HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

+/- Of Montreal

Old
10-30-2006, 10:06 AM
oop007*

vCash: 500
+/- Of Montreal

Perezhogin leads Montreal with a +5. Must say, am impressed that perez leads our teams +/-.

However, not impressed that Souray has 12 points and is a -4. That's kinda crappy.

He's on fire now... how long will he be for though.... we could trade him for somebody good defensively while he's on fire... then the other team gets screwed when Souray goes cold and we get a solid physical defensemen. Or... we could keep Souray and hope that even if he doesn't perform well all of the season, that he will for most or at least in the playoffs.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:10 AM
AD

Lets not trade Souray.

He has the highlight worthy mistakes, yes. But he also comes with a big body bruising d-man, clear the front of the net, big pplay presense.

He's our version of Brian Mccabe right now, and at the price they,re paying Mccabe, I'm happy we have Shelley!

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:12 AM
terreur

I agree with Aymand, Souray is our McCabe, we should try to see what kind of money he would ask, but if he wants a ridiculous contract, maybe we could deal him if we get a excellent offer, but I wouldn't mind keeping him for the playoffs.

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
Perezhogin leads Montreal with a +5. Must say, am impressed that perez leads our teams +/-.

However, not impressed that Souray has 12 points and is a -4. That's kinda crappy.

He's on fire now... how long will he be for though.... we could trade him for somebody good defensively while he's on fire... then the other team gets screwed when Souray goes cold and we get a solid physical defensemen. Or... we could keep Souray and hope that even if he doesn't perform well all of the season, that he will for most or at least in the playoffs.
Are you just trying to get rid of all our defencemen.

Rivet will retire
Souray we'll trade.

Can't wait to hear what you have planned for Markov next week.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:15 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
Lets not trade Souray.

He has the highlight worthy mistakes, yes. But he also comes with a big body bruising d-man, clear the front of the net, big pplay presense.

He's our version of Brian Mccabe right now, and at the price they,re paying Mccabe, I'm happy we have Shelley!
If he continues on this path, playing a McCabe like game, we can probably say good-bye to old SS. He'll price himself above his value, I 'd expect. I wouldn't pay #1 $ to a guy who struggles in certain situations, though I really like the guy. maybe not, but it'll be interesting to see how this develops.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:16 AM
oop007*

I do agree actually. It would just suck if Souray stops performing and then all he becomes is the mistake-man you see in the highlight reel getting beaten all the time who doesn't perform. Cause then we couldn't get rid of him. I think it is smartest at the moment to keep him though. If anything he's been better then McCabe this season(for the cost).

Old
10-30-2006, 10:16 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post

Rivet will retire
Souray we'll trade.

Public flogging ? Haven't seen that in awhile.

Old
10-30-2006, 10:19 AM
oop007*

Quote:

Rivet will retire
Souray we'll trade.

What's funny is. I never said we should trade him. I asked for your opinions. It could go either way. But instead of giving me an opinion, you just act like a jerk and make a dumb comment like that.

Actually, I like Markov.

And at worst, I was saying we should take advantage of the fact that Souray is Hot/Cold, and when he's hot trade him for a more solid D man. In essence not trying to get rid of all our defencemen because I never said I wanted him traded. Asked what you all thought of the idea of keeping or trading him. Could have many outcomes.

Either way, don't be a jerk. I never did anything to you, I asked an opinion, you couldn't even do that. So really, if you can't do what your asked in a thread, don't even post in it. If your just going to pick apart every thread I write then get a life.

Old
10-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Artie

Quote:
I do agree actually. It would just suck if Souray stops performing and then all he becomes is the mistake-man you see in the highlight reel getting beaten all the time who doesn't perform. Cause then we couldn't get rid of him. I think it is smartest at the moment to keep him though. If anything he's been better then McCabe this season(for the cost).
I'll give you credit for one thing...you sure are a great conversation starter

Old
10-30-2006, 10:21 AM
oop007*

Quote:
I'll give you credit for one thing...you sure are a great conversation starter
It's the A.D.D.

Old
10-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Artie

Quote:
What's funny is. I never said we should trade him. I asked for your opinions. It could go either way. But instead of giving me an opinion, you just act like a jerk and make a dumb comment like that.

Actually, I like Markov.

And at worst, I was saying we should take advantage of the fact that Souray is Hot/Cold, and when he's hot trade him for a more solid D man. In essence not trying to get rid of all our defencemen because I never said I wanted him traded. Asked what you all thought of the idea of keeping or trading him. Could have many outcomes.

Either way, don't be a jerk. I never did anything to you, I asked an opinion, you couldn't even do that. So really, if you can't do what your asked in a thread, don't even post in it. If your just going to pick apart every thread I write then get a life.
You're right, I've been having hot and cold flashes lately. Maybe I should retire before I get traded to another board.

Old
10-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Public flogging ? Haven't seen that in awhile.
You haven't been at my place then.

Happens regualrly, it's the only to control the kids on the street.

Old
10-30-2006, 10:28 AM
oop007*

Quote:
You're right, I've been having hot and cold flashes lately. Maybe I should retire before I get traded to another board.
Never said Retire Souray. And fact is I was wrong about Rivet, something I can admit. People sometimes say things that are wrong. Doesn't mean you have to hold it against them for the rest of their lives. Your supposedly 40+ yrs old, but you act like your 17, something I can definitely say I do, is act my own age. So I was wrong about something, at least I can admit it, Rivet shouldn't retire and it was a stupid thread. But fact is, I'm not some 45 yr old dude flaming people on a forum over a week after they said something in a different thread. Leave the Rivet thing be. Learn to read. I never said we should trade Souray, I asked other's opinions on if it would be a good or bad idea.

Old
10-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Tuggy

Trade Perez while his value is high!

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:33 AM
oop007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Trade Perez while his value is high!
Trading perez would be a big mistake. Perez is going to be huge once he's put on a line with sammy/kovalev.

Old
10-30-2006, 10:34 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
It's the A.D.D.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Artie

Quote:
Never said Retire Souray. And fact is I was wrong about Rivet, something I can admit. People sometimes say things that are wrong. Doesn't mean you have to hold it against them for the rest of their lives. Your supposedly 40+ yrs old, but you act like your 17, something I can definitely say I do, is act my own age. So I was wrong about something, at least I can admit it, Rivet shouldn't retire and it was a stupid thread. But fact is, I'm not some 45 yr old dude flaming people on a forum over a week after they said something in a different thread. Leave the Rivet thing be. Learn to read. I never said we should trade Souray, I asked other's opinions on if it would be a good or bad idea.
I'm going to go have a poutine and a nap now.

I'll deal with you when I get back.

Old
10-30-2006, 10:44 AM
mcphee

Quote:
I'm going to go have a poutine and a nap now.

I'll deal with you when I get back.
Bully.

Old
10-30-2006, 10:48 AM
oop007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Bully.
I honestly don't see what the guys problem is though. If he's french and doesn't understand my thread fully, then I can see why he says the things he says but come on. I asked of opinions, I never said "TRADE SOURAY!! TRADE HIM!!!!". All I wanted to know is if people thought it might be smart to considering his hot/cold history.(especially early in the season or pre-playoffs).

Old
10-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Montrealer

The entire team's +/- ratings are skewed, due to our power play dominating our overall scoring right now.

For Souray, he's the kind of guy that has to be very effective on the PP to make up for his defensive mishaps; so far, that's been the case (and then some) so I'm content with him.

Like others said, he's our own version of McCabe, though I think Souray's a *bit* better defensively.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:54 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Maybe Souray's +/- is not that good...

But you seem to forget/conveniently ignore that he is the best D-man in the whole league so far as for points on the PP (even the best player if I'm not mistaken). Which statistics, as we know it all, don't affect his +/- ratio.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Teufelsdreck

Take away Souray, and the power play goes poof. With it goes some of the Habs' wins. Yes, he's made mistakes, but he's not solely responsible for all of his minuses. Other guys on the ice with him are also part of the problem. For example, there have been a number of gripes on this forum about Rivet. Poor goaltending also plays a role. Aebischer and Huet between them have allowed 3.3 GPG.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 11:07 AM
mcphee

Quote:
I honestly don't see what the guys problem is though. If he's french and doesn't understand my thread fully, then I can see why he says the things he says but come on. I asked of opinions, I never said "TRADE SOURAY!! TRADE HIM!!!!". All I wanted to know is if people thought it might be smart to considering his hot/cold history.(especially early in the season or pre-playoffs).
I think Artie may speak 3 languages in a a manner that you may someday reach, so I don't think that's the issue. I think he's in a mid life crisis and may in fact be dangerous.

In truth, oopoo, speaking for myself, I think we put way too much emphasis on single instances, and tend to over react. I'm glad you had the stones to admit you were off base in your Rivet should retire thread. What happened is that became a reference point to how we over react to things, at least in some poster's opinions, myself included. Maybe that's unfair to you, but it's meant in fun.

Kovalev had a good 3rd period with Perez and Sammy, now our problems are solved. Hell, we don't know that, we hope that. 2 different things.

A bad game becomes, 'une honte', a good game makes us contenders. A pass to the point rather than behind the net means some players don't get along.

Sometimes things have to work themselves out. A coach will often have his reasons for not doing wha we think is obvious. Sometimes a bad game is a bad game.

As for Souray, it's a matter of letting things develop. He's been in trouble defensively, his pairing isn't playing well, and the team has to either split them up or work with them to correct it. Right now, I have a hard time seeing how a trade could be made, unless you swap one impending ufa for another.

I've heard about 2 specific teams looking for veteran D help. SJ and Philly. Philly would want a more mobile player. SJ would look to add closer the deadline imo, but here's the problem as I see it. They want a veteran D. If our guys fit the bill, we only deal if the season's going down the tubes. They won't weaken their D corps going into the po's and we don't want to either. Mtl's reached the point that we shouldn't deal for just futures.

Old
10-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Quiet Robert

I think it's time for Souray to retire.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 11:19 AM
GSK*

NO NO NO!

Guys you don't understand, thats what habs need:

Kovalev + Samsonov + Price + Souray + Huet/Aebischer + Perezhogin + Grabovsky + 1st rounder 2007 - 2008 - 2009

VS

Lyle Odelein

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote