HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Latest Roadrunners newsletter (game report)

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2003, 06:22 AM
barto

vCash: 500
Latest Roadrunners newsletter (game report)

Roadrunners Come Back to Earn Tie

The Toronto Roadrunners scored three straight goals in the third period to earn a 4-4 tie against the Cleveland Barons on Friday night at the Ricoh Coliseum.

The Roadrunners had a 1-0 lead after the first period as Jamie Wright opened the scoring, recording his seventh goal of the season at 12:47 of the first period.

The Barons would then score four straight goals. Craig Valette, Doug Murray, and Grant Stevenson all scored their first goals of the year for the Barons. Miroslav Zalesak, with his sixth of the season, also scored for Cleveland.

The Roadrunners then scored three straight goals to tie the game. Jani Rita and Dave Roche scored to get the Roadrunners within a goal. Mike Bishai then scored with 1:56 remaining to tie the game.

Toronto was 2 for 3 on the power play, while Cleveland was 1 for 3.

Michael Morrison made his second consecutive start for the Roadrunners and stopped 31 shots. Seamus Kotyk stopped 22 shots for the Barons.

Toronto returns to action tomorrow night as they travel to Rochester to play the Americans

(7:35 PM).

The Toronto Roadrunners next home action takes place this Sunday, November 23 at 5:00 PM as they take on the Grand Rapids Griffins. Tickets for this game are available at the Ricoh Coliseum Box Office, at all Ticketmaster outlets, by calling Ticketmaster at (416) 872-5000 or on the Internet by visiting www.ticketmaster.com.

Scoring Summary

Period 1

1. TOR - Jaime Wright-7 (Dan Tessier, Mike Bishai) - 12:47 (PP)

Period 2

2. CLE - Miroslav Zalesak-6 (Grant Stevenson, Brad Boyes) - 0:59 (PP)

3. CLE - Craig Valette-1 (Jim Fahey, Miroslav Zalesak) - 2:26

4. CLE - Doug Murray-1 (Lynn Loyns, Tomas Plihal) - 18:43

Period 3

5. CLE - Grant Stevenson-1 (Miroslav Zalesak, Jim Fahey) - 7:07

6. TOR - Jani Rita-5 (Chad Hinz) - 8:04

7. TOR - Dave Roche-2 (Chad Hinz, Jani Rita) - 13:39 (PP)

8. TOR - Mike Bishai-5 (Doug Lynch) - 18:04

Overtime

(No Scoring)

Shots

Toronto: 6-6-12-2--26

Cleveland: 9-15-10-1--35

Goaltending

Toronto: Michael Morrison (35 shots, 31 saves)

Cleveland: Seamus Kotyk (26 shots, 22 saves)

Power Play

Toronto: 2 for 3

Cleveland: 1 for 3

Attendance: 6,721

Old
11-24-2003, 06:26 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Looks like Jani and Hinz played well for the Runners. I'm praying that Jani gets on a role. I KNOW that he has it in him, but I'm scared it will take a change of scenery to get it out of him :mad: :mad:

Old
11-24-2003, 08:07 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Toronto lost 3-1 yesterday to Grand Rapids (Detroit)... all 3 goals against were on the same 5 minute power play.

Winchester got a questionable major penalty (should have been a double minor), and the Runners couldn't come back.

I will say this, although the Runners are something like 4-11-2, they have out-played, out shot and out chanced the opposition the majority of the games this season.

They are like the oilers of the past couple of years, whereas they need to beat the puck to death to get a goal.

Old
11-24-2003, 08:31 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Toronto lost 3-1 yesterday to Grand Rapids (Detroit)... all 3 goals against were on the same 5 minute power play.

Winchester got a questionable major penalty (should have been a double minor), and the Runners couldn't come back.

I will say this, although the Runners are something like 4-11-2, they have out-played, out shot and out chanced the opposition the majority of the games this season.

They are like the oilers of the past couple of years, whereas they need to beat the puck to death to get a goal.
They really miss guys like Sarno and Salmelainen right now, the scoring depth down there is obviously rather weak. It hasn't helped that Rita's been hurt that last couple of games too.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:06 PM
barto

And don't forget that they've been without Valiquette the last couple of weeks, too, so I would imagine (?) that it's easier to score goals on the Roadrunners at this point than if he were playing there.

I like the sounds of your report, Dawgbone - feel free to make a Roadrunners' report on a regular basis! These e-mails from the club are OK, but nothing beats getting a more personal (and, shall we say, objective?) report!

Bart

Old
11-25-2003, 03:36 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
And don't forget that they've been without Valiquette the last couple of weeks, too, so I would imagine (?) that it's easier to score goals on the Roadrunners at this point than if he were playing there.

I like the sounds of your report, Dawgbone - feel free to make a Roadrunners' report on a regular basis! These e-mails from the club are OK, but nothing beats getting a more personal (and, shall we say, objective?) report!

Bart
Actually, Mike Morrison has been decent in net (better than I had expected). They could be getting by without Valiquette if they could put the puck in the net.

Closed Thread