HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Malkin close to record?

Old
10-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Jaymond Flurrie

vCash: 500
Malkin close to record?

What is the NHL record for goalstreak to start the season? I know that Steven King scored in four games to start his career in early 90's, but what is the record? Malkin has now five games with a goal in each.

And if this was asked before, please give me a link and lock this thread.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 12:46 AM
Weztex

The record is co-held by Joe Malone, Cy Denneny and Newsy Lalonde.. The 3 of them scored into their first 6 games in the 1917-18 season. If fact, the record cannot be older since those 6 games were the first of the NHL. It is to note that the 3 of them had played in other professional leagues before, and so have Malkin.

Weztex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 06:10 AM
Jaymond Flurrie

Now-a-days pretty much every NHL player coming from Europe have been professionals before their NHL-career as far as I understand.

So yes, this answer was exactly what I wanted - Malkin has to score in next game as well to tie the record and in next of that too to take the record.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 01:50 AM
Bluesfan1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weztex View Post
The record is co-held by Joe Malone, Cy Denneny and Newsy Lalonde.. The 3 of them scored into their first 6 games in the 1917-18 season. If fact, the record cannot be older since those 6 games were the first of the NHL. It is to note that the 3 of them had played in other professional leagues before, and so have Malkin.
Malkin tied Malone, Denneny, and Lalonde, all who were great players. And I think Malkin will eventually join them in the Hall of Fame one day.

Bluesfan1981 is offline   Reply With Quote