HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your Lines for Tommorow!

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2003, 01:49 PM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
Your Lines for Tommorow!

What would your lines be after the two callups.

Here's mine:

Perreault-Koivu-Zednik
Ryder-Ribeiro-Dagenais
Bulis-Juneau-Dackell
Langdon-Begin-Sundstrom

Brisebois-Markov
Komisarek-Souray
Rivet-Bouillon

Jose The Man

Old
11-24-2003, 02:02 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
What would your lines be after the two callups.

Here's mine:

Perreault-Koivu-Zednik
Ryder-Ribeiro-Dagenais
Bulis-Juneau-Dackell
Langdon-Begin-Sundstrom

Brisebois-Markov
Komisarek-Souray
Rivet-Bouillon

Jose The Man
If you're going to create lines and remove Quintal, you should at least explain why there's even a possibility of that happening (IE give him a week or two of rest to be with his newborn baby). Maybe they've decided to alternate Komi and Q until a trade moves one of our right d-men?

I like your line-up up front. Koivu playing with 2 snipers, and Ribeiro playing with two big kids. Let's hope Dags and Ribs can make sparks fly again!

By the way, Dags was pissed off when he was cut from camp earlier, and he said he'd do everything he could to force the coach to bring him back to Montreal. Let's hope he can at least follow that up with some intense play in the NHL.

Old
11-24-2003, 02:06 PM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

Bulis - Koivu - Dagenais
Ryder - Ribeiro - Zednik
Juneau - Perreault - Sundstrom
Langdon - Begin - Dackell

Komisarek - Markov
Brisebois - Souray
Rivet - Bouillon

Theodore
Garon

Old
11-24-2003, 02:13 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

I'm pretty sure the Zednik - Koivu - Ryder line and the Bulis - Juneau - Dackell line will remain unchanged.

So I guess this could be possible:

Zednik - Koivu - Ryder
Perreault - Ribeiro - Dagenais
Bulis - Juneau - Dackell
Langdon - Begin - Sundstrom

Nothing to get me excited. I have no idea how they're going to manage the D pairings. Maybe they'll scratch Quintal or play him on the left. Or maybe Komisarek won't play just yet. We'll see.

Old
11-24-2003, 02:18 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

I'm not quite sure how Dagenais will be used, but here's my take.

Micheal Ryder - Saku Koivu - Richard Zednik
Yanic Perreault - Mike Ribeiro - Niklas Sundstrom
Jan Bulis - Joe Juneau - Andreas Dackell
Darren Langdon - Steve Begin - Pierre Dagenais

P.S.: I'd prefer having Bulis on the second line instead of Perreault, but that's wishful thinking. This is what I think will happen. By the way, can Bulis play RW?

Old
11-24-2003, 02:47 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash61
Bulis - Koivu - Dagenais
Ryder - Ribeiro - Zednik
Juneau - Perreault - Sundstrom
Langdon - Begin - Dackell

Komisarek - Markov
Brisebois - Souray
Rivet - Bouillon

Theodore
Garon

Sure put two guys that have been playing in the AHL and put them on our top line and top defensive pairing, sounds good.

Dagenais is a natural LW, don't know where he will play though

Old
11-24-2003, 03:00 PM
IceHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
I'm not sure quite sure how Dagenais will be used, but here's my take.

P.S.: I'd prefer having Bulis on the second line instead of Perreault, but that's wishful. This is what I think will happen. By the way, can Bulis play RW?
totally agree.
Just amazing how many people put Pierre Dagenais on the second line.What has he done so far?
Sundstrom can be very useful player if you use him properly.He is not a checking-line player,he can't give a hit.He looks lost with Langdon and Begin.And if you put him with on the 4th line against Nucks.Don't expect him to play well...
Bulis is one of our strongest wingers, want it or not but his speed, dribbling,passing,contribution are amazing and putting him on defencive line!? c'mon people don't we have anybody to fill that role?

Old
11-24-2003, 03:07 PM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
I'm not sure quite sure how Dagenais will be used, but here's my take.

P.S.: I'd prefer having Bulis on the second line instead of Perreault, but that's wishful. This is what I think will happen. By the way, can Bulis play RW?

finally someone thinking like i do.
i don't like dagenais at all espically since lou lameralo passed on him as a prospect

he is suppose to be really soft and someone psted in the summer who knew him said that he had no character at all

so if he is so determined to make the team as everyone says, let him start on the 4th line just as ryder had to

Old
11-24-2003, 03:09 PM

Zednik-Koivu-Ryder
Perreault-Ribeiro-Sundstrom
Bulis-Juneau-Dackell
Bégin-Dagenais

Souray-Brisebois
Markov-Komisarek
Bouillon- Rivet/Quintal

Against Vancouver Langdon is not needed not only because Vancouver does not have a fighter on their current roster, but Langdon will not fight any of them anyways, as prior to the last game he mentionned that he wasn`t going to fight any of his ex-temates so if he`s not going to defend any of our players (Théodore) we might as well dress 7 d-men and play him on the left wing or double shift one of the wingers....give Dagenais some PP time with the 2nd unit.

Old
11-24-2003, 03:15 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by adammacisaac
i don't like dagenais at all espically since lou lameralo passed on him as a prospect

he is suppose to be really soft and someone psted in the summer who knew him said that he had no character at all

so if he is so determined to make the team as everyone says, let him start on the 4th line just as ryder had to
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHeart
totally agree.
Just amazing how many people put Pierre Dagenais on the second line.What has he done so far?
Sundstrom can be very useful player if you use him properly.He is not a checking-line player,he can't give a hit.He looks lost with Langdon and Begin.And if you put him with on the 4th line against Nucks.Don't expect him to play well...
Bulis is one of our strongest wingers, want it or not but his speed, dribbling,passing,contribution are amazing and putting him on defencive line!? c'mon people don't we have anybody to fill that role?
That's my philosphy too. Let the guy prove himself first, and we'll go from there. Perhaps Gainey saw something special in him when he signed him in the off-season, and yes, maybe he was "that" good in the Q when playing with Ribeiro, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have to work to get quality ice time.

As far as I'm concerned, he should still be considered as an AHLer that is trying to have a regular spot on the team. I don't have any expectations for him; therefore, I think he'll start in a grinder role. He'll have to work if he wants to make his way to the top.

Old
11-24-2003, 03:40 PM
arsobro

Ryder-Koivu-Zednik
Perreault-Ribeiro-Dagenais
Bulis-Juneau-Dackell
Langdon-Begin-Sundstrom

Markov-Brisebois
Souray-Quintal
Bouillon-Komisarek

Jose La tuque

Old
11-24-2003, 04:01 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by adammacisaac

Still he (Lou) drafted him twice.. something about his play must be apealing..

Old
11-24-2003, 04:09 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Zednik-Koivu-Ryder
Bulis-Ribeiro-Sundstrom
Perreault-Kilger-Dackell
Langdon-Begin-Dagenais

Juneau will seat for a game or two,not because he play bad but only because he Is starting to be a little bit old and If we want to get the maximum out of him a I think It could be useful to give him a break sometime

Old
11-24-2003, 04:27 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future=Hossa
Zednik-Koivu-Ryder
Bulis-Ribeiro-Sundstrom
Perreault-Kilger-Dackell
Langdon-Begin-Dagenais
Hey wake up, they didn't bring Dagenais for the checking line. He's racking the goals, and that's why they bring him.

Old
11-24-2003, 04:32 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHeart
totally agree.

just amazing how people put Ryder , Plecanek , Perezhogin and Balej on the first line since the start of the season , but than suddendly , because it is Dagenais, want him to be on the 4 th line ....

if the coach and Gainey have want a 4 th liner , they would have call someone else that Dagenais .Gratton have more the ''spark'' that you wish from a 4 th liner , but no way Dagenais get that .

they probably want to play him in front of the net , when the team have a power play .Rivest is not the man to do that !

Old
11-24-2003, 04:45 PM
jcpenny

You bring up Dagenais, make him play on the second line right away. Why should we waste our time and put him in a 4th line. We wnt goals from him and his size so lets see what he can do right now.

Old
11-24-2003, 04:54 PM
RichardZednik#20

Zednik-Koivu-Zednik --Try to get some camestry between these guys.

Perreault-Ribeiro-Sundstom --Sundstrom did well in the last 2 games, so does Rib and Perreault. Dagenais could be use on RW later in the game or in a couple of game but not riht now.

Bulis-Juneau-Dackell --No need to change even tough Bulis should get a better chance.

Dagenais-Begin-Langdon --Dagenais will have to be impresse and use is size when playing on 4th line. He should and hope he gets is scoring chances on the PP and needs to make it happen.Begin and Langdon just need to contunie what they are doing right now.

No change on D I suppose altough Quintal even if I really like him, should get a game off for his bad play in west. Komi should get his chance but Julien will propably not use him much.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:04 PM
markov`

OFFENSE

Ryder - Koivu - Zednik --- we have a regular line, so just keep it up.

Perreault - Ribeiro - Dagenais --- it will be interesting the two best scorers of the team with the new-comer. Perreault is red hot, this line should work.

Bulis - Begin - Sundstrom --- Sundstrom played well last game and it could be such a reward. Begin is playing his ass off and Bulis can create some scoring opportunity.

Langdon - Juneau - Dackell --- the checking line

bencher: Chad Kilger

DEFENSE

Rivet - Souray
Brisebois - Bouillon
Komisarek - Markov

bencher: Stephane Quintal

My strategy here is to give a lot of ice-time to Rivet, so he should be traded sooner. When he is traded, call-up Hainsey and there will be a three-men battle between Komi, Quintal and Hainsey.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:10 PM
Belarus Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
Hey wake up, they didn't bring Dagenais for the checking line. He's racking the goals, and that's why they bring him.
Hey rahan just give me one reason why should I put Dagenais on the second line??did this guy prove somethin In the Nhl??? yes he was good In the AHL but that don't prove a damn thing,the guy Is verry slow and don't use Is size as he should do,IMO I think everyone need to start somewhere and I seriously doubt Dagenais place Is on the Second line

Old
11-24-2003, 05:48 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Hey rahan just give me one reason why should I put Dagenais on the second line??did this guy prove somethin In the Nhl??? yes he was good In the AHL but that don't prove a damn thing,the guy Is verry slow and don't use Is size as he should do,IMO I think everyone need to start somewhere and I seriously doubt Dagenais place Is on the Second line

I thought I gave a reason: we bring him for goals, and he will not bring those on the fourth line. Trust me, if he gets second line teammates, he will do more than two points in 15 games (referring to Hossa.)

Old
11-24-2003, 06:31 PM
Belarus Rocket

well IMO,doesn't mean a guy get good number In the AHL that he will do the same In the Nhl

Old
11-25-2003, 06:51 AM
Rahan

Quote:
well IMO,doesn't mean a guy get good number In the AHL that he will do the same In the Nhl
I didn't say he'd get two goals a game as he did in the AHL, only that he will rack up more points than Hossa did.

Old
11-25-2003, 08:11 AM
Traitor8

We have to put Dagenais on the first 2 lines. He looked focused and ready to put some pucks in the net at the Nhl Level. There is no point bringing him up and then putting him on the 4th line. Let's see if Dagenais and Ribeiro can get things going again...

Old
11-25-2003, 08:35 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
We sure cant put him in the 3rd or 4rth line.. makes no sens... he is not a defensive player nor is he a energy guy. If he's not in the offensive line he is worthless

Old
11-25-2003, 08:52 AM
Subban Fan

Dagenais in the lineup!

According to CKAC, He will play with Ribeiro and Perreault...

Closed Thread