HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Rangers @ Kings: 10:30PM EST (MSG, FSN West)

Old
10-31-2006, 11:57 AM
kendawg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhockeyfever View Post
As I said earlier, this Rangers team was an absolute disgrace. Losing to a 3-10 team?! Are they f***en
kidding me?! Leave it to the Rangers to cure a sh**ty team's ills. Been like that for years. This is exactly
what I feared after that mirage for a win in Phoenix. A HUGE letdown against the Hollywood Queens.
And I agree, their fans at the Staples Center were real low class, let me tell ya. This isn't a knock at all
against the Kings fans on their team board, but the ones at the arena really embarassed them though.
Seriously, the "Rangers suck" chants? Oops, I forgot. They're still bitter the Mets swept their sorry ***
Dodgers team out of the playoffs! At the same time, what have the Kings won in their franchise history?
Any championships? Do I hear anyone in L.A. speak up? Hmmm? I can hear a pin drop because
they've got NOTHING! You want to say the Rangers suck, at least back up your own team with a Cup title
at least. Since you cannot, shut your f**ken mouth. And they boo Jaromir Jagr. What the hell for?
Keep in mind the inferiority complex that Los Angeles has with New York City. So they take things out on us.
Not like Islanders and Devils fans, mind you.

People are hyping this Anze Kopitar kid like he's the next Jagr or Gretzky. Get real! Excellent talent,
but you know what? That's about the most happiness Kings fans will have all season. Watch someone
actually skate and do something with the puck that's worth the price of admission.

As for the game, I knew the Kings had motivation behind them. Earth to the Rangers! Wake the **** up!
You'd think the Rangers would've withstood their determination, but NOOOOOO! Meantime, from the looks
of things, it really did feel like the Kings spent 18 or 19 first period minutes in the Rangers zone!
Rangers penalty after penalty, Kings power play after power play. Seriously, I could not be any more
in agreement, the Rangers defensemen as a whole were horrible. What were they? AHLers out there?
Marek Malik cannot keep the heart of Rangers fans with that circus shootout goal from last year can he?
Cannot say I think so. He turned the puck over twice in like 15 seconds in the neutral zone late in the first period.
What the hell was Michal Rozsival doing out there? Smoking weed? How about Darius Kasparaitis?
What the hell has he done this season? Is he hitting people? NO! Try taking stupid penalties just like
a bunch of his teammates have. Want to model themselves after the Coyotes' lack of discipline?
Look at their tapes and give the opposition more power plays! Sure, spot them one before the opening faceoff,
maybe that will do the trick.

Another thing, is it me or am I the one smoking dope that the Rangers couldn't handle the puck like it was a disease?
You know, them thinking they didn't want to touch the puck like the plague? Then when they had power plays
especially in the third period, they cannot score a lick against this guy Mathieu Garon. This being the same goalie
that lost L.A.'s previous game against the grossly overrated Dallas Stars.

Guess what? The Rangers blew their chance for a good Western road trip. Think about what awaits them
just 25 to 30 miles to the southeast. A much better team that will kick the living S**T out of them
should we see a repeat of tonight. And regardless of who's in net, the Rangers will get shelled
if they leave the goalie hung out to dry like they did tonight and other games this season. No surprise here
if they finish 1-3 by Friday morning.

And it only gets tougher from here. Good friggin' night.
OK....first....yes, the Kings were 3-10 coming into this game. BUT, did you look who has beat them in 7 of those games? Anaheim, Minnesota, and Dallas. Yeah, 7 of our 10 losses were against 3 of the top 5 teams in the league. Most Kings fans knew that this year's team wasn't going to make the playoffs, but we are excited about the team's future. After reading through this thread about what some of your team's fans have said about Cammalleri and Kopitar, it makes me even more proud of where the Kings are headed.

Oh, I forgot to mention, NOBODY on letsgokings has compared Kopitar to Gretzky or Jagr. The first time I saw that was on page 4 or 5 of this thread and it amused me. But, you are right....He IS the best reason to watch this team right now.

