HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yotes Shopping Boynton

Old
10-30-2006, 02:27 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Yotes Shopping Boynton

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10292006...rry_brooks.htm

yea its from larry brooks but if the yotes are shopping boynton the rangers must try their best to get him and not let it slip up like they did with Vishnevski. Would this deal get it done??

Rangers send Weekes, Rachunek and Immonen to the Yotes for Boynton and Tyson Nash. Weekes would upgrade their team in goal and they would get a skilled centre that they can use right now and it would give the rangers a dman that actually aint afraid to hit and take the body.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:32 AM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Love how all threads featuring a desireable player include one's own back-up goalie as a centerpiece of the trade. Get real.

JerryGigantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:35 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryGigantic View Post
Love how all threads featuring a desireable player include one's own back-up goalie as a centerpiece of the trade. Get real.
well Weekes would be a upgrade on what Yotes have in goal, so I guess ud rather deal Prucha or Staal for Boynton. Immonen would be the key piece, he should be with the Rangers now, he should replace no offense betts, just as good defensively, better offensively, not as big or physical. Dont understand why Immonen aint on the Rangers.

Old
10-30-2006, 02:43 AM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
well Weekes would be a upgrade on what Yotes have in goal, so I guess ud rather deal Prucha or Staal for Boynton. Immonen would be the key piece, he should be with the Rangers now, he should replace no offense betts, just as good defensively, better offensively, not as big or physical. Dont understand why Immonen aint on the Rangers.
There is a log jam as it is among skilled forwards, so a player might be better served logging big minutes in the AHL versus fighting their way into the line-up as a 4th liner getting 5-8 minutes of ice time.

Betts does suck, however. As does Marcel Hossa. And a few others. But Immonen, if not trade bait, is part of the future -- with Dawes, Prucha etc. -- who are all fighting for ice time as it is. Why ruin the development of a promising young player by heaving them into the fire -- especially when the team is struggling. Maybe they provide a spark. And maybe their confidence gets shot forever. Not worth it, especially 10 games in. Let the lines shake out naturally before putting a kid's career in harms way.

JerryGigantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:45 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
It's not what JG would like to deal, but what the Coyotes would accept in a deal...

Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:48 AM
Taz

I wouldnt mind Boyton, he's the type we need on defence right now a capable player who is tough and has more offence in him then say Malik, Kaspa, Rachunek. At the same time i would only get him if we could get rid of a defender in the trade.

Immonen + Rachunek and a 2nd

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 06:45 AM
shoothepuck

You send a D to get one back, not much more. Wasn't Boynton a -5 vs NY the other night?

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 07:29 AM
eco's bones

Despite the -5 the other night I've always liked Boynton. He's big and physical and not a slouch at moving the puck. I don't think AHall's offer would be unreasonable but I would take Weekes and Nash out of it. First of all I don't think Weekes is a real upgrade over LeNeveu and I don't see Phoenix buying on that and at the same time I don't know if the Rangers are ready to bring Montoya up yet--because they'll have to replace Kevin with someone. Just how ready Kevin is going to be the next time he gets a start (whenever that is) is a good question though. As for Immonen he's about 25--he's getting up there. He's not off to a good start in the AHL--neither is his team. Dubinsky seems more like the real deal when push comes to shove. Rachunek has not been good--for that matter there's about 3 other D (not playing well either) who make somewhere in the same range as Boynton who might also be traded besides Karel--and keep in mind that deals need to be made with one eye on your cap figure.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 07:44 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I think they need to play Weekes or send him to Hartford for conditioning untill he is put in. He needs to get games under his belt to be effective, I say call up Montoya have him be back-up and let Weekes play some games down in Hartford.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Balej20*

Doesn't it worry you a little bit that maybe Boynton isn't exactly a great guy to have on one's team...considering his last two teams both wanted him out.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 08:31 AM
Yzerplan
I has one.

Boynton is overrated.

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 08:47 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
I think Boynton makes 2.9 million for the next 3 years or something like that. Unless we are moving Malik or Kaspar in the deal it doesn't make much sense to add him to the mix (financially).

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 09:03 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10292006...rry_brooks.htm

yea its from larry brooks but if the yotes are shopping boynton the rangers must try their best to get him and not let it slip up like they did with Vishnevski. Would this deal get it done??

Rangers send Weekes, Rachunek and Immonen to the Yotes for Boynton and Tyson Nash. Weekes would upgrade their team in goal and they would get a skilled centre that they can use right now and it would give the rangers a dman that actually aint afraid to hit and take the body.

You cannot trade your backup goalie unless you have a backup goalie to fill that hole or you get one back in a trade. Valiquette is not the answer (although I'm sure you think he is) and there's not Yotes goaie I want back.

Oh, and I want no part of Tyson Nash. I wouldn't even know where you would play him (although I'm sure the answer involves Hossa or simply making another trade).

Also trading one defenseman for another does not resolve the current Ranger logjam on the blueline.

Come on man, please put some thought into these proposals.

10-30-2006, 09:04 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
I think Boynton makes 2.9 million for the next 3 years or something like that. Unless we are moving Malik or Kaspar in the deal it doesn't make much sense to add him to the mix (financially).
Good point.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 09:05 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
The Yotes are committed to play the kid in goal, so Weekes is not an upgrade.

Old
10-30-2006, 09:18 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Good point.
Very good point. Any trade for a defenseman, not only needs for two defensemen that are currently here to be traded, but also that one of the longer termed contracts (the aforementioned Kasper or Malik and/or even Rozsival) to be traded as well.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 09:28 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Boynton would be a huge upgrade over Kaspar, Rozsival, and Malik.

Though he still isn't the #2/3 kinda guy I'd like to see on the Rangers. He's an overrated player, but is still an upgrade over what we have.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 09:52 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Boynton would be a huge upgrade over Kaspar, Rozsival, and Malik.

Though he still isn't the #2/3 kinda guy I'd like to see on the Rangers. He's an overrated player, but is still an upgrade over what we have.
I'd call it this way. I'd rather pay $2.9 for Boynton than $2.5 for Malik or $2.75 for Ozolinsh.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 09:55 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

he is more physical than all our d combinded, not counting ward and tyutin. oh wait he is too physical for our euro soft d its sad that sather dont like hitting dman, he did pass on Vishnevsky when we could have offered more than what the Thrashers did. Great one Slats, he was too busy golfing or buying more cigars.

Old
10-30-2006, 10:06 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
he is more physical than all our d combinded, not counting ward and tyutin. oh wait he is too physical for our euro soft d its sad that sather dont like hitting dman, he did pass on Vishnevsky when we could have offered more than what the Thrashers did. Great one Slats, he was too busy golfing or buying more cigars.

Wouldn't be a complete JO post without the wouldve/shoudlve comment

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I'd call it this way. I'd rather pay $2.9 for Boynton than $2.5 for Malik or $2.75 for Ozolinsh.
Well, Ozo has looked good so far in spot action. I'll leave the axe alone for now and add Kaspar up there instead of him.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Evil Sather
YOU KILL THE JOE

So the major piece for a top-4 D is Jarkko "3 points in 9 AHL games, didnt average a PPG in the AHL last year, can't make the Rangers over a mentally challenged Marcel Hossa, useless Colton Orr, or 1-way Blair Betts" Immonen?

Oh, and we'll throw in our vastly overpaid backup goalie.

And our worst +/- guy by a longshot who is still re-learning the NHL rink, has no offensive skills to speak of that he's shown, is poor positionally, and doesn't hit.

Oh yeah, and Wayne, you'll be taking on salary in this deal too.

Be sure to CC your fax back here buddy. Thanks.

Evil Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:17 AM
Mark L

Send a message via MSN to Mark L
Well as this is my first post, I'm not sure what the general feeling about Kaspar is on here but for my money, Boynton would be an upgrade on him in every area. Kaspar isn't even a fighter anymore.

Mark L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:19 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
Well as this is my first post, I'm not sure what the general feeling about Kaspar is on here but for my money, Boynton would be an upgrade on him in every area. Kaspar isn't even a fighter anymore.
Welcome.

Kaspar was never a figher.

Old
10-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Mark L

Send a message via MSN to Mark L
Not for us. But he did a good job of pretending to be one in Pittsburgh.

Mark L is offline   Reply With Quote