HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The next Zidlicky?

Old
10-28-2006, 11:05 PM
slumpy43

vCash: 500
The next Zidlicky?

Let's just say that the Preds know how to draft good Dmen. Seems like they might just have another one in the wings. Drafted in the fifth round in 2004, Janne Niskala has currently 14 points in 14 games (7G-7A) in the SEL and is tied for first place in team scoring. Anyone has more info on him? Would there be a place on the roster for him considering all the talent that's on the blue line right now?

http://www.hockeyligan.se/statistik.php

slumpy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:13 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
You're kiddin'. I figured he fell off the radar after his subpar years since being drafted. I guess if he continues at this pace, we'll find a spot for him in North America.

My guess is that if he shows little interest in coming over and fighting for a spot (as opposed to being handed a roster spot, which won't happen), he could be valuable trade bait. There are a lot of teams in the NHL that could use a slick, skilled offensive defenseman. You could see him end up with a similar fate as Marek. He could be a part of a trade.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:44 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I should also add the Denis Kulyash is putting up some impressive numbers for Moscow Dynamo. He's the team's third leading scorer with 2 goals and 3 assists through the teams first 7 games. When you combine Niskala and Kulyash with the hot starts by Franson and Laakso, the Preds are in a very enviable position right now. And that doesn't include two other young prospects who are still off the NHL roster: Kevin Klein and Ryan Parent. Yeah, I'd say we've damn near cornered the market on defensive prospects.

Oh, and Alexander Sulzer is still alive and kicking in Germany.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2006, 05:54 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Oh how I miss the days NJ had great defensive prospects and didn't know what to do with them.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Savolainen

Yes, Niskala is really looking great this year in Sweden!

29 points in 29 games as a defender!

He also leads his team in points!

Savolainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 04:37 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savolainen View Post
Yes, Niskala is really looking great this year in Sweden!

29 points in 29 games as a defender!

He also leads his team in points!
Good to hear. I've liked Niskala since we drafted him, but most here have forgotten about him and/or written him off. I don't see him playing nashville, but he could be good trade bait.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote