HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone noticed that both Kostitsyn and Grabovsky aren't doing great?

Old
10-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Empireshark

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
Done! I have also decided to take it upon myself to prevent you from ever using your private messages when you have a personnal issue, as the mature and logical thing to do would be to call them out so the public can have a perception, be it negative or positive.

Thank you. Can I still use my smilies though?

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 03:55 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

on a more serious note, it's strange that some people still think that Kostitsyn was much better than Lats in the camp and they don't want to admit that Kosty isn't playing well. Heck, he's not even living up to the expections in the AHL!

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 03:59 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
I was looking at the Hamilton stats and noticed that Kostitsyn had 3 points and Grabovsky only had 2. Not so great in my opinion. Maybe it's part of the reason Hamilton has 4 points this season out of a possible 16. And to think I thought these 2 guys would be the forst ones up if any injuries happen.
Well stats can be misleading. Other then Lapierre and Chipchura, Grabovski and Kostitsyn have been among the better players, although the last two games the entire team looked asleep for large parts of the game. Grabovski did start off slow but he is showing good wheels and starting to get confidence. Looks good when paired with Lapierre and somehow Coach Lever figured out that playing Kostitsyn with Grabovski might be a good idea.

Kostitsyn has hurt his back, and he has looked good at times, I like him on the PP but one thing I can't stand about him is that everthing will be going fine and then he just looks like he doesn't want to skate hard. I heard somewhere that management told Kostitsyn when they sent him down that they were going to evaluate the team after 20 games to see where it stands. I fully expect him to see some time with the Habs this year, hope he makes the best of it.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:00 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
on a more serious note, it's strange that some people still think that Kostitsyn was much better than Lats in the camp and they don't want to admit that Kosty isn't playing well. Heck, he's not even living up to the expections in the AHL!
Is Laperierre not playing well? It's not directly about Kostitsyn being ready or not, it's more about "are there better prospects available" this year to play on the 3rd or 4th line rather then some oversized junior that has proven that he's in over his head. If anyone on the Habs current roster was playing as badly as Latendresse currently is they would be in the stands.

Old
10-30-2006, 04:04 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark View Post
Is Laperierre not playing well? It's not directly about Kostitsyn being ready or not, it's more about "are there better prospects available" this year to play on the 3rd or 4th line rather then some oversized junior that has proven that he's in over his head. If anyone on the Habs current roster was playing as badly as Latendresse currently is they would be in the stands.
You certainly want to have the last word on this thread.... even if you are in the left field. Keep going !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I'm not making excuses for Kostitsyn but I really believe that Don Lever is the problem in Hamilton.

From what I have seen from this team since Lever took over I have been very disappointed. There is no flow to their game at all due to a complete lack of a transition game and players are consistently out of position in all three zones.

I say Gainey should dump Lever if Andy Murray shows some interest in the position.
Honestly, it is

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
You certainly want to have the last word on this thread.... even if you are in the left field. Keep going !
I'm standing right beside you in that field. I'm the one with the Higgins jersey on.

Old
10-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
I used to hate playing in left field, I was always of the mentality that if you do everything right, you had to be placed right. If it happened no one played on one part of the field, well then so be it.

I also like to have the last word, what I do normally is engage in a match of wits with people I'm with. I firmly believe both you, and Empire Shark should engage in such a match, the winner, recieving the biggest macaroni I can find in my kitchen. The loser, having to endure the pain of losing an argument over the internet. Is there no greater punishement?

No.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:15 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
great reply!

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-D View Post
Either you don't have a sense of humor, Qui Gon Dave, or your sarcasm detector was off.
At no point in time did it occur to me that his post was sarcastic, so I guess I over-reacted. But I open a thread to see its about players not being good based on stats (which admittedly, Belso has explained now, but at the time was an interesting start) and I see another one word, no explaination post with no indication of the intent behind it. Maybe I don't pay enough attention to the guy's other posts to know if this is a typical sarcastic approach from him, but I took it completely seriously. Must remember not to take him seriously in the future. Anyways...

As for the Latendresse issue, are we back in that minefield again? He had 2 good camps and it was either a case of throwing him in one pool and hoping he could swim (NHL) or throwing him in the other and watching him paddle round for a year (juniors). It may not be a universally popular decision (probably not an easy one either) but I think the right call was made. Could Kost fit in better? Probably. Would he? Possibly. But he has a situation he has to deal with now and so does Lats. Is Lats the definition of NHL ready? No, of course not. Neither were Higgins, Pleks or Pez last year but they managed to take the step to fit in. Due to his circumstances, Lats just has a bigger first step to take to reach the level they are at. And while some people expect him to make that step in one stride, management will give him enough time, space and guidance to shuffle his way towards that first step. Lets hope he makes plenty of headway this year and next year he can start making larger steps based on what he learns this year.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Evil Ted

Kosty has no movitation hes been through this cycle how many times now?

He should be playing on the habs this season just like our other prospects who earned a roster spot by working hard in the AHL for a few seasons(Komi, Perez, Higgins, Ryder, Pleks). When you get cut behind a player who isnt even done his jr career you have to feel jipped.