I wasn't at the game last night, but it seemed to me like the Kings fans weren't going to chant ANYTHING until the "Let's go Rangers!" chant started going. The Kings fans almost NEVER chant, and I've never been to a game where we chant "_____ suck!" It's safe to say that the Rangers fans at the game last night brought that upon themselves.

And no, we in Los Angeles couldn't give a crap about New York. The only time I EVER think about New York is when somebody mentions terrible weather. I don't love it, nor do I hate it. People in LA just don't worry about New York. Sorry if you thought we all HATED New York with a passion, but we really don't give a **** about your city either way.

kendawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 11:59 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

vCash: 529
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
I was at the game last night too. When I left, Kings fans were acting like total *******s toward me and it really pissed me off. The kings win one game and that makes them feel high and mighty? The Kings are my second favorite team and I don't hate them but I do hate their ignorant fans who know basically nothing and then talk trash. Not saying all Kings fans are ignorant, but I do know that a lot those fans were acting ignorant last night.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 12:03 PM
TeMoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
I was at the game last night too. When I left, Kings fans were acting like total *******s toward me and it really pissed me off. The kings win one game and that makes them feel high and mighty? The Kings are my second favorite team and I don't hate them but I do hate their ignorant fans who know basically nothing and then talk trash. Not saying all Kings fans are ignorant, but I do know that a lot those fans were acting ignorant last night.
thats them

TeMoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 12:06 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

vCash: 529
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeMoZ View Post
thats them
I'm gonna go the Rangers Ducks game tommorow. If I get the same crap from Ducks fans if we lose, I will make a similar post

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 12:09 PM
kendawg

Quote:
I'm gonna go the Rangers Ducks game tommorow. If I get the same crap from Ducks fans if we lose, I will make a similar post
Nah, 12-year-olds and their mothers won't talk crap to you

They have a good team down there, don't be surprised if they win 6-2

Old
10-31-2006, 12:18 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhockeyfever View Post
After last year's disgraceful crap Jim Dolan pulled regarding the West Side stadium debacle I'm surprised that Rangers fans haven't revolted against this joke for an owner. For as long as he's in charge of the grand operation, don't expect any championships from the Garden teams.
And how would we do that?

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 12:21 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Well I think we can say a few things with some degree of confidence.

This defense gets beat far too much.

The powerplay is simply not working, whatever they are trying to do just is not cutting it.

Blair Betts is not a second line center and expecting him to transform into one isn't fair for anyone, least of all Blair.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 12:25 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendawg View Post
I wasn't at the game last night, but it seemed to me like the Kings fans weren't going to chant ANYTHING until the "Let's go Rangers!" chant started going. The Kings fans almost NEVER chant, and I've never been to a game where we chant "_____ suck!" It's safe to say that the Rangers fans at the game last night brought that upon themselves.
I agree with that. The more i think about it it was a relatively docile crownd until the Shanahan goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendawg View Post
And no, we in Los Angeles couldn't give a crap about New York. The only time I EVER think about New York is when somebody mentions terrible weather. I don't love it, nor do I hate it. People in LA just don't worry about New York. Sorry if you thought we all HATED New York with a passion, but we really don't give a **** about your city either way.
You may not care about NY, but the guy behind me couldnt stop comparing every bad play the Rangers made to Jeter, or Bernie Williams. "Look he Jetered it."

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 12:25 PM
kendawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Well I think we can say a few things with some degree of confidence.

This defense gets beat far too much.

The powerplay is simply not working, whatever they are trying to do just is not cutting it.

Blair Betts is not a second line center and expecting him to transform into one isn't fair for anyone, least of all Blair.
As for the powerplay, I noticed that it looked very similar to the Kings powerplay. Instead of 1-2 quick passes and a shot, they were holding onto the puck for too long at the point without getting a shot on goal.

Old
10-31-2006, 12:26 PM
kendawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
You may not care about NY, but the guy behind me couldnt stop comparing every bad play the Rangers made to Jeter, or Bernie Williams. "Look he Jetered it."
Ahh...what an a$$

Old
10-31-2006, 12:29 PM
dbbourn

Quote:
Never been to a Kings home game so I'm not sure what the scene is like for fans of the road team, but I have been to many Rangers/Kings games wearing my Kings Jersey and have yet to have a terrible experience. Maybe some boos here and there, or a comment like "Kings Suck," but nothing too bad. Regardless, you should EXPECT some sort of rousing if you come into somebody elses house.... All in good fun.

dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 12:31 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbourn View Post
Never been to a Kings home game so I'm not sure what the scene is like for fans of the road team, but I have been to many Rangers/Kings games wearing my Kings Jersey and have yet to have a terrible experience. Maybe some boos here and there, or a comment like "Kings Suck," but nothing too bad. Regardless, you should EXPECT some sort of rousing if you come into somebody elses house.... All in good fun.
Yes im sensing that some people are taking these "_____ sucks!!" cheers a little too personally.

Old
10-31-2006, 12:35 PM
sling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
On the second line - Cullen played pretty well, as did Shanny. That line may actually score goals if it had a center - Betts is centering the league's leading scorer and has zero assists this season (one goal). Does this make any sense? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?
This hits the nail on the head even harder. How can a coach justify having Betts center the leading goal scorer in the NHL?

Add in the fact mentioned that Betts has not assisted on ANY goals, and you have to just give up. I mean, if Renney can't realiaze this simple stuff, how will he realize anything else?

Maybe Shanny would score more with an actual #2 center. Nah...let the 4th line center handle setting up Shanny.

Renney belongs on the Island with Wang. Someone who thinks like him.

sling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 12:39 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Blair was a good (not great) 4th line center with injury problems.

Where the theory of making him a second line center came from, I'll never know.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 01:09 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by sling View Post
This hits the nail on the head even harder. How can a coach justify having Betts center the leading goal scorer in the NHL?

Add in the fact mentioned that Betts has not assisted on ANY goals, and you have to just give up. I mean, if Renney can't realiaze this simple stuff, how will he realize anything else?

Maybe Shanny would score more with an actual #2 center. Nah...let the 4th line center handle setting up Shanny.

Renney belongs on the Island with Wang. Someone who thinks like him.
Craig Conroy is available and he would give us two solid lines...

This team needs to get rid of these defenseman and fast. They are cancer. They were mediocre last season and they are degenerating fast this season.

And Tom Renney, Pellino, and Pearn.... seriously fellas the team has shown no improvement from game to game. Do they even listen to you?

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 01:27 PM
dabeechman

Hey Kings fan here. Just wanted to give my observations on the poor hospitality you guys are complaining of.

I just watched the game on the tele, but from what i saw the kings werent booing the rangers because of hatred, but the boo's started AFTER the refs called the avery dive. I never heard a boo before that moment. So they werent booing the rangers or the fans, but the ref for calling the penalty.

Also, all you folks depressed because the kings beat you. Like the one gentleman said, we were 3-10 but most of those losses coming against top tier teams. The kings have outplayed minnesota, dallas, and detroit, they just didnt have points to show for it. They also stomped phoenix 4-0, so predicting an easy win after routing phoenix shouldnt be expected.

You guys have a pretty promising goaltender. Good luck in the season.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 02:05 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Hey Kings fan here. Just wanted to give my observations on the poor hospitality you guys are complaining of.

I just watched the game on the tele, but from what i saw the kings werent booing the rangers because of hatred, but the boo's started AFTER the refs called the avery dive. I never heard a boo before that moment. So they werent booing the rangers or the fans, but the ref for calling the penalty.

Also, all you folks depressed because the kings beat you. Like the one gentleman said, we were 3-10 but most of those losses coming against top tier teams. The kings have outplayed minnesota, dallas, and detroit, they just didnt have points to show for it. They also stomped phoenix 4-0, so predicting an easy win after routing phoenix shouldnt be expected.

You guys have a pretty promising goaltender. Good luck in the season.
i didn't read any of the thread but if they were booing the rangers or their fans.. who the EFF cares? you people calling that poor hospitality are nuts.. go to MSG one day and see how opposing team and their fans get cheered..

