HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Proposal Boston-Phoenix

Old
10-30-2006, 06:28 AM
Bruin72

vCash: 500
Trade Proposal Boston-Phoenix

To Phoenix D Mark Stuart, F Marco Sturm, and F David Krejic plus a 2nd round pick for Ladislav Nagy and Derek Morris!!! Im not so sure about cap hits but it looks like Phoenix is getting close to desperation and are in need of a major shake-up!!!!!

Last edited by Bruin72: 10-30-2006 at 06:42 AM. Reason: mistakes
Bruin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:10 PM

Sturm would be a nice acquisition, but I'll plead ignorance about Stuart & Krejic. The Coyotes have quite a bit of depth at defense with young guys loading up the pipeline. The only needs I see the team looking for would be scoring forwards and starting goaltenders.

This proposal looks way off base if you factor in what the Coyotes need in a deal.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:22 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Sturm is oft-injured like Nagy, but doesn't possess nearly the same skill set. A first rounder would need to be on the table from Boston's end for this to even be considered.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:24 PM
boredmale

if i am correct Sturm and Stuart as well as Nagy are all free agents at seasons end, basically leaving Morris for Krejic and a 2nd rounder at season end when both don't make the playoffs.

Bad deal Phoenix.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Furious George
Ville the Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
if i am correct Sturm and Stuart as well as Nagy are all free agents at seasons end, basically leaving Morris for Krejic and a 2nd rounder at season end when both don't make the playoffs.

Bad deal Phoenix.
That's the other Stuart, Brad is the impending FA, Mark has only played 17 career games.

Furious George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:38 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post

Bad deal Phoenix.
Wrong Stuart.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Gwyddbwyll

So Nagy for Stuart + 2nd, Morris for Krejci

Nagy is worth a good prospect and a second and Krejci is very promising too. Seems pretty reasonable to me even without Sturm who I guess would be roster filler for Phoenix for the season. Unless Stuart is looking real bad or something. I'd prefer an offensive talent for Nagy instead, especially considering Phoenix is already deep on defensemen. Value-wise seems good, but I dont think Boston would do this since their season isnt going too well either.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 06:41 PM
goalieman40

Mark Stuart is supposed to turn out better than Morris, and i dont see much difference between Nagy and Sturm, though i dont know a lot about Nagy. I doubt boston would do it

goalieman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Dark Knight
We The North !!

Nagy hasnt had 60 points ever in a season. His injury history is sure to scare many teams off..

I'm sure they'll get a 1st rounder for Nagy, but it will be a last minute trade deadline deal.

10-30-2006, 07:09 PM
1datsyuk3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin72 View Post
To Phoenix D Mark Stuart, F Marco Sturm, and F David Krejic plus a 2nd round pick for Ladislav Nagy and Derek Morris!!! Im not so sure about cap hits but it looks like Phoenix is getting close to desperation and are in need of a major shake-up!!!!!
Like OMG!!!!

1datsyuk3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
It doesn't work for Boston. It's so incredibly impossible from Boston's POV that I won't even bother to explain.

10-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slave View Post
Nagy hasnt had 60 points ever in a season. His injury history is sure to scare many teams off..

I'm sure they'll get a 1st rounder for Nagy, but it will be a last minute trade deadline deal.
Agreed on both counts.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I doubt Phoenix would.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 07:45 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious George View Post
That's the other Stuart, Brad is the impending FA, Mark has only played 17 career games.
opps i guess those speed reading lessons i bought not 100% accurate, that being said Pheonix can probably get more for Nagy at the trade dealine and keep Morris.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 07:54 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

It's the best proposal I've seen for Nagy. I still wouldn't do it because it doesn't address Phoenix's needs. Sturm (I really like this player) is older than Nagy, and we have PLENTY of quality young defenseman (Michalek, Ballard, Jones, Yandle, ect.), so Marc Stuart (I really, really like this player alot, too) is kind of lost in the shuffle. Ideally Phoenix would want a very good scoring prospect for Nagy. Although I would have an extremely tough time turning down Tuukka Rask if he were offered in return for Nagy.