HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa-LA Proposal

Old
10-27-2006, 10:51 PM
hockydude5000

vCash: 500
Ottawa-LA Proposal

If Conroy is dealt at the deadline, in my opinion, he would go to an Eastern team that needs a proven top-line center. Teams of interest might include Atlanta, Ottawa, and the Rangers. Here is a trade proposal involving Ottawa, with Kaigorodov being the centerpiece of the deal. Kaigorodov is a good prospect, but is not getting very much ice time in Ottawa so far. With Conroy locked up for a couple seasons after this season, he would give Ottawa a real #2 center behind Spezza, and a great veteran presence on a very young team. Kaigorodov would make a great center behind Kopitar in the rebuild, and would probably succeed with the Kings. So basically, a proven #2 center for a future #2 center.

To Ottawa:
Craig Conroy
3rd Round Pick '08

To Los Angeles:
Alexei Kaigorodov
2nd Round Pick (from Havlat Trade) '08

hockydude5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Sens Rule

Done!!!!!! But I think Ottawa will need to pay more than that to get Conroy. And Conroy is signed for One more year at a reasonble price as well.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Kings could get more imo.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Mr_Jones*

I'd rather have Volchenkov and a 2nd.

Mr_Jones* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 11:51 PM
hockydude5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup 2007 Sens Rule! View Post
Done!!!!!! But I think Ottawa will need to pay more than that to get Conroy. And Conroy is signed for One more year at a reasonble price as well.
I know, but I was a bit hesitant to add what I thought was fair value. Last time I did that, I was slammed, and when your trade proposal involves prospects, I learned to be very careful. I would, in fact, replace the 2nd rounder with a 1st Rounder and add a 4th rounder to the deal, but decided to play it safe this time.

hockydude5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Michigan Wolverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup 2007 Sens Rule! View Post
I think Ottawa will need to pay more than that to get Conroy. And Conroy is signed for One more year at a reasonble price as well.
There are some militant hockey enthusiasts who would disagree with you in another concurrent thread involving Conroy.

You've single-handedly redeemed my opinion of Ottawa fans which took a serious hit after some Corvo-related trolling on the Kings board.

Last edited by Michigan Wolverine: 10-28-2006 at 12:25 AM.
Michigan Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Reaper45

Volchenkov makes more sense. Kings need a younger dman and hes good friends with Frolov. Id venture to say Volchenkov + 1st and a lesser pick/prospect.

Old
10-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Michigan Wolverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Volchenkov makes more sense. Kings need a younger dman and hes good friends with Frolov. Id venture to say Volchenkov + 1st and a lesser pick/prospect.
I agree that a defenseman makes more sense for the Kings, and Volchenkov would be a nice player for LA, but Ottawa is more likely to yield players who aren't contributing significantly to their cause, namely winning this season. Volchenkov will be a big contributor. Giving him up for Conroy would be a lateral move for them. Kaigorodov won't be a big contributor this year which is likely why the proposal was built around him.

Old
10-28-2006, 12:45 AM
The Fuhr*

I would pass on Conroy right now. The team is clicking offensivly and Fisher really is looking like a second line center. Alot can change over the course of the season but if Fisher is playing like he is then there is no need for Conroy especially at the cost of Volchenkov and a 1st. Also if Conroy does not pick up his play then the Kings wont get anything near that value if they move him, one assist in 11 games, I know points are not everything with him but if he wants to be a second line center he better start producing.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:18 AM
ARS

Quote:
No way that ever gets done from Ottawa's side

ARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:20 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Roddick View Post
No way that ever gets done from Ottawa's side
Why? Just about every Ottawa fan seems to be willing to deal Volchnekov, and your first would then end up being around 30th overall...

Old
10-28-2006, 01:28 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Why? Just about every Ottawa fan seems to be willing to deal Volchnekov, and your first would then end up being around 30th overall...
Volchenkov has begun picking up his play and is now becoming a defensive force once again. Sens fans get a little over dramatic we the team has a tough time winning and to be fair Volchenkov looked like crap to begin the season. Volchenkov leads the defense in hits and leads the team in blocked shots. He is a stabalizing force on the blueline and he is going to kill someone who has his head down crossing the blue line.

Volchenkov has turned it around and will not be going anywhere especially with Phillips and Pressing as UFAs at seasons end.

Conroy needs to pick his offense up to 1 assist in 11 games. Thats not second line center numbers.

Old
10-28-2006, 02:03 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Volchenkov is unlikely to be moved, as Muckler has had the plan of keeping depth back there for the playoff run. He leads the Sens in shorthanded time on ice and is a big reason why the PK is #1 in the league right now. He's also the most physical guy back there, on a relatively soft blueline. People overreacted to start the season and wanted him gone, and he's turned it around and been great in the last 6 games or so.

I'm a fan of getting Conroy, just don't know how it would be done.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 02:07 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
Conroy needs to pick his offense up to 1 assist in 11 games. Thats not second line center numbers.
Craig Conroy is currently being used as our 3rd line center since we dont have anyone as good as him defensively while McCauley is on IR. Hes playing with guys like Jeff Cowan, Scott Thornton, Raitis Ivanans, Tom Kostopolous and Sean Avery, hence the lack of production...

Put him with wingers like Alfredsson and Heatley, and he helps lead you to the Cup.....

Old
10-28-2006, 02:18 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Wolverine View Post
There are some militant hockey enthusiasts who would disagree with you in another concurrent thread involving Conroy.

