HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Please no more switching up goalies

Old
10-29-2006, 09:14 AM
canada_habs2006

vCash: 500
Please no more switching up goalies

I've really had it with just playing Aeibisher here for one game, Huet for two, then back to Aebisher for two...

this HAS to stop. We know what Aebisher can do as we saw it last night toward the end of the game. The problem is that when our goalies don't play enough, they let in the softies earlier in the game like what we saw vs. the leafs. These softies are really going to cost us, especially since we have trouble scoring sometimes.

Huet....or.........Aebisher. But switching between both the whole season is going to kill us.

canada_habs2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 09:38 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada_habs2006 View Post
I've really had it with just playing Aeibisher here for one game, Huet for two, then back to Aebisher for two...

this HAS to stop. We know what Aebisher can do as we saw it last night toward the end of the game. The problem is that when our goalies don't play enough, they let in the softies earlier in the game like what we saw vs. the leafs. These softies are really going to cost us, especially since we have trouble scoring sometimes.

Huet....or.........Aebisher. But switching between both the whole season is going to kill us.
Gotta agree here, it would be nice to see one of these guys get hot, and play well for 4-5 games, and then if there is an off game by one, the other guy goes in...but it is good to keep both fairly loose, and ready for the 3 games in 4 nights scenario, and the competition between them should keep them both hungry...it's a good situation, and then it's not...tough call, one thing is for sure, you have to be careful putting all of your eggs in one basket(a la Theo).

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 09:38 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Quote:
Originally Posted by canada_habs2006 View Post
But switching between both the whole season is going to kill us.
San Jose doesn't seem to think so.

Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:08 AM
YOUTH OF HABS

Send a message via AIM to YOUTH OF HABS
i agree. i really thought we should have went with huet for the last game since he didn't lose the game against boston. my rule of the thumb is that if the goalie wins his previous game, he gets the nod for the next...

YOUTH OF HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:10 AM
HCH

Switching goaltenders is the least of our problems... there are other issues that need to be addressed first.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:13 AM
JFB

Just play the hottest guy. I would be nervous with Huet as the only NHL caliber goaltender on the lineup.

JFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:18 AM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by briste View Post
Switching goaltenders is the least of our problems... there are other issues that need to be addressed first.
Well the whole 2nd line issue seems to have been addressed. Samsonov with 2 goals, Kovalev with 3 assists, Perezhogin with 2 points.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUTH OF HABS View Post
i agree. i really thought we should have went with huet for the last game since he didn't lose the game against boston. my rule of the thumb is that if the goalie wins his previous game, he gets the nod for the next...
Bingo! Go with the hot hand.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:38 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecliptica View Post
Well the whole 2nd line issue seems to have been addressed. Samsonov with 2 goals, Kovalev with 3 assists, Perezhogin with 2 points.
What about the first line - abysmal plus/minus the last couple of games. The chemistry seems to have disappeared... hopefully it's temporary.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Mackee

I don't understand why there's a problem having two quality goaltenders. When both of them are playing great (Huet vs. Boston, Aebischer vs. Toronto) it just shows that they're both pushing either. There's never anything wrong with some healthy competition.

Mackee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 12:35 PM
canada_habs2006

^^ no in both situations the goaltenders looked skaky to start. i would say both Huet and Aebisher started out bad and ended good in their respective games.

and i blame this on the fact that neither of them is getting 'starting goalie' playing time like they should.

canada_habs2006 is offline   Reply With Quote