HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

comrie to LA?

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2003, 03:40 AM
Mr Sakich

vCash: 500
comrie to LA?

Bruce Dowbiggin (who is pretty plugged in with agents) is saying in today's calgary herald that the comrie chase is ending with two teams - The kings and ducks. His money was on the ducks as Comrie was a roomate in college with michael eisner's son so ther eis a close connection between comrie and ownership.

If it is the ducks, the trade would be made right after this weeks game with them.

Old
11-24-2003, 04:08 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
Bruce Dowbiggin (who is pretty plugged in with agents) is saying in today's calgary herald that the comrie chase is ending with two teams - The kings and ducks. His money was on the ducks as Comrie was a roomate in college with michael eisner's son so ther eis a close connection between comrie and ownership.

If it is the ducks, the trade would be made right after this weeks game with them.
Thanks Sak.

2 things, IMO, will happen. There will just be a Comrie for ....whoever...

OR

There will be a bigger deal in the works

In any case, I look forward to the Comrie thing ending.

Old
11-24-2003, 04:24 AM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

Quote:
We play the ducks this week?

http://www.edmontonoilers.com/schedule/index.html

Old
11-24-2003, 04:26 AM
GW

Comrie was never a roommate in college with anyone associated with Eisner; must have been in a different venue.

Quote:

Old
11-24-2003, 06:47 AM
FacelessButcher

Ducks on Dec 14th that's far..........

I hope things heat up again, I think Lowe put a damper on Comrie talks so as not to steal the thunder of the Heritage Classic.

Old
11-24-2003, 07:05 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
It'd be my bet that these would be the names Lowe would go after:
Chistov, Carney, Popovic, or Vishnevski

All three off them would see the most interesting to the OIlers IMO. To get two of them would be tough, but VERY possible:

Comrie, Laraque, Horcoff, third
for
Chistov, Carney, Popovic

Looks pretty even to me.

Old
11-24-2003, 07:38 AM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26

All three off them would see the most interesting to the OIlers IMO. To get two of them would be tough, but VERY possible:

for
Chistov, Carney, Popovic

Looks pretty even to me.
I think Comrie, Laraque, Horcoff

For lupal, Vishnevski, Bryzgalov better suits our present need better. We are deeper on Lw than we are on Rw and i think we need a Goal tender prospect ready to play as sson as next season because Salo is gone after this season

Old
11-24-2003, 08:03 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
I think Comrie, Laraque, Horcoff

For lupal, Vishnevski, Bryzgalov better suits our present need better. We are deeper on Lw than we are on Rw and i think we need a Goal tender prospect ready to play as sson as next season because Salo is gone after this season
There are all kinds of goalies out there that could be had for a 3rd-4th pick. A guy like Hlinka or Hurme would be easily obtained and would suit us fine.

Old
11-24-2003, 08:36 AM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Anyway the pens could get Comrie? (wishful thinking, I know). Straka is available.

Old
11-24-2003, 08:40 AM
FacelessButcher

Asking for Carney is too much he is the heart and soul of the Duck's D and Bryzgalov is a lot better than Hurme.

If I had to guess what we would get from each I would say from Anaheim a deal centering around Sauer+Gerber -or- Getzlaf and from L.A. a deal centering around Aulin+Rome -or- Vishnovsky.

Both of these teams I think could benefit from George Laraque so maybe he will be added for a better return.I don't think either is willing to sacrifce much roster players for Comrie. Anaheim is really gearing up for another run at the cup and L.A. pretty much guaranteed a play-off appearance to their fans and Taylor seems to be willing to do what it takes to make it happen.

Old
11-24-2003, 08:51 AM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66
Anyway the pens could get Comrie? (wishful thinking, I know). Straka is available.

Straka is too expensive, how bout Fleury? Or your number 1 pick next year?

Old
11-24-2003, 09:03 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Los Angeles has some nice stud prospects as well as some youngsters who are already playing in the league like Brown and Frolov. Anaheim also has a few players that interest me such as Chistov, Lupul, and Vishnevski. The person I'd love to see coming back to the Oilers from the Ducks would be Rucchin but there's no way they would move him.

Hopefully, Lowe would start working the phones now that the Heritage Classic is over. If Comrie does come to LA, it'll take me about 30 minutes driving to go and slap him...if he comes to Anaheim, it'll be closer. About 15 minutes.

Old
11-24-2003, 09:17 AM
Mr Sakich

here is the actual story

Comrie to SoCal

The Mike Comrie clearance sale has come down to one city: Los Angeles. The question is, will he be crowned a King or get his Mouse ears in Anaheim? Comrie is determined to continue his career in southern California, and Edmonton GM Kevin Lowe is now resigned to satisfying that desire.

The betting is that the unsigned centre will join the Canards, not the Kings -- but not until after the Oilers and Ducks play in Edmonton this week. With new owners on the horizon -- the Maloufs, owners of the NBA Sacramento Kings -- Ducks GM Bryan Murray has been given the go-ahead to obtain Comrie. And the Ducks have some interesting young players and draft picks to offer. The Kings are less inclined to give up their prospects.

The Oilers know that they've fought the good fight, but with Adam Oates under contract, they can deal the reluctant heir of The Brick fortune and still have the playmaking centre they need to fight for a playoff spot.

