out for the season.Chicago are probably fed up with injuries status with Ruutu.

Montreal would take a chance with Ruutu, he is a skilled centre, what the Canadiens need and also there is a 1.65 million less on the Salary Cap Commitments.


St-Louis is struggeling hard since the beggening of the new season ( except yesterdays hattrick ). St-Louis could bounce back in Montreal because Martin plays great under pressure. Kovalev would enjoy Ruslan Fedotenko or Alexeev.

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:01 PM
  #2
Lupul*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,815
vCash: 500
I'm sure Chicago would totally want to make that trade.

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:50 PM
  #3
Chris Chelios
Registered User
 
Chris Chelios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
lol @ the hawks proposal

Chris Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 04:56 PM
  #4
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,842
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Me thinks not.

__________________
Champions overcome. Losers make excuses.
DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 05:00 PM
  #5
TheHoser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: English Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,307
vCash: 500
Sometimes I think people actually make these propasals simply to make us laugh. Most hilarious deal I've ever heard.

TheHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 05:12 PM
  #6
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Beukeboom Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 12,357
vCash: 500
Come on guys - he's got TWO (count them - TWO!!!!) third round draft picks coming back to Chicago to even things out!

In all seriousness - the Habs won't get anything for Samsonov right now. He's a guy who was a UFA 10 games ago, getting paid big money, and not producing at all. To think that you could get a potential 1st liner back for him at this point is just crazy.

Beukeboom Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 05:18 PM
  #7
Butchered
Tampa=Boston South
 
Butchered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 501
Country: United States
Posts: 4,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Butchered
I'd rather go a bit deeper before we look to send away St. Louis. Although, I think he has a NTC now in effect as well.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 06:18 PM
  #8
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado
 
billsandsabres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: troy, ny
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
montreal comes out way too clean in each deal

billsandsabres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 06:22 PM
  #9
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 80,834
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Come on guys - he's got TWO (count them - TWO!!!!) third round draft picks coming back to Chicago to even things out!
You guys are getting a great deal. Quit complaining and sign the effin' papers!

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
I still think there should be a section of people at MSG behind the visiting bench, in curly wigs, and dark rimmed glasses, calling themselves the Pidtophiles. - Zamboner
ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:20 PM
  #10
Gardebut30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,987
vCash: 50
Tallon makes this deal simply to show Pavel Vorobiev that he does indeed like Russians

Gardebut30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 07:23 PM
  #11
salty justice
Registered User
 
salty justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Albania
Posts: 7,196
vCash: 500
I would do Samsonov + Ryder for Ruutu + Cullimore

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 08:30 PM
  #12
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
I would do Samsonov + Ryder for Ruutu + Cullimore
You would be the only one then!

How many 30 goal scores do you think the Habs have, not to mention the Ryder--Koivu---Higgins line has been dynamite!

IF IT AIN'T BROKE...DON'T FIX IT!!!!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 08:38 PM
  #13
boomboom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
from MTL........NO

ST.Louis is small and his contract sucks (plus NTC)

Rutuu always hurt..so why pay someone not to play.

boomboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 09:19 PM
  #14
AvsGuy
Registered User
 
AvsGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Regina, Sk
Posts: 6,300
vCash: 500
Is Ruutu even half as good as he's always supposed to be?

AvsGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 09:23 PM
  #15
GSK*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Uzbekistan
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 2,909
vCash: 500
lol...
Samsonov have already accomplished something, got great career number, he's 28 (today its is birthday)...


Ruutu, yes he's good...BUT ALWAYS INJURED... Career high 23 goals rookie... Higgins have made that rookie like him. He already beat up the second season stats of Ruutu..

People overrated big time Ruutu with all his heatlty problem...

Samsonov + 3nd 2007 + 3nd 2007 vs Ruutu

I don't see why the Hawks get screwed ? They get off their team a guy who've played 97 NHL games since 2003... It will be near 4 years...

Anyway...................

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 09:26 PM
  #16
landfill
Registered User
 
landfill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 933
vCash: 500
Why does everyone keep trying to trade kovalav?

landfill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 09:41 PM
  #17
GSK*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Uzbekistan
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 2,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landfill View Post
Why does everyone keep trying to trade kovalav?
Because habs fan patient is so ******...

You can even compare them to a 5 years old children jerking around at christmas night waiting for his gift...


