HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The West Coast Trip

Old
10-28-2006, 10:32 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
The West Coast Trip

I feel strangely optimistic, if not for any other reason (good or bad), we will know alot about this team by the time the return to NY.

Phoenix looked sharp the other night vs Edmonton. Even Georges Laraque scored. Some nights everything works. I doubt Phoenix has the same effort.

The Kings who knows. But generally not a tough opponent. I thought they said last night the Kings are 0 for their last 23 on the PP. They have their 05-06 Prucha in Anze Kopitar.

As strong as Anaheim and San Jose are, they are both on the road with SJ in TB on Sunday and FLA on Tues, and Anaheim in Chicago tonight and STL on Monday. So at least they are not sitting at home nice and rested before the Rangers visit.

It's funny how its the same poo different city: Some anaheim fans think Pronger is too soft or has softened. Ok, ok, Pronger for Malik?

So to continue with the optimism, the Rangers can take 3 of 4, then take out the Sabres at home next Sunday.

abev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:28 AM
UAGoalieGuy

I'd like to see the Rangers be the first team to beat the Sabres next sunday. Will they make it to next sunday undefeated is the question. If the Rangers win 3 of 4 on this trip it will be a huge confidence boost as well. It all starts tonight and they must take it one game at a time though...

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Florida was what...winless on the road, a below .500 team, etc etc, and I thought for the bulk of the game they dominated us...well, that may be a stretch, but they seemed more hungry than us, and willing to do the little things it takes to win, and they played well in their own end.

You know what would say a lot? If the rangers go out and beat the coyotes by 6 goals, then do the same thing in LA before beating the 2 powerhouses. THEN ill he satisfied. But i'll tell ya, that Florida game coupled with what i saw in Toronto makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Yup tonight if they win will be a huge confidence boost, if they win decisivly I can see them taking 2-3 of the 4 games. It would be nice to break Buffalo's winning streak, but I have a feeling like its going to be broken before november 5th. I'm thinking that Atlanta has a good shot tonight.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 12:25 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Need to win 3 of 4

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 01:44 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
I'd be satisfied with a split out west to be honest. San Jose and Anaheim are two really good teams. My roomate is a Sharks fan from california so I watch San Jose out of most teams in the west and they are going to pick apart this defense like theres no tomorrow. With the way our defense has been playing, we should get killed by western conference teams like this. 2-2 on the west coast, especially the way our D has been playing, should be a reason to be happy.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 02:30 PM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I'd like to see the Rangers be the first team to beat the Sabres next sunday. Will they make it to next sunday undefeated is the question. If the Rangers win 3 of 4 on this trip it will be a huge confidence boost as well. It all starts tonight and they must take it one game at a time though...
Alot of people (sabres fans at that) are saying it's going to be the Rangers

here...
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=305213

I think they can do it if they play like they did for the first 15min of the last Buffalo game. As long as they play D that is.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 02:32 PM
NYR469

the only thing i'm optimistic about heading into the trip is the idea that the team will look different when it returns from the trip

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 02:34 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
Alot of people (sabres fans at that) are saying it's going to be the Rangers

here...
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=305213

I think they can do it if they play like they did for the first 15min of the last Buffalo game. As long as they play D that is.
the way the rangers are playing and the way the sabres are playing you are looking at like a 15-1 win for the sabres...the only way we have a shot is if buffalo takes us so lightly that they sleep walk thru 2 1/2 periods

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
the way the rangers are playing and the way the sabres are playing you are looking at like a 15-1 win for the sabres...the only way we have a shot is if buffalo takes us so lightly that they sleep walk thru 2 1/2 periods
Well I have to disagree, the first 15mins of the Buffalo/Ranger showed that the Rangers could hang with the Sabres. But after a bad goal the air let out and they just began over thinking and getting out of position. I think the Rangers can beat the Sabres, not blow them out, but beat them in a 4-3 type game. They just need to change their work ethic, the Rangers that is. I know easier said than done, but I think they can beat the Sabres.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 08:49 PM
shoothepuck

3 of 4 would be nice, but 2-2 is more optimistic. NY has to start tonights game like they want to win, and then try to play hockey for 60 minutes

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 09:51 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post

Nope Atlanta beat them tonight 5-4

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote