HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumour *Possible trade with Washington going down*

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2003, 04:42 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 500
Rumour *Possible trade with Washington going down*

Good day,

I can't say the source, but rumour's have it that there is a big trade going down between montreal and washington

It involves a defenceman (Possibly Souray) and a prospect (Possibly Pierre Dagenais) for a good foward!!!!!

Old
11-24-2003, 04:46 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Good day,

I can't say the source, but rumour's have it that there is a big trade going down between montreal and washington

It involves a defenceman (Possibly Souray) and a prospect (Possibly Pierre Dagenais) for a good foward!!!!!
possibly souray and possibly dagenais..... i like it! can't get more reliable than this!

Old
11-24-2003, 04:48 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Well, If we move Souray we only get worse. But, If Jeff Halpern's coming our way..

Dagenais isn't much of a prospect, though.

Old
11-24-2003, 04:48 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
possibly souray and possibly dagenais..... i like it! can't get more reliable than this!

Old
11-24-2003, 04:51 PM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
wow
it would be nice to speculate whom might be comming our way if we do give up "possibly" everybody on our team
(sarcasam)

Old
11-24-2003, 04:56 PM
jcpenny

Forget about souray, he and his beautiful wife aint movin.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:06 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Well, If we move Souray we only get worse. But, If Jeff Halpern's coming our way..

Dagenais isn't much of a prospect, though.
Even if Halpern comming, losing Souray hurts much more than Halpern could help...

Old
11-24-2003, 05:10 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Ok, let's say this rumour is actually true (I know it's a stretch). Possible trades with Wsh (that help us somewhat)
Perreault+Quintal>Gonchar
Rivet+Dackell>Halpern+8th rounder
Perreault+Kilger>Grier+4th rounder
Quintal+5th rounder>Witt
Jagr is a huge risk, Bondra could work but he'd bolt right at season's end once he became a UFA, Nylander's hurt and Lang would only further screw up our position at C. We need scoring wingers but I guess blueline and 3rd/4th line toughness needs to be added if we were to trade with the Caps. Yet somehow, I don't believe a trade is going down.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:16 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Who the heck was in net for Washington tonight? Never heard of him before. Washington smoked the Wings in Detroit. wow. Joseph was pulled half way through the first. Lang and Jagr had 3 pts each.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:17 PM
RE-HABS

?
Why would Montreal trade their best and strongest Dman, isn't the whole idea of making a trade to get better...not worse?

Dagenais being called up makes some sense to show him at an NHL level, but he could have been had by the other 29 teams for nothing at all this summer just like Montreal got him.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:23 PM
MontrealCruiser_83*

I've gotten some more detail on the players involved!!!

They most likely all have 2 legs, a nose, 2 ears, 2 eyes 10 toes, 2 hands, 10 fingers, 1 dick... more to follow

Old
11-24-2003, 05:28 PM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealCruiser_83
I've gotten some more detail on the players involved!!!

They most likely all have 2 legs, a nose, 2 ears, 2 eyes 10 toes, 2 hands, 10 fingers, 1 dick... more to follow
Get us how many teeth they each have (the real ones left...), then we'll know for sure !

Old
11-24-2003, 05:36 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
Get us how many teeth they each have (the real ones left...), then we'll know for sure !
Yes, if the players still have each and everyone of their teeth, than we probably have traded Jagr for Audette.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:38 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
How can this thread still be on? There are absolutely no sources. Yeah, and by the way, I heard rumors that Habs4life might be 10 years old and look something like this:

Details to come

Old
11-24-2003, 05:43 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Great! An other I-can't-name-my-source-but-I-heard rumor.

I don't see a single forward in Washington that would get Souray out of Montreal unless Gainey is not in his right mind. They're all overpaid like crazy, too old or just average NHLers. As I've previously mentioned, the only players interesting on that underacheiving squad would be Grier and possibly Halpern, but none would justify parting with Souray. Now if it was Rivet...

Old
11-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Guy!

If Montreal is going to make a trade, Washington probably *would* be the best partner since they are in desperate need of defenders.

Having said that, Leonsis said today that the team sucked and that there were probably going to be no changes via the trade route to help out the club. Now, I know that's just talk and really anything can happen, but trades in the NHL today, under the economic climate that exists is problematic, to say the least.

That said...

The likelyhood that Souray is involved in a trade is significantly lower today than it was yesterday since Hainsey was sent down. Consider that the Habs now have more righties in the lineup than lefties, would it make sense to send away the number one lefty and then have to recall Hainsey within days of sending him down? Illogical. If a trade for Souray was in the works, I would suggest to you that Hainsey would be playing a whole lot more.