Kovalev will stay, he's the most important key of the team in playoff or even on the PP. (If we put aside the first line)

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 05:55 AM
  #18
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: EVIL EMPIRE
Country: United Nations
Posts: 60,216
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by landfill View Post
Why does everyone keep trying to trade kovalav?
cause fans have certain rules


1)Trade a guy when is struggling--cause he is bring down the team

2)trade a guy in midst of his breakout season cause he will not be able to repeat his success

__________________
"If the Detroit Red Wings are defying gravity" by consistently contending without the benefit of high draft picks, "the Edmonton Oilers are defying lift.

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 06:57 AM
  #19
The n00b King ©*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Scatbox-less :(
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,861
vCash: 500
Now that Ribeiro is gone, some of our fans HAVE to throw in the next scapegoat. And that's Samsonov and Kovalev.

Seriously. NO patience. 10 games in and some people already want to trade half the roster away.

Soldat Samsonov: serioulsy man, why'd you post that trade up?

At least they did'nt include the 2nd rounder + Aebischer

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 09:29 AM
  #20
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Beukeboom Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 12,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK View Post
lol...
Samsonov have already accomplished something, got great career number, he's 28 (today its is birthday)...


Ruutu, yes he's good...BUT ALWAYS INJURED... Career high 23 goals rookie... Higgins have made that rookie like him. He already beat up the second season stats of Ruutu..

People overrated big time Ruutu with all his heatlty problem...

Samsonov + 3nd 2007 + 3nd 2007 vs Ruutu

I don't see why the Hawks get screwed ? They get off their team a guy who've played 97 NHL games since 2003... It will be near 4 years...

Anyway...................
First, the 3rd round DP's probably have about a 10% chance of turning into a NHL player of substance (top 9 forward or top 4 d-man). It's always nice to stockpile picks but the Hawks have a very deep prospect base right now so the picks aren't as really needed.

Hawks fans are feeling screwed in the deal because Ruutu is a potential 1st liner, if he can stay healthy. I realize that's a HUGE concern, but there have been a ton of players that were injury prone early in their careers and then went on to very productive careers. Would the Habs have traded Koivu 4-5 years ago after he was beset by injuries for Donald Audette + a couple of picks?

Samsonov's a guy that's played his way (if traded) out of 3 franchises in the his last 30 regular season games. Does that tell you anything? How about if the Hawks were so gung ho to get him they would of tried to sign him as a UFA 2 months ago? I realize the Hawks have been crushed by injuries, but hopefully that doesn't mean that they do a desperation deal and take the pipe like this deal proposes.

Beukeboom Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 09:43 AM
  #21
mytor4*
 
mytor4*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
from MTL........NO

ST.Louis is small and his contract sucks (plus NTC)

Rutuu always hurt..so why pay someone not to play.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:07 AM
  #22
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
St.Louis and Kovalev are roughly equal in quality, but given St.Louis' contract and the fact he's owed double the money Kovalev is, makes that deal is a non-starter for the Habs.

Ruttu has way too much potential to give up in a deal for Samsonov. I know I'm going to get ripped on this one by my follow Hab fans, but I'd give up Latendresse and Samsonov for an opportunity to get Ruttu.

Just wondering if Hawk fans would consider a Samsonov for Aucoin trade?


Last edited by Psycho Papa Joe: 10-28-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:18 AM
  #23
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Samsonov's a guy that's played his way (if traded) out of 3 franchises in the his last 30 regular season games. Does that tell you anything? How about if the Hawks were so gung ho to get him they would of tried to sign him as a UFA 2 months ago?
That's a simplistic way of looking at things. So every traded player in this league has played himself out of their team? Never heard anything about Samsonov playing himself out of Boston or Edmonton. Boston were in rebuilding mode and chose to get assets for a soon to be UFA while Edmonton, and also the Hawks for that matter, I'm sure would have offered him a contract had his salary demands been more reasonable.

Also, who's that 3rd franchise? I hope you are not letting a few bipolar hab fans fool you, Samsonov, while subpar so far, has not been a disaster in Mtl, and has looked good playing on the 3rd line with Bonk and Johnson. It was more a matter of finding players he could have chemistry with. Kovalev was not that player. If he scores 2-3 goals in the next 5 games, those same trigger happy posters will come back here to let you know he's not available, so...


Last edited by Munchausen: 10-28-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:51 AM
  #24
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Beukeboom Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 12,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
That's a simplistic way of looking at things. So every traded player in this league has played himself out of their team? Never heard anything about Samsonov playing himself out of Boston or Edmonton. Boston were in rebuilding mode and chose to get assets for a soon to be UFA while Edmonton, and also the Hawks for that matter, I'm sure would have offered him a contract had his salary demands been more reasonable.

Also, who's that 3rd franchise? I hope you are not letting a few bipolar hab fans fool you, Samsonov, while subpar so far, has not been a disaster in Mtl, and has looked good playing on the 3rd line with Bonk and Johnson. It was more a matter of finding players he could have chemistry with. Kovalev was not that player. If he scores 2-3 goals in the next 5 games, those same trigger happy posters will come back here to let you know he's not available, so...
Hasn't Samsonov played for BOS, EDM & now MON over his last 30 regular season games? BOS apparently had no desire to resign Samsonov, and practically gave him away at the deadline. EDM also seemed to have no desire to resign Samsonov, and they signed Sykora - a guy they had no history with and who struggled last year. (IMO, it says something when a team would rather take a chance on a guy like Sykora than try to resign Samsonov).

I agree that rebuilding teams make decisions on UFA's, and it's not always a case of a team not wanting to keep a player. Is it odd to you though that both of Samsonov's teams from last year decided to not try and resign him, and they went and spent equivelant or more money on other players (Sykora & Savard). This isn't a case where rebuilding teams didn't want to spend the money, or they wanted a younger player. Samsonov was only 28 YO and both teams preferred to go in another direction. This might just be the grass always being greener on the other side - but it's "odd" to me that both teams would rather take chances on struggling or flawed players like Sykora & Savard than resign Samsonov.

Now, after 10 games, MON posters here are trying to move him already. I realize that it's very unlikely he'd get moved - BUT if Gainey was making calls - don't you think that all of that would taken into consideration? I realize that this is a situation where the original poster is just gauging value - but my point is that I would think that SS wouldn't have that much value right now.

Beukeboom Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:02 AM
  #25
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Hasn't Samsonov played for BOS, EDM & now MON over his last 30 regular season games? BOS apparently had no desire to resign Samsonov, and practically gave him away at the deadline. EDM also seemed to have no desire to resign Samsonov, and they signed Sykora - a guy they had no history with and who struggled last year. (IMO, it says something when a team would rather take a chance on a guy like Sykora than try to resign Samsonov).

I agree that rebuilding teams make decisions on UFA's, and it's not always a case of a team not wanting to keep a player. Is it odd to you though that both of Samsonov's teams from last year decided to not try and resign him, and they went and spent equivelant or more money on other players (Sykora & Savard). This isn't a case where rebuilding teams didn't want to spend the money, or they wanted a younger player. Samsonov was only 28 YO and both teams preferred to go in another direction. This might just be the grass always being greener on the other side - but it's "odd" to me that both teams would rather take chances on struggling or flawed players like Sykora & Savard than resign Samsonov.

Now, after 10 games, MON posters here are trying to move him already. I realize that it's very unlikely he'd get moved - BUT if Gainey was making calls - don't you think that all of that would taken into consideration? I realize that this is a situation where the original poster is just gauging value - but my point is that I would think that SS wouldn't have that much value right now.
You said played himself out of 3 oraganizations. He hasn't played himself out of Montreal by any stretch of the imagination. I was trying to explain, maybe you don't know, and that would make you the only one here, but there are a lot of emotional hab fans on these boards that would trade half the team away when a) the team loses 2 in a row b) a player doesn't score 2 games in a row c) it is raining outside that day. Those are the same posters who wanted to trade Ryder last year when he was struggling, or Koivu, or Bonk (notice how you no longer hear about Bonk), or any other player on the team.

Also, how do you know Edmonton, Boston or even the Hawks didn't make an offer to Samsonov? There were apparently a number of teams interested in his services, just not at the asking price of 3.5M, which is probably high for a player of his caliber. Nevertheless, don't try to paint the guy with a brush he doesn't deserve. One only had to look at him play in Boston, Edmonton and now Montreal to realize while he's not an impact player, he's certainly not useless and has value to any team in need of offense.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.