HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anson Carter

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2003, 05:08 PM
habitants9_4

vCash: 500
Anson Carter

It seems like many ofn us would like to see him in a Habs jersey, considering the fact that he is available, and we need a guy like him. What would you guys be willing to spare?

I am thinking of:

Duncan Milroy (Lack of depth in prospects on RW)
Craig Rivet (Need a RD that plays defensively first)
Niklas Sundstrom (They like him, and he is defensive forward, which they could use right now)

for

Anson Carter (A good scorer who we could use to build a top 6 around)

What do you guys think of this offer, now it is up to you to propose better...What deal or offer would you do for Carter?

Old
11-23-2003, 05:28 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Take off Milroy and replace him by a regular foward(Perreault,Dackell,Audette,Juneau) and I would do it. But it just a dream. New-York would not want any of these guy's so I would do Rivet-Milroy and Sunstrom for Carter.

Old
11-23-2003, 05:42 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
10 points through 30 games in NY... not very appealing!
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_b...10&hubName=NYR

I know he's the type of player we should be looking for, but they shouldn't be asking for too much with his contribution this low, moreover, at $2 800 000...

Old
11-23-2003, 06:20 PM
habitants9_4

Hes just in a slump, needs to be dealt!

Old
11-23-2003, 06:20 PM
Harry Kakalovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
10 points through 30 games in NY... not very appealing!
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_b...10&hubName=NYR

I know he's the type of player we should be looking for, but they shouldn't be asking for too much with his contribution this low, moreover, at $2 800 000...
i agree.

Old
11-23-2003, 06:21 PM
KILLger

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants9_4
Hes just in a slump, needs to be dealt!
No doubt he's in a slump... it shows big time. Perfect time to buy low...

Old
11-23-2003, 08:08 PM
SuperUnknown

Anson Carter ain't a power forward (for those that thinks so).

He gives about two bodychecks every year.

Old
11-23-2003, 09:18 PM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
No doubt he's in a slump... it shows big time. Perfect time to buy low...

No kidding he's on a slump, it seems like everytime the Rangers aquire someone new they automatically start slumping.

Old
11-23-2003, 09:23 PM
Kasparov*

Black hockey player in montreal? It's sorta hard to imagine, and Carter is overrated.

Old
11-23-2003, 10:54 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasparov
Black hockey player in montreal? It's sorta hard to imagine, and Carter is overrated.
Brashear played in Montreal...

Old
11-24-2003, 02:41 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Carter has size but I believe he has been accused of being a soft player in the past. I don't know if this is what Montreal needs??

And, I'm not one to make trades just to make trades.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:06 AM
tipping point

Quote:

While Carter is overrated a bit IMO, I would like you to explain the logic behind your idea that it would be hard to imagine a black hockey player in Mtl...just curious.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:33 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Watch your step my friend. You are bordering on a racist comments there. And what is with the "teach" smiley? You schooling us?

People shouldn't care if the player is french, english, russian, white, black or purple. The goal is to entertain us with good hockey.

I didn't like the underlying message of Lafleur's comments either, " they should have a european division so that they could play there, and we could have more players that the fans can identify with."

Sounds pretty "small town". No?

Just because they come from the same town as I,it doesn't make me like them. There are plenty of idiots in my town to, I saw at least 20 of them driving in to work. I do not prefer them over Swedes, or any other nationality or creed.

Next time, don't try to "school" us.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:55 AM
Kasparov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
Brashear played in Montreal...
Oh yeah, i forgot about Brashear...

By the way for those who think it was a racist comment, it wasn't, i just can't imagine Carter playing in montreal, neither would i want him too.

It's just a personal thing, i can't imagine Carter playing here, noone's gotta take this to heart and try and make something out of it and try make me look like a bad guy when i'm just saying my opinion.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:57 AM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
last year the oilers boards were using carter as a scape goat because of his soft play and inconsistency

sure he can score and and is sound defensively, but would anyone want someone who even the oilers fans didn't want

Old
11-24-2003, 06:27 AM
TheCrazyGoalie

He would be a great reclamation project IMO. Look at his stats. He had 3 50+ pt. seasons in a row with 30 goals. If we could pick him up for Sunstrom and a right D-man I say take it! Can't be worse than all the other stiffs we have already.

Old
11-24-2003, 07:28 AM
Kirk Muller

I really don't get the fascination hab fans have with Carter. He can put up points, but is extremely streaky. We have a guy like him in Richard Zednik. He is a guy you don't count on, and is never going to be the leader on ice, or go to guy. I still remember him going something like 20 or 30 games without a goal when he played in Edmonton. Really, he is a perfect fit in New York. He is not the type of veteran I want the habs youth to learn from. Get the Mike Griers, Ethan Moreau's of the league, Guys the kids can learn from and know they are giving 110% every shift.

Frankly I think Carter would be eaten alive here. How many people were on Zednik this year. If he was traded here, I wouldn't give up any prospect, simply roster players like Rivet or Sundstrom, maybe a pick (not a first).

Old
11-24-2003, 07:57 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
By the way for those who think it was a racist comment, it wasn't, i just can't imagine Carter playing in montreal, neither would i want him too.

It's just a personal thing, i can't imagine Carter playing here, noone's gotta take this to heart and try and make something out of it and try make me look like a bad guy when i'm just saying my opinion.
The fact that you had to qualify him as a "black" player is why I pointed it out. If you are not racist, good. But realize that when you qualify a person by their "type" you open yourself to questions about you being a racist. 'Nuff said?

Back to hockey, I am not sold on Carter either. While he is an upgrade from many of our players, he is not "the answer".

It is a shame that we have to set our target at mid level talent. For god sakes, we are the Habs. We have gotten so used to getting table scraps, we accept it as a fact of life.

Ofcourse, you gotta give to get. The only thing we have that might entice a GM to trade away top tier talent is our rookies and prospects.

Why is it that other teams can trade fouth line players for a top tier player like Hasek? Can't we ever find a desperate GM willing to trade an all star for a guy like Kilger?

Old
11-24-2003, 08:03 AM
Kasparov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole
The fact that you had to qualify him as a "black" player is why I pointed it out. If you are not racist, good. But realize that when you qualify a person by their "type" you open yourself to questions about you being a racist. 'Nuff said?

Back to hockey, I am not sold on Carter either. While he is an upgrade from many of our players, he is not "the answer".

It is a shame that we have to set our target at mid level talent. For god sakes, we are the Habs. We have gotten so used to getting table scraps, we accept it as a fact of life.

Ofcourse, you gotta give to get. The only thing we have that might entice a GM to trade away top tier talent is our rookies and prospects.

Why is it that other teams can trade fouth line players for a top tier player like Hasek? Can't we ever find a desperate GM willing to trade an all star for a guy like Kilger?
Oh no, i called a black person/hockey player black! What a racist i am!

Grow up.

Old
11-24-2003, 08:14 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Oh no, i called a black person/hockey player black! What a racist i am!

Grow up.
Whatever. I was letting you off the hook, but you were too smart to see that.

Now, I will grow up.

Old
11-24-2003, 09:08 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole
Whatever. I was letting you off the hook, but you were too smart to see that.

Now, I will grow up.
Personally I am surprised more people didn't jump all over him. Why would someone bring up race/colour for no apparent reason? To me it just doesn't make sense. There is no logic behind it other than to be an a-hole which I think he proved by his follow up post, or maybe just too ignorant to see how his comment sounds.

Old
11-24-2003, 09:56 AM
KILLger

At first I thought he meant that we were racist, 'cos of some drunk fans (or drunk fan) that threw a banana to, I believe it was Kevin Weekes...

With his last two comments...

Old
11-24-2003, 10:08 AM
Kasparov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Personally I am surprised more people didn't jump all over him. Why would someone bring up race/colour for no apparent reason? To me it just doesn't make sense. There is no logic behind it other than to be an a-hole which I think he proved by his follow up post, or maybe just too ignorant to see how his comment sounds.
I said black hockey player, just like i would say russian hockey player, or finnish hockey player etc, just because i said black doesn't mean im racist, get over it.

Old
11-24-2003, 11:21 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
I said black hockey player, just like i would say russian hockey player, or finnish hockey player etc, just because i said black doesn't mean im racist, get over it.

Ok. Let's return to speaking about hockey. Just stop with the teach smiley. You are not teaching us anything yet.

Old
11-24-2003, 01:21 PM
tipping point

Quote:

Thing is you said it would be hard to imagine a black hockey player in Mtl...you didn't just mention Carter was a black hockey player. I don't want to make a big deal out of this because you clearly didn't ment it in a hateful kind of way. Just don't try to make people who called you on it sound like idiots. But yes, let's get back to hockey.

Closed Thread