The fact that it was Komi who was called up leads me to believe that, if there is a trade, it's going to be a right defender on the move. We have plenty of 'established' vets including two that Montreal probably wants to get rid of sooner rather than later. There's no hiding from the fact that Breezer and Rivet make too much and each has elements that would get at least a little interest from a team like the Caps with virtually zero defence. Rivet is a big guy who can skate and even plays tough on occasion. There's no rapping his effort and his leadership qualities either. Breezer has been playing better and better and suddenly looks like he'd be worthwhile to have, even if somewhat overpaid. I would suggest that any trade with Washington would involve one of these two as the starter piece.

I'd be shocked if the Caps wanted Dagenais at all, but there's no accounting for taste, and the fact he was called up in curious indeed when most Hab fans consider that there were plenty of others they'd like to see more than he. Was he brought up to showcase? Perhaps a legitimate question considering the circumstances surrounding the club as of late. Does he actually do anything for the Caps? Debatable.

And what would we get in return in any trade? I've mentioned this on another post, but I think the likeliest candidates are Grier and Battaglia. I don't see us looking for another centre as we've already got a glut now, and there's not a whole lot more that's interesting on that squad. Remember that Leonsis also wants to reduce the payroll so if either Breezy or Rivet are involved, the person coming this way will probably have to make a fair bit. Does that mean Bondra is in the running? Perhaps, but it's a well-known fact that when he was virtually traded to Montreal a couple of years ago, he nixed the deal saying he'd not report. If he's the centrepiece, Gainey is going to have to do a lot of sweet-talking - assuming he gets that permission.

Jagr is, of course, the other interesting item on that team, though I can't see him really coming to Montreal. There's the payroll issue to consider, and one would have to expect that either the Caps would pay for some of Jagr, or some other big ticket Hab would be on his way over to Washington. As for Jagr's cost, let's be honest here and say the market isn't what it once was. Think of how little the Caps paid to get him - there's no reason to suspect the Habs would have to pay any more. May I suggest a solid defender, perhaps a youngish forward like a Hossa (or a Dagenais?) and a pick would probably suffice - especially if Montreal is convinced to eat salary. In fact, if they were, you might even look at taking that pick off the deal. Addition by subtraction for Washington as they free up payroll and get someone to take the collar off the organization.

But of course, all this is purely speculation and, while I've tried to take the economic and current Cap roster into consideration, any trade would probably look significantly different than what's written here. These two teams would probably make good trading partners, but that's in theory. In the reality of today's NHL, trades are the toughest thing going.

A concerned fan.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:50 PM
habitants9_4

How about this...lol

Gordon
Eminger
Semin
Yonkman

for

Hainsey
Souray
Dagenais
Korneev

Old
11-24-2003, 05:54 PM
RE-HABS

When people talk about a trade with the Caps they never mention Lang, even though he is in the top 5 of the league for scoring the Caps would still dump that salary because it is easier than dumping Jagr's. They were looking at doing that in the summer, I don't think they stopped.

Lang for Perreault would work for the Caps, Perreault is about 2 million cheaper plus a free agent. They would bite, but would Montreal? Only is they can dump salary elsewhere in a trade.
Two scoring lines:
Ryder - Koivu - Zednik
Hossa - Lang - Riberio (both Lang and Ribs could play centre)

Old
11-24-2003, 05:54 PM
Habs4Life

Please close this thread the source lied to me!

Old
11-24-2003, 05:56 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
I think you should reveal your source then, becuase no one will believe any trade rumor you post again. Sorry but that is how the board works here.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:58 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
RDS aurait aparement pris l'histoire

Old
11-24-2003, 06:03 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
So this is your idea of fun eh? Enjoy your forced stay out of the boards.

Old
11-24-2003, 06:11 PM
Habs4Life

A friend that works at the canteen at the molson centre...

I apologize, unfortunately i have lost my reputation in this matter and understand the rules of the board

Old
11-24-2003, 06:12 PM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
Well since he lied to you im sure you wouldn't mind telling us the source now eh?

Old
11-24-2003, 06:14 PM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
A friend that works at the canteen at the molson centre...

I apologize, unfortunately i have lost my reputation in this matter and understand the rules of the board
Hahahahahahaha

Hahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Why the hell couldnt u tell the source? maybe coz you lied in the first place, maybe coz this whole thing is a lie, good job bonehead.

Closed Thread