One interesting sidelight: the son of Michael Eisner, the Disney chief who obtained the franchise for Anaheim, played with Comrie's brother Paul in college and is pushing his dad to obtain the slick five-foot-nine centre. So it may be doubly appropriate when the Ducks' game staff strike up the Disney theme song: It's A Small World.

my mistake in that it was eisner's son who played with PAUL comrie. Anyhoo, Bruce seems to have decent contacts so this is as legit a rumour as I have heard. My dream of a comrie for brad stuart deal was just dealt a blow

Old
11-24-2003, 09:33 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
here is the actual story

Comrie to SoCal

The Mike Comrie clearance sale has come down to one city: Los Angeles. The question is, will he be crowned a King or get his Mouse ears in Anaheim? Comrie is determined to continue his career in southern California, and Edmonton GM Kevin Lowe is now resigned to satisfying that desire.

The betting is that the unsigned centre will join the Canards, not the Kings -- but not until after the Oilers and Ducks play in Edmonton this week. With new owners on the horizon -- the Maloufs, owners of the NBA Sacramento Kings -- Ducks GM Bryan Murray has been given the go-ahead to obtain Comrie. And the Ducks have some interesting young players and draft picks to offer. The Kings are less inclined to give up their prospects.

The Oilers know that they've fought the good fight, but with Adam Oates under contract, they can deal the reluctant heir of The Brick fortune and still have the playmaking centre they need to fight for a playoff spot.

One interesting sidelight: the son of Michael Eisner, the Disney chief who obtained the franchise for Anaheim, played with Comrie's brother Paul in college and is pushing his dad to obtain the slick five-foot-nine centre. So it may be doubly appropriate when the Ducks' game staff strike up the Disney theme song: It's A Small World.

my mistake in that it was eisner's son who played with PAUL comrie. Anyhoo, Bruce seems to have decent contacts so this is as legit a rumour as I have heard. My dream of a comrie for brad stuart deal was just dealt a blow
I think MC will end up in LA, but the Ducks don't play edmonton this week. Maybe he meant something else. Weird. It's Anaheim, I hope for Vishnovski.

Old
11-24-2003, 09:53 AM
goldenchild

I've said it before but if Frolov is being offered by the Kings KL should jump on it, a line with Hemsky and frolov for then next 5 years or so would be something special.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:09 AM
Digger12

Quote:
here is the actual story

Comrie to SoCal

Some weird points in that article:

-'reluctant heir'? What the heck is that all about?

-The thing about Eisner's son pushing for Mike Comrie after playing with his brother? If the article is just a fabrication by Dowbiggin, why make up an odd detail like that?

-Comrie determined to play in southern California? What, did he fall in love with some hottie down there?

Bruce puts in all these interesting details, yet gets a blatant thing wrong about when the Oilers play Anaheim?

Strange stuff.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:17 AM
Mr Sakich

my money would be on lupul. I only saw him once in the ducks opener but he is a very special player. He would be on our number one line right now and we could have our first calder trophy winner.

At some point, lowe is going to be forced into dealing for a young dman as we are over-stocked in forwards but thin on defense prospects. Bringing in another forward pretty much guaranttees a quick trade and my money would be on two of horc, chimera, and laraque being dealt for a defense prospect like hamhuis.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:28 AM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Some weird points in that article:

-'reluctant heir'? What the heck is that all about?

-The thing about Eisner's son pushing for Mike Comrie after playing with his brother? If the article is just a fabrication by Dowbiggin, why make up an odd detail like that?

-Comrie determined to play in southern California? What, did he fall in love with some hottie down there?

Bruce puts in all these interesting details, yet gets a blatant thing wrong about when the Oilers play Anaheim?

Strange stuff.
Well I woudln't doubt that Comrie would like to play in L.A. That is where he was all summer getting ready for the upcoming season. Maybe Comrie and Carter had some wild times down in L.A.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:28 AM
Hairball

Quote:
here is the actual story

Comrie to SoCal

There's a comment in there somewhere about Disney and Comrie's Mickey Mouse attitude. I'm sure there is.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:40 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26

for
Chistov, Carney, Popovic

Looks pretty even to me.
As a ducks fan I would start a petition for Murray's firing if he traded away our top D prospect our best defensemen and our 20 year old future all star.

think something more along the lines of Comrie for Chistov/Getzlaf and Smirnov and MAYBE a pick.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:45 AM
riles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
As a ducks fan I would start a petition for Murray's firing if he traded away our top D prospect our best defensemen and our 20 year old future all star.

think something more along the lines of Comrie for Chistov/Getzlaf and Smirnov and MAYBE a pick.
I'd be quite happy with that return as well. Although I'd prefer to do something involving Chistov and Vishnevski.

Old
11-24-2003, 11:09 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by riles
I'd be quite happy with that return as well. Although I'd prefer to do something involving Chistov and Vishnevski.
Vishnevski has really played well the best he's played since he's come into the league he's hitting everything in sight right now which is what many wanted to see,i'd be disappointed if he was traded. I like Chistov alot as well he's a special player but you don't find 30 goal scoring 23 year old centers everywhere either.

Old
11-24-2003, 12:06 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
I think that's fair, though I'm a bit more partial to Chistov than Getzlaf.

You sure sweetening the pot with Laraque and a 3rd round pick wouldn't loosen your grip on Vish?

Old
11-24-2003, 12:11 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
I think that's fair, though I'm a bit more partial to Chistov than Getzlaf.
LW or not, I'd much rather have Chistov than Getzlaf. I've been hearing some pretty bad things about Getzlaf this year (lazy, floater, etc.)

Old
11-24-2003, 12:16 PM
LuckyLUC20

I think Dave Taylor is staying away from Frolov offers for now. It would take a hell of an offer for Taylor to move Fro.

I think personally that the Kings will probably go after Straka because the Kings wouldn't give up as much as they would to get Comrie. I read in the LA Daily News that Lowe is asking for 3 prospects and a first round pick for Comrie. I think that's way too much to give up, personally. I'd rather go after Straka.

Closed Thread