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 02:07 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I agree with that. The more i think about it it was a relatively docile crownd until the Shanahan goal.

LMAO.. i'm not a yankee fan but thats just stupid.. you should have corrected his dumbass and said.. no sir.. AROD.. not jeter

its funny cuz in the softball league i play in, whenever someone is up with an RBI chance and they get out, their teammates call him arod..

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 02:07 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
i didn't read any of the thread but if they were booing the rangers or their fans.. who the EFF cares? you people calling that poor hospitality are nuts.. go to MSG one day and see how opposing team and their fans get cheered..
Yea really, it's making all Ranger fans look childish. Let's stop the crying.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Sorry I didnt read all of the posts, but was Lundqvist decent after the first period. I saw up to the first period and he looked pretty good,even though he let in two goals. But to be fair I dont think he had much of a chance on either of them. So overall how did he look for the rest of the game?

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 02:09 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
its funny cuz in the softball league i play in, whenever someone is up with an RBI chance and they get out, their teammates call him arod..
lol, whenever i play any sport (Hockey, Football, softball) and someone chokes in a big spot, he is called A-Rod. I think that has become a very common thing around NY.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 02:25 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Sorry I didnt read all of the posts, but was Lundqvist decent after the first period. I saw up to the first period and he looked pretty good,even though he let in two goals. But to be fair I dont think he had much of a chance on either of them. So overall how did he look for the rest of the game?
Very good in the first, besides another crazy deflection goal.

Made some big saves in the second but let up a so-so knuckler from the point that couldve been stopped.

Was playing back in the net for the 3rd and 4th goals, the 3rd a good pass that was more of Kaspars fault in front and the 4th he should have stopped in the closing seconds of the second even though Avery shouldnt have gotten the shot off at all. (seemed like 3 forwards, mostly Betts was trying to stick check him instead of using the body, nothing new there)

He was going to his knees a little too quickly (probably because hes constantly screened by his own men) again but seemed a little more poised, but still not the old Henrik.

Someone said that he was being waved to the bench with a minute left and refused to go, but i didnt see that so i cant say if he did or didnt (but why would they pull him in a 4-1 game??) - i doubt that happened

Old
10-31-2006, 03:17 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Hmm I doubt he would refuse to go to the bench, because like you said why would they call him to the bench with a minute remaining. And #2 it just doesnt seem like a Lundqvist move to just ignore the coaching staffs wishes. But again I didnt see the whole game so I dont know. I was glad to see him playing relativly well during the first period, he was playing better than he has in the last few game, but yet again his D didnt give him a chance to stop any of those goals. But he was getting fustrated during the first period, Sam or Joe mentioned it when Henrik threw his arms up in the w-t-f manner so I dont know. I would just hate for him to start second guessing himself when he really wasnt at fault for 3 of the 4 goals. This D needs to get on the same page!!!

Edit: thanks for the break down HockeyBasedNYC

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Haik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
r (although Norstrom ain't no slouch either - man do I still wish he was never traded - what a guy - was willing to give up the 'C' for Blake).
Jagr isn't gonna face a tougher D tandom than Norstrom-Miller.

Haik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 03:30 PM
cityhockeyfever

Look, I usually don't raise a stink like that. I have a thick skin and don't let something like that irritate me
(c'mon, I'm from New York here), but as far as that particular point I brought up, I just had a problem
with the basis of those chants. That's all. And they were happening before Shanahan's goal,
not after as posters at the Kings board said. That was last night and I don't care anymore.

If anything, I was pissed off about the loss, who they lost to and how they lost.
It was complete frustration that has gotten to a point that "fed up" isn't even a description I can use.
I laugh at myself for letting lose some of that. I'm kind of glad Kings fans over there enjoyed it.

And they won fair and square. As I said to Kings fans, their team won fair and square.
Yeah, they're better than the 3-10 record they have, but if the Rangers want to be considered
among the playoff contending teams, they have to beat those that are more so in rebuilding mode
and not a contender. And the Rangers deserved to lose with that performance. Plain and simple.

cityhockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote