HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cech & Huet Article (Daily News)

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 08:11 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
Cech & Huet Article (Daily News)

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1...788746,00.html

But part of the deal when the Kings booted incumbent Felix Potvin and got Cechmanek was this club does not split the goaltending. Cechmanek was penciled in for 60 games. Kings GM Dave Taylor said several times he was looking for an upgrade in net....

For Murray and his overachieving team, Huet might be the better goaltender.

ok, i love AM and i would not trade him for anyother coach in the NHL. so don't mistake me for an AM hater... BUT one thing i can't stand is how he won't split time between goalies. i HATE the way he plays his number ones 10 games in a row and then plays his backup only one time. i HATE the way he prays that his starter will get into the groove by playing him more and wished he would only play the best goalie first.

now from what i have ever seen, huet is legit. he is the real deal in my eyes and i dont know why AM doesn't play him like he's as good as he really is. the one good sign about htis article is that Huet is doing well enough to get AM to rethink his policy.... PLEASE, for the sake of the team, give huet some well deserved time.

Old
11-25-2003, 08:33 AM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1...788746,00.html

But part of the deal when the Kings booted incumbent Felix Potvin and got Cechmanek was this club does not split the goaltending. Cechmanek was penciled in for 60 games. Kings GM Dave Taylor said several times he was looking for an upgrade in net....

For Murray and his overachieving team, Huet might be the better goaltender.

ok, i love AM and i would not trade him for anyother coach in the NHL. so don't mistake me for an AM hater... BUT one thing i can't stand is how he won't split time between goalies. i HATE the way he plays his number ones 10 games in a row and then plays his backup only one time. i HATE the way he prays that his starter will get into the groove by playing him more and wished he would only play the best goalie first.

now from what i have ever seen, huet is legit. he is the real deal in my eyes and i dont know why AM doesn't play him like he's as good as he really is. the one good sign about htis article is that Huet is doing well enough to get AM to rethink his policy.... PLEASE, for the sake of the team, give huet some well deserved time.

I agree with you that AM should star Huet tonight against the Devils, but not for the same reason...I believe that maybe what Cechmanek needs is a liitle competition for the #1 spot, this could light a fire in him and speed up his play, this combined with all of the articles that have been coming up about theis ordeal. Cechmanek has something to prve to us Kings fans now...and I believe that if we are not convinced of his in net ability come the new calander year....Huet should be the guy to look to!

go Kings!

Old
11-25-2003, 10:39 AM
BIG FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brath
I agree with you that AM should star Huet tonight against the Devils, but not for the same reason...I believe that maybe what Cechmanek needs is a liitle competition for the #1 spot, this could light a fire in him and speed up his play, this combined with all of the articles that have been coming up about theis ordeal. Cechmanek has something to prve to us Kings fans now...and I believe that if we are not convinced of his in net ability come the new calander year....Huet should be the guy to look to!

go Kings!
I understand that everybody is skeptical of Cechmanek's play because of his style. He's so unorthodox it looks like he doesn't have a clue out there. But he's always been like that - and he gets results. He has a 2.18 GAA so far - which IMO is great - especially for a Western conference team. He also has played in front of a defence that has had some injuries as well.

Huet will be good, but there's a huge difference playing every night and being a back-up. If you're in a playoff race, AM will not hurt the confidence of his #1 goalie to play an unproven goalie (sorry guys, but 16 career starts doesn't make him deserving of replacing a veteran who has played decently so far).

AM will give Huet 15-20 starts this year just the same as any other good back-up, but he won't consider using him in a playoff run drive.

Old
11-25-2003, 11:13 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG FAN
Huet will be good, but there's a huge difference playing every night and being a back-up. If you're in a playoff race, AM will not hurt the confidence of his #1 goalie to play an unproven goalie (sorry guys, but 16 career starts doesn't make him deserving of replacing a veteran who has played decently so far).
wats the difference between a #1 and a backup goalie? usually the only determining difference is to see whether or not the backup goalie can take the load of a #1 goalie and still keep up his stats. Well last year, in the last 21 games, Huet took 12 of them and kept up his .913 sv% and 2.33 gaa. except for one game against colorado, his stats were very very consistent with his play, even after back to back games. this year is the same, he's had very consistent stats.

this is all i ask, give Huet games to see if he can handle playing the big teams (which i am betting he can) and see if he can outplay cechmanek. i'm just saying, give the guy a chance. if you do, i am sure he will surprise many of you. if not, fine, ill shut up about him. whether he is a #1 or not is really not the point, my point is we have a potential diamond in the rough in our hands and we should damn well test it out. he's done extremely well in 2 of his 3 starts, so why shouldn't we give him his due?

if AM truly preaches accountability, then i hold him accountable to playing the best goalie possible.

Old
11-25-2003, 11:15 AM
punchy1

I read at rotoworld.com that Huet *might* get the start tonite as RC's record is 5-6-3 against the devil. I think that Romans game needs him to play at least 60 per season to stay on top of things. Huet has proven he deserves a shot at carrying the number one role and with our luck, he will get it this year.

Maybe AM knows that it is just a matter of time before Roman gets hurt like everyone else so he will let him continue to be our starter until that happens and then Huet will get his chance. Or, he will wait until next year.

Old
11-25-2003, 11:16 AM
punchy1

Remember Roys back up in Montreal who set NHL records only to go to the Sharks (after a tantrum that lasted months) to see that he wasn't as good as many thought him to be. Certainly there were other factors to his failure but, allot of it was his fault too. Not saying that Huet would do the same, just something to think about.

Old
11-25-2003, 11:20 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Remember Roys back up in Montreal who set NHL records only to go to the Sharks (after a tantrum that lasted months) to see that he wasn't as good as many thought him to be. Certainly there were other factors to his failure but, allot of it was his fault too. Not saying that Huet would do the same, just something to think about.

i agree, which is why i'll back off a bit and say that huet being a #1 this year is far too much to ask any goalie to do, but irregardless, he's doing well, so he should play. i dont see why goalies should be treated any differently then players

Old
11-25-2003, 11:30 AM
BIG FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
i agree, which is why i'll back off a bit and say that huet being a #1 this year is far too much to ask any goalie to do, but irregardless, he's doing well, so he should play. i dont see why goalies should be treated any differently then players
Huet should definately get more than one start a month. I would say give him a chance at #1 if the Kings weren't a contender.

Closed Thread