HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

comrie to LA?

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2003, 11:36 AM
Bohologo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
I think Comrie, Laraque, Horcoff

For lupal, Vishnevski, Bryzgalov better suits our present need better. We are deeper on Lw than we are on Rw and i think we need a Goal tender prospect ready to play as sson as next season because Salo is gone after this season
I'm with Chayos1 on this call-Bryzgalov would sure make the situation in the pipes much more steady, and the other two's value is well-documented.

Chistov would be great, but a) he's a smurf, and b) he's a LW, and I suspect the Oil could use size and help on the other side.

Old
11-24-2003, 11:53 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
I think Dave Taylor is staying away from Frolov offers for now. It would take a hell of an offer for Taylor to move Fro.

I think personally that the Kings will probably go after Straka because the Kings wouldn't give up as much as they would to get Comrie. I read in the LA Daily News that Lowe is asking for 3 prospects and a first round pick for Comrie. I think that's way too much to give up, personally. I'd rather go after Straka.
I highly doubt Lowe is asking for that much. Papers will say anything these days.

Old
11-24-2003, 12:01 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
I highly doubt Lowe is asking for that much. Papers will say anything these days.
True, but I still think that getting Straka would be easier because it's a salary dump and it's an Eastern Conference team. You never know what GMs discuss behind closed doors. Lowe might be asking for that much just because it's a Western Conference "rival"... it's just speculation though.

Old
11-24-2003, 12:22 PM
Shizuka

As much as I'd love to see Frolov in an Oiler jersey, I don't believe this will happen. It's already been cited that Taylor is leery of giving up his prospects / good young current roster players, and besides that LA is playing quite well. With Oates' signing I suppose that lessens the need for a centre coming back, but in that case who would come back from LA (if it's not Frolov)? If Cammalleri sticks, and Allison comes back soon, why would they need Comrie?

Anaheim doesn't seem to make much sense either? They have at least 3 centres already (Fedorov, Rucchin, Prospal / Niedermayer); not sure why they would want to add Comrie, unless you consider the Eisner connection aspect I guess. Vishnevski would be a great return but he's a good young D-man, and the Ducks' D line is getting up there in age. And again, would Murray want to toss in Chistov / Lupul as well? I would be very surprised if we do a deal with either of these two clubs, unless they really do want Comrie bad enough to give up the players listed. Then again, Lowe might surprise...

Old
11-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
True, but I still think that getting Straka would be easier because it's a salary dump and it's an Eastern Conference team. You never know what GMs discuss behind closed doors. Lowe might be asking for that much just because it's a Western Conference "rival"... it's just speculation though.
Lowe is asking for a top 6 forward or top 4 d-man and a prospect. This has been documented in various publications.

I think the player that would interest Lowe the most is Frolov, but there is a makeable del there is LA is willing to part with Grebeshkov and Camarelli i am thinking.

Old
11-24-2003, 01:56 PM
Don Smoove

Send a message via MSN to Don Smoove
I have a feeling we're going to get Rob Neidermayer.

Old
11-24-2003, 04:35 PM
hunter orange

My two cents of a prediction...

If it's Anaheim:

Comrie & Chimera ----- for ----- Getzlaf & Vishnevski

If it's LA:

Comrie ----- for ----- Vishnovsky & Aulin

...I'd go for the first in a heartbeat if it were on the table.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:22 PM
FacelessButcher

FYI Lubomir Visnovsky is tied for 5th in points among defense with 14pts(4g 10A) in 19 games and is a +8 the highest on the Kings defense, very good start to the season for him.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:24 PM
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
Dave Taylor won't trade Lubomir Visnovsky. Andy Murray said that Lubo has been the Kings best player all season.

To Los Angeles Kings

Mike Comrie

To Edmonton Oilers

Joe Corvo
Petr Kanko
3rd round pick

Old
11-24-2003, 05:28 PM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakian#13
Dave Taylor won't trade Lubomir Visnovsky. Andy Murray said that Lubo has been the Kings best player all season.

