HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Monteal Rated 6th in organizational prospect ranking!!

Old
10-30-2006, 12:00 PM
LePoche69

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFB View Post
Imagine if we had picked Brule instead of Price
It would mean that we would now have a talented center who is struggling as much as Pleks this year, and no Price in the system.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 12:13 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
If there was a formulaic system for ranking that had 100 % predictabilty effectiveness then only draft day choices based on this formulaic system would be important as we are assuming 100% predictibilty. Obviously there is a subjective component.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
IMO we are a too high,
i like our prospect but so far our whole farm team (hamilton) cant get a win,
kostitsyn should come in the NHL right now or he'll become our new latest bust.
As for our oversee prospect, not so good other than emelin..

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 09:44 AM
Jason Menard
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by As the Glorious Weep View Post
First of all, Hockey's Future is a business who make money off of this board: they're not in it because of generosity.

Second of all, who writes this stuff, who's opinions are they? Why should I respect writers that hide behind the moniker of "HF STAFF". If they want respect, have them write out the name of every contributor so that I know in 5 years who to congratulate or who to claim doesn't know anything about hockey.

Third of all, those rankings sound more like a popularity and/or hype contest to me than anything else. If they are not a popularity contest, then please explain the systematic approach used to calculate those ratings.

Fourth of all, free speech.

To answer your question. I was among the people selecting the rankings. The process was arduous and was vetted three or four times. There are no perfect rankings, but we do our best, based upon careful research, frequent first-hand viewings, and heated debate.

As for the fact that there are still NHL players in the rankings, I would suggest that a review of the Hockey's Future prospects may be in order. A prospect remains until they've played 65 games in the NHL (for forwards). That's why Lats is there... and why Anaheim dropped with the loss of Perry and Getzlaf.

You're welcome to debate, but to denigrate what we do because we're "hiding" is ludicrous. Check any publication and those articles culled from multiple sources, or penned by multiple writers, are generally referred to as "staff."

I would suggest we put ourselves on the line more than someone who's got some fake Internet handle, blasting us from the comfort of his parents' basement!!!!

Actually, I've received a lot of good feedback (both positive and negative) from readers. And I appreciate the passion they all display. As those who have written to me can attest, I try to reply to each and every e-mail.

I would say I'm very open, not hiding, and -- most importantly -- I try to get all the facts before I pass judgement on my subjects. Just an idea.

Hope this helps,

Jay

Jason Menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 09:56 AM
Habs

Its almost as if Andrei Kostitsyn is thrown on these lists by habit, instead of actual warrant.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 02:56 PM
SwordSlash666

6th place is really nice but I think we are ranked just a little to high. In the end, we look pretty good everywhere (I have a feeling Fisher is gonna be awesome in a couple of years) and our depth is really our greatest strength. We don't have a Staal or a Johnson but we have a bunch of guys who have the potential to play in the NHL.

SwordSlash666 is offline   Reply With Quote