HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lukas Krajicek

Old
10-28-2006, 01:15 AM
SedinFan*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Lukas Krajicek

Just thought I'd give you guys an update on his play with Vancouver. He's logging over 20 minutes per game for the Canucks, as well as a monsterous 28:14 tonight.

He's a +2 with 2 points in 11 games this season.

I've been so impressed by his skating, absolutely amazing how quick he gets up in the play.

How's Allen doing?

SedinFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:46 AM
True North

Send a message via MSN to True North
Krajicek has been amazing and an absolute godsend on a defense that was very questionable coming into the season.

He's truly rounding into form, and realizing the potential that everyone seemed to think he had.

True North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 02:19 AM
Russian_fanatic

People said this guy was bad defensively, but really I don't think this is the same Krajicek. He has been a ROCK on the defensive end. He logged 28:14 today vs The Caps, and was on the ice everytime Ovechkin was out there.

He has been playing out of this world so far. His defensive skills are better than his offensive skills right now. He looks like he has top pairing defenseman written all over him, and he's having a great time out there. He may not be the most physical guy, but he is awesome at breaking up plays with his hockey stick.

IMO most of Krajicek's points will come off his crisp passes.

Russian_fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 03:10 AM
HPanther

I'm glad to hear that Krajicek is playing well. He has great potential to be a very good player, and I hope he gets there someday. Allen has been solid for us too. Even though he probably will not be a dominant player, he has an important role of complementing his defense partner - who has so far been Bouwmeester.

Good trade for both of us. Too bad Todd is injured.

HPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 03:27 AM
Crossbar

Other than having trouble handling forwards bigger than him (too often he resorted to bear-hugging to contain them), Lukas was always great positionally on defense for his age and experience here IMO. Much like Bouwmeester, the big question mark in his game was whether or not he could reach his offensive potential.

Allen has surprisingly been one of, if not, the best d-man on the team IMO. He has scored 1g-3a-4pts, added a big physical presence on the blueline, saved 2-3 goals from crossing over the goal line and blocked some key shots....Bouwmeester has benefitted the most by having someone reliable to cover the defensive end when he's rushing the puck up ice. Win-win deal IMO, Panthers had no Top 4 defensive d-men on the team or in their system (Mezei has mostly been just a 3rd pairing guy), but Allen and Salei have provided that so far.

Crossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 03:31 AM
SedinFan*

You'll get a poop load of blocked shots from Allen.

Old
10-28-2006, 03:46 AM
DreamCatcher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPanther View Post
I'm glad to hear that Krajicek is playing well. He has great potential to be a very good player, and I hope he gets there someday. Allen has been solid for us too. Even though he probably will not be a dominant player, he has an important role of complementing his defense partner - who has so far been Bouwmeester.

Good trade for both of us. Too bad Todd is injured.
don't kid yourself if the trade worked both ways,

Auld has been average and Bertuzzi has been the same lazy player he has always been. While Luongo has been playing like a vezina goaltender and Kraijeck suddenly playing like a number one defenceman. The 6th round pick Canucks recieved is also put to good use by drafting Sergei Shirokov with that pick who has put up Malkin numbers in the RSL at 20 years old. Only brightspot for Florida is Allen who is putting good numbers as well as good defensive play, props to him.

DreamCatcher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 03:57 AM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar View Post
Other than having trouble handling forwards bigger than him (too often he resorted to bear-hugging to contain them), Lukas was always great positionally on defense for his age and experience here IMO. Much like Bouwmeester, the big question mark in his game was whether or not he could reach his offensive potential.

Allen has surprisingly been one of, if not, the best d-man on the team IMO. He has scored 1g-3a-4pts, added a big physical presence on the blueline, saved 2-3 goals from crossing over the goal line and blocked some key shots....Bouwmeester has benefitted the most by having someone reliable to cover the defensive end when he's rushing the puck up ice. Win-win deal IMO, Panthers had no Top 4 defensive d-men on the team or in their system (Mezei has mostly been just a 3rd pairing guy), but Allen and Salei have provided that so far.
Allen scored? Nice! I always got the most excited after he potted one.

Finkle is Einhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 03:59 AM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Lukas Krajicek has been one of the best young d-men I have ever seen on the Canucks (although the sample space is small so far).

I am glad Allen is doing well but I don't know how Keenan let this stud go. Played near 30 minutes tonight, ran the PP. He is one of the best skaters in recent memory on this team.

hockeyfan125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 05:34 AM
F A N

Allen is awesome. He's the one guy that I hated see go in the Luongo deal.

F A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 08:27 AM
pixelslash

Krajicek has been very good, but a big part of that as well is the style of play our coach has implimented. It is much easier to look good on defense when your defensive partner is open for a pass when pressure is put on you. Also when your forwards are back for support and not rushing up the ice waiting for a 40 foot pass.

I would urge Canuck fans to take this into consideration before trying to rub any Panthers fans nose in anything. It isn't always as black and white as it may seem.

Last edited by ratmanfu: 10-29-2006 at 09:46 PM. Reason: quoted deleted post
pixelslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Luongogl*

whats the deal? Why are so many vancouver fans coming into our boards and posting about there players????

Luongogl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongogl View Post
whats the deal? Why are so many vancouver fans coming into our boards and posting about there players????
There bored

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:46 PM
HPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongogl View Post
I think it's great! And I have already decided with my friend that the Panthers and the Canucks will meet in the finals.

HPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:50 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

We figured that you would be interested in how your former players are doing. I have found that many Panther fans are very bitter towards outsiders. I frequent many boards (such as the Sabres to talk about Pyatt) and enjoy it when other fans update us on former players like Ruutu, Auld, Jovanovski, etc.

Old
10-28-2006, 01:52 PM
HockeySS19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyFourFingers View Post
We figured that you would be interested in how your former players are doing. I have found that many Panther fans are very bitter towards outsiders. I frequent many boards (such as the Sabres to talk about Pyatt) and enjoy it when other fans update us on former players like Ruutu, Auld, Jovanovski, etc.
I personally don't mind it at all if you update us on it.

Last edited by ratmanfu: 10-29-2006 at 09:46 PM. Reason: quoted deleted post
HockeySS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 02:59 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Quote:
I personally dont care to hear about them. Because usually they are bitter because we traded them and most of the time they blossom once there traded from Florida. So I dont like more salt in the wounds. Have plenty of that over the years. Also what does it matter.. There no longer our players I could give a r**s *** how there doing on the ice.

Last edited by Mogo: 10-28-2006 at 03:04 PM.
Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 03:16 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I personally dont care to hear about them. Because usually they are bitter because we traded them and most of the time they blossom once there traded from Florida. So I dont like more salt in the wounds. Have plenty of that over the years. Also what does it matter.. There no longer our players I could give a r**s *** how there doing on the ice.
nice.. It is a messageboard where people talk hockey.

Last edited by Happy Girl: 10-28-2006 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Flame
Old
10-28-2006, 03:17 PM
Lux Aurumque*

I've been amazed with Krajicek's play, as another poster indicated, he's one of the best young defenseman I've ever seen on the Canucks. I expect him to have a huge impact on the team over the next few years.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 03:17 PM
SedinFan*

Quote:
nice.. It is a messageboard where people talk hockey.
I second that.

Last edited by Happy Girl: 10-28-2006 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Flame
Old
10-28-2006, 03:31 PM
John Belushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Attack View Post
I second that.
You second everything.

John Belushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 03:55 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl View Post
Keep it civil folks.
fair enough, didn't mean to flame anyone.

Old
10-28-2006, 10:00 PM
SedinFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Mo27 View Post
You second everything.
I second you. Stud.

Old
10-29-2006, 01:51 AM
wpring

Good to hear Lukas is working out for you...as we mentioned Allen has come as promised, nothing spectacular but good in his own end. Def. a solid top 4 Dman. Bert looked great playing with Nieuwendyk at the start of the year but both are injured now. We have been impressed with Bert's passing and the effort definately appears to be there so we are looking forward to having him back in the lineup. Auld looked great at the start of the year and while he has had a couple tough games since I would say he has been better than expected. Given the Belfour has also played well for us it is tough to argue we would be better off having not done "the deal", assuming Bert makes a prompt and full recovery.

wpring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 02:48 AM
PantherBlood6*

at the time of the trade i said krajicek was the reason i was most upset about the deal. trading luongo had to happen, but the inclusion of krajicek was idiotic - and i suspect (purely speculation on my part, but it makes sense) that he moreso than luongo was what ended up splitting martin/keenan for good. martin liked krajicek, you could tell he did. he rode him hard early on and when krajicek started to wear down in the second half, he stayed with him. he has always been high on the euro-skill type and krajicek was the only one we had from the backline.

anyway, i wouldn't get overly excited yet. he is playing well, but he started off well last year too. (12 points in his first 27 games, 4 in his last 40...and florida was a far better team in the second half) i think he will eventually become a tomas kaberle-caliber defensman, but he still looks too frail and hesitant offensively to talk him up as much as canuck fans have been lately.

Last edited by Happy Girl: 10-29-2006 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Flame
PantherBlood6* is offline   Reply With Quote