To Los Angeles Kings

Mike Comrie

To Edmonton Oilers

Joe Corvo
Petr Kanko
3rd round pick
Hung in effigy: Kevin Lowe.

That would be the first reaction of the vast majority of fans here, I'd wager. I've heard of Frolov and even Aulin after spending WAY too much time on this board, but those guys are so far off the radar for Joe Q. Public that it would be pretty ugly around here. Worse than the reaction after the Carter/Dvorak trade last year!

Not to say that it wouldn't be a very good deal, similar to Carter/Dvo, but I'm not sure Lowe gets a high-enough profile player back in that scenario. Tell me more about those two guys & why this would be a good deal for the Oilers, if you don't mind...thanks.

Bart

Old
11-24-2003, 05:38 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:

To Los Angeles Kings

Mike Comrie

To Edmonton Oilers

Joe Corvo
Petr Kanko
3rd round pick
Well I DO know about those two, and that is a piss poor offer.They both wouldn't have a chance at helping in the present and cracking the Oilers lineups and it is highly doubtable if we'd need them much- if at all in the future.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:43 PM
riles

when it looks like Lowe can get something involving Chistov and/or Vishnevski that LA offer looks pretty poor.

BTW any trade involving both of these guys would require Lowe to send something back to Anaheim. Possibly Laraque, not sure what else Anaheim would want back.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:52 PM
Boondock Saint

Quote:
To Los Angeles Kings

Mike Comrie's left leg

To Edmonton Oilers

Joe Corvo
Petr Kanko
3rd round pick
I have adjusted your proposal to make it more fair. Now, what would you offer for the rest of him???

I realize that most posters here are over-valuing Comrie, but he is undoubtedly worth more than that.

I counter with

To Edmonton Oilers

Alex Frolov

To LA Kings

Scott Ferguson
Brad Winchester
3rd round pick

Sound close?? No?? Exactly.

Old
11-24-2003, 07:46 PM
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
I have adjusted your proposal to make it more fair. Now, what would you offer for the rest of him???

I realize that most posters here are over-valuing Comrie, but he is undoubtedly worth more than that.

I counter with

To Edmonton Oilers

Alex Frolov

To LA Kings

Scott Ferguson
Brad Winchester
3rd round pick

Sound close?? No?? Exactly.

Did I miss something is Frolov holding out? ok that wasn't the best offer maybe this is better........

Jaroslav Modry , Petr Kanko, 2005 2nd rounder for Mike Comrie + insert depth d-man .

You may think your going to get more than that for Comrie and theres a chance that you might but I'm GUESSING that an actual trade would look like that.

You guys would like Kanko to.

Old
11-24-2003, 07:50 PM
GorillazXL

Quote:

To Los Angeles Kings

Mike Comrie

To Edmonton Oilers

Joe Corvo
Petr Kanko
3rd round pick
This deal would be as bad as Satan for Moore and Millar... That's the worst offer I've heard in a long time.

GXL

Old
11-24-2003, 08:12 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

All these proposals are proving why A) this situation needs to be resolved with a singing, and B) if that's not happening, LA and Anaheim are not good trade partners.

Old
11-24-2003, 09:10 PM
vb

I'm not sure what the Florida rumours were a few weeks ago, but Weiss is looking like a real player this year and I'd love to see Lowe pick him up.

Old
11-24-2003, 09:37 PM
dem

You can be sure that if Weiss was ever offered up... hes been pulled off the table. The guy is looking great.

Old
11-24-2003, 09:45 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
All these proposals are proving why A) this situation needs to be resolved with a singing, and B) if that's not happening, LA and Anaheim are not good trade partners.
A signing just won't happen, and it looks like LA and Anaheim are the best we can hope for. There just isn't a market for small centres,

Old
11-24-2003, 09:53 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy3650
A signing just won't happen, and it looks like LA and Anaheim are the best we can hope for. There just isn't a market for small centres,
First one nobody knows, second also no one knows. And there's always a market for 60-point minimum type forwards.....who also happen to be very young.

Old
11-25-2003, 05:37 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
I put this on the Trade Rumour board, but I'll put it here too, for kicks:

I was listening to Peter Maher (Flames paly-by-play guy) just now, and he was talking about Comrie rumblings he's been hearing. Some thoughts from him:

1) He said the talks with LA and Anaheim are pretty serious, but there's also interest from a few Eastern teams. He didn't mention which ones.

2) He said Lowe originally wanted a roster player (we all heard top 6 forward/top 4 d-man) in return for Comrie, but he didn't really find anything he liked.

3) So Lowe started focusing on prospects, and is said to be looking for two prospects and a first rounder, but may be willing to settle for one prospect (if he's good enough) and a first, in which case a deal might be coming quickly.

Old
11-25-2003, 08:58 AM
Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
Hopefully, i want this thing to end so the team can go on a roll and not have to worry about ANYTHING.

Old
11-25-2003, 09:15 AM
jofa

Reports I've been reading say that L.A. and Anaheim are the front runners, with the Ducks being the most likely trading partner for Lowe. I'd love to see a package of Chistov and Bryzgalov come to Edmonton, which would give Lowe his top 6 forward plus a prospect.

Bryzgalov is considered one of the best young goaltenders to come out of Russia and is old enough to come straight into the NHL, but is a little lost behind goaltenders Gigeure and Gerber. As Anaheim has committed to Gigeure long-term, they may be more responsive to moving their top goaltending prospect. Salo has pretty much ended his tenure in Edmonton with his performance, either through a trade or by the end of the season.

As for Chistov, he should be an incredible talent in a few years, but he may be a little harder to pry away from Anaheim.

What would Edmonton have to include in a deal like this?

To Edmonton: Chistov and Bryzgalov
To Anaheim: Comrie and ???

The thing I don't get with this rumour is the fact that Anaheim seems pretty stacked already at center (Federov, Prospal, Rucchin, Pahlsson, Niedermayer, Krog and McDonald are all listed as centers on their website) and would not be in the market for another centerman.

Old
11-25-2003, 09:31 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofa
The thing I don't get with this rumour is the fact that Anaheim seems pretty stacked already at center (Federov, Prospal, Rucchin, Pahlsson, Niedermayer, Krog and McDonald are all listed as centers on their website) and would not be in the market for another centerman.
You're right, Anaheim doesn't make a huge amount of sense at face value.

One thing to consider though, is that Anaheim and LA are pretty strong rivals, so much so that Anaheim may want Comrie just to make sure that LA doesn't get him. Anaheim can then deal him off to someone else for something they do need, making a 3 way deal a possible scenario that makes more sense than what we're seeing now.

Personally, I'm liking this idea of two bitter rivals trying to outbid each other. It can only help.

Old
11-25-2003, 10:11 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofa
What would Edmonton have to include in a deal like this?

To Edmonton: Chistov and Bryzgalov
To Anaheim: Comrie and ???

Prospal, Niedermayer, Krog, and McDonald can and do frequently play the wings. I don't know what everyones infatuation with Cheezed-off is about great player but does not suit our current situation/needs at all. Bryzgalov is a good pick-up but what would we do with him when Deslauriers is ready I say go for Gerber he is the perfect stop-gap between Deslauriers and Salo, he also makes $500,000 dollars a year which is exactly how much we save off Tommy's buy-out it does not force us to raise our budget for goalies, him and Conklin are more than capable fo holding it down(just ride the hot hand).

Anyone know much about L.A.'s back-up Huet? watched him once and he looked very good. The problem with trading with L.A. they would have no back-up waiting in the wings like Anaheim does with Bryzgalov.

Closed Thread