You've single-handedly redeemed my opinion of Ottawa fans which took a serious hit after some Corvo-related trolling on the Kings board.
I don't know about Corvo trolling I never went to the Kings board but 8 points in 4 games for Corvo so far and with him being our best D-Man each fo the games he played, let us Sens fans have our Corvo enthusiam for NOW At LEAST!

As to Kaigodorov. He is a prospect. Right now Conroy is a FAR, FAR better player than Kaigs. Kaigs might get a lot better this year as he gets used to the NHL but he still is a project. He could have a lot of upside and might become a star, or a just a regular 2nd/3rd line centre. But he could also be a bust, or go back to Russia. The Sens are competing right now for a Cup. I don't think the Sens really need to make a trade but to get Conroy and not give up Eaves, or Vermette, or Volchenkov - really no one from our roster at all since Kaigs is getting about 2:00 per game. It just is a sweetheart deal for the Sens. The team is strengthened significantly and is not weakened at all and Conroy has a decent $$$ for next year as well so he could be dealt again if the cap need arose or someone else could.

It would be a great deal for Ottawa. Adding Conroy for really nothing that is helping us right now.

Old
10-28-2006, 02:21 AM
Reaper45

Kings dont need another center.

Old
10-28-2006, 02:30 AM
Sens Rule

Conroy doesn't need to be the 2nd line centre. He can play the 3rd line centre spot or 4th or 1st. Whatever. He is a super solid player in all aspects of the game and brings experience and leadership and for sure he is going to get his ice time. If he was swapped for Kaigodorov the Sens forwards could be:

Heatley-Spezza-Eaves
McAmmond-Conroy-Alfredsson
Schaeffer-Fisher-Neil
Kelly-Vermette-Hamel
Spares McGrattan (Schubert a D-Man)

That is one heck of a forward line-up. Every forward aside from Kelly is capable of 20 goals. You could just role the lines and not tire anyone out and all the lines aside from Spezza's would be stellar defensively too. Add in the offence from Corvo, Redden, Meszaros and Priessing on Defence and that line-up would be better than last seasons Sens line-up.... even with Chara and Havlat gone.

Old
10-28-2006, 03:11 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Craig Conroy is currently being used as our 3rd line center since we dont have anyone as good as him defensively while McCauley is on IR. Hes playing with guys like Jeff Cowan, Scott Thornton, Raitis Ivanans, Tom Kostopolous and Sean Avery, hence the lack of production...
Yes he is seeing third line ice time in terms of even strength ice time.

He is seeing 3:14 minutes a game of PP ice time. Is the second PP unit really that bad that they can not create anything with the ice time they get? And if its that bad is not Conroy one of the reasons its not going good?

I'm sure he will turn it around but can't really justify giving Volchenkov up for him.

Im more then happy with Vermette-Fisher-Neil as our second line and Schaefer-McAmmond-Alfredsson will make an excellent third line.

IMO Conroy is not needed in Ottawa.

Old
10-28-2006, 03:21 AM
OttawaGM

There is no way Ottawa deals a single player off their roster for a guy like Conroy. Muckler wouldn't move a Vermette or a Volchenkov last year, when they were playing less important minutes, for a guy like Doug Weight. Conroy is a second tier pickup that LA is trying to dump and that isn't producing at all. Most you'd get is a good propect and a 2nd round pick, Kaigorodov and a 2nd is an overpayment in itself.

I'm actually hoping Conroy makes it to Ottawa, but the return has to be less.

Edit: Not to mention deadline pickup forwards will be a dime a dozen this year with the number of UFA hitting the market.

Last edited by OttawaGM: 10-28-2006 at 05:32 AM.
OttawaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 04:21 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
i honestly don't understand this thing about conroy being able to garnish packages like this, not now, and after seeing that la/min game the other day.. wow, i believe i heard his name twice, both on dump ins.. he played awful (watched for him b/c of that conroy thread)...

he's gotta pick it up incredibly even to get the above package at the deadline imo

andora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 09:27 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Wolverine View Post

Hmmm, surprising they found their way to your board... considering some don't usually find it to ours (mainly speaking of Spartakus).

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 09:35 AM
Irish Blues

Quote:
I like Conroy quite a bit, but if Conroy brings back a 1st either (A) someone got desperate for help at center, or (B) it's an indication that GM's are going to be moving 1st's like merchandise at a "Going Out of Business" sale this year ... even if you're right about Ottawa winning and the pick becoming #30 overall.

10-28-2006, 10:41 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaGM View Post
There is no way Ottawa deals a single player off their roster for a guy like Conroy. Muckler wouldn't move a Vermette or a Volchenkov last year, when they were playing less important minutes, for a guy like Doug Weight. Conroy is a second tier pickup that LA is trying to dump and that isn't producing at all. Most you'd get is a good propect and a 2nd round pick, Kaigorodov and a 2nd is an overpayment in itself.

I'm actually hoping Conroy makes it to Ottawa, but the return has to be less.

Edit: Not to mention deadline pickup forwards will be a dime a dozen this year with the number of UFA hitting the market.
this man speaks the truth.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:53 AM
goggog

Quote:
Kings could get more imo.

goggog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Michigan Wolverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
Hmmm, surprising they found their way to your board... considering some don't usually find it to ours (mainly speaking of Spartakus).
So was I.