As for Grabovsky, he for sure is just comming over his language barrier is very solid right now so it will take him atleast a couple seasons in the AHL to become accostom to the North American lifestyle/language.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:32 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Busts
Go buys some eggs.

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:43 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKourage View Post
Go buys some eggs.
I don't believe that's a proper insult. People buy eggs all the time, I personally buy them a dozen each week. I've never been in the bust business, but I don't think it's related to the egg industry. Whatever floats your boat though, but I'm not giving this a thumbs up, but I'm always open for advice.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Pascal

I think Kots is a case of being down on being sent back to the AHL. I think it's true that Russians don't like too much to play in lesser competition, in which case they don't play as well as they could. It could be wrong, but I think if he was in the NHL he'd play a lot better, as he'd feel he is playing with the best.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Higgins never scored 30 goals in a year at the AHL level either, Jason Ward has though so be careful what you wish for. As far as Kostitsyn scoring 30 goals, it could prove to be difficult for him this year, as in past years, because other than a couple of other decent players he just doesn't have a very good supporting cast and the Bulldogs record has reflected that for the past couple of years.
yes, but Higgins wasn't known as a "goalscorer"...Kosty is. Atleast that's what's to my knowledge.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 07:03 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
The fact that Kostitsyn has experience playing against professional hockey players the last couple of years at the AHL and NHL level and the fact that he didn't look out of place on the Habs when called up last year tells me that he's NHL ready. What has Latendresse done to prove that he's NHL ready?
no. The thing is Latendresse is able to plays on the 4 th line , because of his physical game . Kosty is a player that needs to be on the top 6 to be effective . Do you want him to replaces Higgins , Kovalev , Ryder or Samsonov ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 07:09 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
I don't believe that's a proper insult. People buy eggs all the time, I personally buy them a dozen each week. I've never been in the bust business, but I don't think it's related to the egg industry. Whatever floats your boat though, but I'm not giving this a thumbs up, but I'm always open for advice.
I agree . I am alone , but buy my half dozen each week .

Why the eggs ? why not bathroom paper ? at least , there is the stupid link with the *** that our brain could do , but egg ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
no. The thing is Latendresse is able to plays on the 4 th line , because of his physical game . Kosty is a player that needs to be on the top 6 to be effective . Do you want him to replaces Higgins , Kovalev , Ryder or Samsonov ?
Ummm Kosty played on the 4th last season and scored a goal did he not? he had 3 pts in 12 games. All this crap about how Kosty wouldnt be effective on the 4th line is a pile of bull. Kosty has done it before.

Anyway he could even play himself onto the 2nd line too just like Tenderness did with his elite level scoring ability.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Kostitsyn is NOT NHL ready ! It's in your dreams only.
And Lats is?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Toro

for all those who think its alright for lazy russian players to play like crap in the A, i have to ask why? If a player wants to make the NHL he either has to be particularly needed or he has to impress. Kost and Grab need to impress im afraid. If they don't realize this, their agent isn't doing his job. I have heard enough excuses about Andre Kost. and i havent heard enough of Grab so i will wait on him. I had high hopes for these guys, im really dissapointed in them. I didn't think they particularly earned anything yet. They will have to turn around Hamiltons fortunes and become the best players on the team or they will never play in the NHL. Laps, Ferland, Chiper will get called up befopre those two russians at this point.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
And Lats is?
Lats has abilities that are needed in Montreal, Kost and grabovski have nothing particularly needed.

Lats is progressing nicely, he will be so much better come playof time. He is getting the best learnig experience anyone can get. Im not worried, he is a tough kid.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Lats has abilities that are needed in Montreal, Kost and grabovski have nothing particularly needed.

Lats is progressing nicely, he will be so much better come playof time. He is getting the best learnig experience anyone can get. Im not worried, he is a tough kid.
Lats has abilities that we already have enough of which is grinders that hit (Begin, Downey, Begin). What we need MORE of is goal scorers which Kostitsyn is big time.

Sorry, the Lats experience has failed and I look forward to another 70 or so games of his "so-called" great physical play. Man, can't stand the love for someone that hasn't done crap.

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Teufelsdreck

When Kostitsyn has the opportunity to play 10 games with the Habs while Latendresse is also around we'll see how they compare. Based on his previous NHL stats, Kost is ahead because in his few appearances he has a few scoring points versus none for Lats. However, any conclusion would be premature.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:36 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
They also lack the brain cells that allows them to work hard and understand the North American culture.
You're kidding right ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:39 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I think Kots is a case of being down on being sent back to the AHL. I think it's true that Russians don't like too much to play in lesser competition, in which case they don't play as well as they could. It could be wrong, but I think if he was in the NHL he'd play a lot better, as he'd feel he is playing with the best.
I think so too...
Remember how wide Kosts smile was playing for the Habs!
Remember Kosts 2 nice goals...he was so excited to score!!

I'm sure he's a little down (being sent back to AHL), but...I really hope he plays more than a few games with the Habs this season..., also Grabovski...
-------------- ------------
Besides this...Maxim Lapierre deserves a call up (replace Murray until he wakes up...maybe Murray should let his hair grow again for good luck!!).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote