HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is one player you'd feel indifferent if traded?

Old
10-29-2006, 09:54 PM
Sthabs

vCash: 500
Lol, I putted traverse in my list cause just thinking that we have him in the organisation makes me wanna puke
(Even if I havent seen him playing in years)

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:15 PM
Montrealer

Latendresse, if only to see half the board members have massive seizures.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Pascal

Craig "Bantam A" Rivet. Waive the monkeyface.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
What makes you say that?

I want him to sign long term. We'd be nothing on D without him.

In answer to the question..Garth Murray.
I've never heard Markov say that he'd love to stay in montreal and I personally think that he's a player who's really only out to play for the money. However, we do have a good amount of russian players so maybe he'll stick around. I've heard people say that Montreal has a european feel to it...so maybe he'll stick around cuz he likes the city.

I would love to re-sign him, but if Gainey traded him because contract negotiations were going nowhere...I'd understand.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Seb
Need more Therrien

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Indifferent?... None of them. There's some that i would be happy to see leaving, and others that i would be sad to see leaving, but none that i would be indifferent... Well.... maybe Traverse...

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 11:55 PM
Slick Nick

Funny to see no one mentionned Perezhogin... if you go back a week ago, every trade proposal had Perezhogin as a bait.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 12:11 AM
turnbuckle*

Surprise, surprise. Rivet's the whipping boy because he's been on the ice for a few goals agaisnt early on in the season and struggled at times, like every other defenceman has I might add..

Never mind him challenging Iginla to a scrap (sticking up for his team when no one else was) and sparking his team to a win with that shorthanded breakaway goal and subsequent great celebration.

Never mind the shot he took off the foot that would have sidelined 90 per cent of the league's defencemen for the next game and more, but since the Habs were already severely shy on defenceman, Rivet sucked it up for the hundredth plus time as a Hab and played when he shouldn't have. For all we know he's still hampered by yhe injury, but Rivet would never complain about such a thing; he's old school.

Never mind that he's the longest serving Hab, a classy individual highly respected by his teammates and the captain in particular, the team's player rep and excellent with the media and fans despite all the crap he puts up with (including the booing)

Never mind that he would be snapped up by every other team in the league tomorrow if he were put on waivers

Craig doesn't skate like a ballerina and was on the ice for three goals against his last game - trade da bum!!!!

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 12:16 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
Surprise, surprise. Rivet's the whipping boy because he's been on the ice for a few goals agaisnt early on in the season and struggled at times, like every other defenceman has I might add..

Never mind him challenging Iginla to a scrap (sticking up for his team when no one else was) and sparking his team to a win with that shorthanded breakaway goal and subsequent great celebration.

Never mind the shot he took off the foot that would have sidelined 90 per cent of the league's defencemen for the next game and more, but since the Habs were already severely shy on defenceman, Rivet sucked it up for the hundredth plus time as a Hab and played when he shouldn't have. For all we know he's still hampered by yhe injury, but Rivet would never complain about such a thing; he's old school.

Never mind that he's the longest serving Hab, a classy individual highly respected by his teammates and the captain in particular, the team's player rep and excellent with the media and fans despite all the crap he puts up with (including the booing)

Never mind that he would be snapped up by every other team in the league tomorrow if he were put on waivers

Craig doesn't skate like a ballerina and was on the ice for three goals against his last game - trade da bum!!!!

Great post!

Old
10-30-2006, 12:19 AM
Shabutie

Quote:

All of those are great and all but Rivet doesn't bring anything that Souray or Komisarek don't already. I love the guy's character and heart, but when it comes down to hockey...There are better options. When Dandy and Bouillon return, I don't see Rivet as anything more than a 6th or 7th, but of course he'll still get the big minutes, due to "how much he's done" for the canadiens.

Old
10-30-2006, 12:23 AM
HabuseMoi

Rivet definately,

never liked him since before the lockout even if he had a good year last year and, like it or not, even if he is an "okay" defenseman, we have too much "okay defenseman", Rivet should be replaced by a first pairing defenseman. By doing that we could resign Souray to keep our power play lethal.

I can live with Souray's mistake on defense if he can come up with 7 goals in 10 games, but i can't cope with seeing Rivet mess up on def (even if it's a little les than Souray), plus taking stupid penalties and polluting our powerplay's second wave.

Also Niinima, why the hell did we trade our second line center for THAT? I know we needed a defenseman, but come on, he's just bad.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 12:27 AM
Kirk Muller

I'll look at it the other way. No matter who they are traded for, i got to admit, Higgins, Koivu, and Komisarek are the only guys it would pain me to see leave.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 12:28 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
All of those are great and all but Rivet doesn't bring anything that Souray or Komisarek don't already. I love the guy's character and heart, but when it comes down to hockey...There are better options. When Dandy and Bouillon return, I don't see Rivet as anything more than a 6th or 7th, but of course he'll get the big minutes.
6th or 7th? That's quite harsh... IMO Rivet is a legitimate 4-5th D who's salary is directly related to his devotion to the Montreal Canadiens. Do I think we could have a better player for less money, yes. I also think that both Souray and Markov should be priorities, whatever Rivet's status is.. but I also have a high consideration of his off ice presence, and would hate to see him go elsewhere. Quite a puzzle, good luck Bob.

Old
10-30-2006, 12:32 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
6th or 7th? That's quite harsh... IMO Rivet is a legitimate 4-5th D who's salary is directly related to his devotion to the Montreal Canadiens. Do I think we could have a better player for less money, yes. I also think that both Souray and Markov should be priorities, whatever Rivet's status is.. but I also have a high consideration of his off ice presence, and would hate to see him go elsewhere. Quite a puzzle, good luck Bob.
Well now that the usual suspects are gone, Rivet was the next likely candidate for whipping boy.

Its interesting many posters who defended Brisebois against his bashers, are now bashing Rivet. I wonder why???

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Personally I think that in the new NHL, we're going to see less and less defenceman like Rivet and more and more defenceman like Streit, Markov, Spacek, etc. Though I would keep Rivet over Streit (for now, even though I'm a fan of streit and think he will blossom soon), I'd keep bouillon over Rivet, seing as Bouillon is a player who can get the attack going. The reason I'd be indifferent to letting Rivet go, is because I don't think we can keep Him, Markov AND Souray...Therefore it's really an easy choice.

Old
10-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Guy Caballero

I really like Rivet as a person and for his character on the ice, but with komi's emergence, Bouillon's eventual return, and our UFA situation this off season, he's the odd man out, IMO. I'd rather get something for him while we can.

It's been a great run, buddy, but I'm afraid your time's almost up.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:08 AM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
I really like Rivet as a person and for his character on the ice, but with komi's emergence, Bouillon's eventual return, and our UFA situation this off season, he's the odd man out, IMO. I'd rather get something for him while we can.

Yep! I agree 100% with that...
That would make me sad to see Rivet goes, it seems like he's been there forever..

Nniinniimmaa would go first though.

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:58 AM
Galchenkel

Send a message via MSN to Galchenkel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
None.

I didn't feel indifferent when they traded Zednik, Theodore and Ribeiro...

I didn't feel indifferent with the loss of Sundstrom and Bulis...

They are all a part of the team and I have good and bad memories for every player on the team; I can't name one I don't care about.

Thinking about it though; this feels ridiculous to say. I want it to be clear that this is from a hockey point of view; it almost seems like a "sentimental " thing but don't worry, it's not the case.
before i read this (in bold), i told myself "man, the guy needs to talk"

Galchenkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 06:42 AM
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Much Love View Post
Now that Ribeiro is gone, who is one player on our current team you couldn't care less about if traded? I know we had more options to choose from last year (Bulis, Zednik, Sunny, Ribeiro) but all the garbage has pretty much been "filtered out" if you will. So with that said, I ask my fellow HFers, who is that one Hab on the current roster you could not care less for? Whether he's traded, placed on waivers, benched, black balled, lynched, stoned, etc.

BTW, the Hamilton Bulldogs don't count so don't even go there. (Traverse, haha!)
David Aebischer

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 06:50 AM
mcphee

Quote:

We don't always agree tb, but I wish I'd said this.

I can't think of a player that I dislike, someone who just annoys me to know end.

So, whoever was included in a deal, if the deal makes them a better team, I'm ok with it.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 06:56 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post

I was thinking that though he's a better d man than Souray in terms of his own end, despite the last 10 games, he doesn't bring a standout ability if you're building a D corps. You can put up with Souray passing into his partners feet or getting caught flat footed if he has a shot that gets you back into games. Rivet has to be solid and consistent because he doesn't have a 'fallback quality', if that makes sense.

There are teams that are looking for experienced D, there always are, but moreso at the deadline. SJ is a prime example. Thing is, teams looking to bolster are hoping to make a run so would only give up futures. Aren't we kind of hoping to be a team with some aspirations ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 07:01 AM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Much Love View Post
Whether he's traded, placed on waivers, benched, black balled, lynched, stoned, etc.
Traded: Aebischer (once Huet finds his game)
Waivers: Niinimaa (once Dandy, cube and Cote are healthy)
Benched: Souray (unless it's a powerplay)
Black Balled: Darcy Tucker
Lynched: Darcy Tucker
Stoned: Gainey needs a puff to lighten up, maybe smile a little and if we're lucky, a giggle

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 07:02 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
Latendresse, if only to see half the board members have massive seizures.
So you aren't indifferent at all, since you'll gain some sort of perverse pleasure if it happens.

For me it's Bonk. Don't care whether he stays or goes.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 07:56 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:

Good point. Though I keep thinking he is expendable 'cause a good defensive corps will never have enough solid puck-moving d-men and while we mostly think Markov should stay, and now some say Souray should as well, Komi is here to stay.....to improve our D, we must make some changes.....Or if by improving the D, it must mean to keep Rivet with those 3, well it has to exclude Dandy and Bouillon and play Rivet accordingly not as #3 but as #5-6 where he belongs, especially in a great defensive corps.....But I agree that nobody cal be indifferent to what Craig has done for this team, I just can't believe that.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

I wouldn't be "indifferent" about any trade the Habs made... even if it's a player I don't like "indifferent" wouldn't be the way to describe my reaction! We'd have a 400-page thread about it no matter who it was.

That said, I can't believe how many people are on Rivet's case. At least it gives my ignore list a good chance to expand exponentially, however, since I pretty much have to assume that anybody who thinks Rivet is a 6th-7th d-man or should be waived (or should in any other way be an odd man out or taken off the team) is probably not worth reading opinions from in the future.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Never mind him challenging Iginla to a scrap (sticking up for his team when no one else was)
uuh you're confusing Rivet with Komisarek.

And I have been on Rivet's case for years, he's a horrible defenseman in his own zone. He might be liked by his teammates but it doesn't make him a good player.

He makes REALLY dumb mistakes in his zone, *every year*. This is nothing new.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote